WRFL Div. 2 Season 2008 and Beyond Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
i agree with ya man, all the 2nds umpires arnt up tp scratch but hey we must remember they aint official umpires and they r there to get the boys on the park, and with out them there isnt a game.. so cant piss and moan man its coz of them we got a 2nds comp going...

we know ther not professional umpires but its not if there poor or pay bad frees its the consistancy in which they pay them, if they pay them for both teams its not to much of a issue, its when they just pay stupid free kicks for there team and pretty much cheat or favour there own side , thats when it becomes a joke

I dunno guys

Parkside were very very confident last year and yes they did make finals but werent they 1-5 after 6 rounds? You cant be saying Parkside will be the best side too early because we all remember the condfidence on this very thread this time last year.

You can talk about recruits and gun players alll you want but fact is alot of sides wouldve upgraded there lists and Parkside were no better than the group of Coburg, Deer Park, Lavo and Braybrook in 08, by that i mean they were decent but no where near as good as the top 3. I know Lavo and Deer Park have much better lists than last year and yet we lay silent without promoting our so called *GUN* players. Ive also heard alot of good things about the brookers who were one game out of finals last year.

Good luck in season 2009. After the first few rounds only then can we predict who the better sides will be!

I have only been involved with Albanvale for one season but from what i have heard i would have to agree with you STRONG.

Hence this is something that we have taken into consideration in our recruiting of players for 2009. We have plenty of good kids under the age of 21, so we have targeted older more experienced players and players that have played at a higher level to bring a bit of class and polish and not to mention experience to the squad.

I can assure you Albanvale will be at least top3 for season 2009, i'll put my balls on the line..... :thumbsu:

After a chat today i think Albanvale are atually hands down the team to beat.

There are some gun rucruits down there and with probally the best coacg in the league(Ace was the smartest footballer i ever playted with) i think you guys are primership favourites and have the with your new recruits(who should dominate Div 2) probally have the best overall team on paper,

Albanvale have been there abouts for years and with half a dozen gun recruits and the addition of a champion player as Ace i think u will might hard to beat.

All the best its going to be a interesting season.

There are some gun rucruits down there and with probally the best coacg in the league(Ace was the smartest footballer i ever playted with) i think you guys are primership favourites and have the with your new recruits(who should dominate Div 2) probally have the best overall team on paper,

Albanvale have been there abouts for years and with half a dozen gun recruits and the addition of a champion player as Ace i think u will might hard to beat.

Cheers Cain, i hope you are right.....:D:thumbsu: we will have to wait and see. One thing is for certain its going to be alot more competitive than recent years. There are probably 8 out of the 10 teams that could win on any given day, which is great for the comp.

I know i would rather that, i hate rocking up to a game knowing that even if you are not switched on you will still win by 20 goals, nobody wants that. This year you will have to be up mentally every week. :thumbsu:

which older players have youse targeted and if youse dont make top 3 you can say bye bye to kids and tea-baggin. maybee you can donate them to nth footscray and they might actually go up and have a crack at divy 1

parksider darn i thought you would have learnt from last year bout shooting your mouth off...worry bout yr own club getting back in div 1 and stop bagging other teams that spanked your side last year

Not sure about hands down.....the Devils pumped Albanvale on both occasions last year. Probably don't have as many key or name signings but at this stage I think it is fair to say we will have 6-8 new seniors players. Couple that with a a few decent kids and natural improvement from our young guns then we should be up there again.
Obviously still a few to hopefully sign up, but having depth is a critical.

If the Cobras can get back Portelli (and perhaps Bassi?) plus their new recruits then they will be top 3 for sure. In the finals last year old man Heenan was decent at full forward, but they struggled at centre half forward and their key backs were undersized. Also despite being howled down before by the Cobra fans on this forum, they don't have much upcoming young talent in their magoos.

In the seniors, young Brooks is exciting as is the chunky Catania, so I guess we will know early in the season how things are shaping up.

Not sure about hands down.....the Devils pumped Albanvale on both occasions last year. Probably don't have as many key or name signings but at this stage I think it is fair to say we will have 6-8 new seniors players. Couple that with a a few decent kids and natural improvement from our young guns then we should be up there again.

If the Cobras can get back Portelli (and perhaps Bassi?) plus their new recruits then they will be top 3 for sure. In the finals last year old man Heenan was decent at full forward, but they struggled at centre half forward and their key backs were undersized. Also despite being howled down before by the Cobra fans on this forum, they don't have much upcoming young talent in their magoos.

In the seniors, young Brooks is exciting as is the chunky Catania, so I guess we will know early in the season how things are shaping up.

Very valid points Red devil. I think you guys will be very hard to beat and deserve to be favs, we have a lot of improving to do to be competitive with you guys.

parksider darn i thought you would have learnt from last year bout shooting your mouth off...worry bout yr own club getting back in div 1 and stop bagging other teams that spanked your side last year

which club are you from coward . you love comin on here potting parkside yet you dont say what club your from. i reckon your from nth footscray which would explain alot

Early predictions for season 2009

1- Albanvale
2- Parkside
3 -Nth Footscray

*Should clearly be the top 3 in some order, and the premier will come from one of these _____________________________________________________

4 -Deer Park
5 -Laverton
6- Yarraville
7 -Coburg

* Will have a battle between themselves for the last 2 spots in the 5, but just making up the numbers. ( Yarraville a little bit of the unknown )

Thoughts ?

deer park will finish between 6 and 9............

does any one from parkside know how darcy mcmahon goes i think he won bnf in c grade last year ?

he goes alright, young player who still has another year in u18s.
has the miles in his legs but lacks speed, strong overhead with great skills.

speed is his downfall but seen him down training lately, looks superfit and
has gained some pace.

he goes alright, young player who still has another year in u18s.
has the miles in his legs but lacks speed, strong overhead with great skills.

speed is his downfall but seen him down training lately, looks superfit and
has gained some pace.

will he be pushing for 1s or has he decided to play another year in the 18s ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

will he be pushing for 1s or has he decided to play another year in the 18s ?

he is down at the calder cannons doin a pre-season so if he doesnt
get a game down there he should be in parksides 22. will be insteresting
to see how he goes this year with no senior football experience apart
from a couple of kick arounds in the ressies last year.

Hustle, i am very intersted to know which club you are playing with this year. You are a very good player and have played DIV 1 all your juniors. Are you staying at WEST or are you Playing some where else

not a bad idea however it would only cause arguements between clubs cause there will always be some bias there.. remember in local footy people have been around.

i think the leauge has to take control of the umpires association becuase it has been run into the ground by the terry gunn show..
The leauge has the resources and the community outreach to attract new umpires in the same way that clubs attract players. this wont happen overnight but hopefully with a good plan in 5 years we wont need the same arguements we get every year.

I agree there needs to be something done and that the standard has dropped in recent years but it the League supporting terry Gunn that has caused problems. they keep reappointing him even though the unpires dont want him and he has done NOTHING to improve the standard of umpiring. Whether its the league or the umpires association, someone has to do something as the numbers are gettin lower and with about 20 seniors umpires possibly boycotting the league will be in a mess.

i agree gettin the clubs to do somehting but i think it will be hard to find someone to umpire other clubs as that means missing you own club games - and it is hard enough to get club umpires as it is.

surely the paid league reps and paid Terry Gunn should be out in schools, shopping centres, football clubs, anywhere trying to get young teeneagers into the ranks and evelop them into good umpires - just like clubs are trying to do. As with club coaches -if current coach isnt doing job - recuiting, traing and puttin score on board then need someone who will.

Hope i dont sound liek an umpire hater as i do think they are essential - but surely something has to be done about curreent state as i agree advertising on WRFL website isnt gonna help much. Maybe local papers??? any other ideas???

Cheers Cain, i hope you are right.....:D:thumbsu: we will have to wait and see. One thing is for certain its going to be alot more competitive than recent years. There are probably 8 out of the 10 teams that could win on any given day, which is great for the comp.

I know i would rather that, i hate rocking up to a game knowing that even if you are not switched on you will still win by 20 goals, nobody wants that. This year you will have to be up mentally every week. :thumbsu:

I think most footballers would like to challagne themselves every week against the best players and teams, week in week out.

Its actually sad seeing teams get beat by massive margins and i think gives teams at false indication of where there at.

When you play teams that are that bad u can really do what u like on the field ie. Be unacountable, take on players and not give the first option and that can be detremental to a team entering a finals series.

for example in my opinion it would be a massive negative going into the finals playing Nth Sunshine and Wydhamvle in your last two games, where u would much prefer to play Albanvale and Parkside to keep you sharp.

Lets hope Wydhamvale are much imporved and more competetive, unfortunatly Nth Sunshine is not looking any better than last season.

I hope the league is much tighter this year as it would give it better crediabilty and a better profile.

Fair call mate.... I have good mail tho that there recruits at Albanvale are serious footballers and will run riot in Div 2 this season combine that with the already solid team the had from last season i think there early favorites.

There recruits i have been told are serious seruious footballers and young and hungry. I know Ace fairly i am sure he will be aiming very high thies year.

I am in no way writing Nth off or Parkside(tho parsides keep spruking about players who can play but are getting on in age which is a worry).

Think Albanvale and Nth Will finish top 2 and then i think anyone out of Braybrook, Yarraville, Parkside, Laverton, Deer Park will make up the final 3 finals spots.

Cain_M;13720554 Fair call mate.... I have good mail tho that there recruits at Albanvale are serious footballers and will run riot in Div 2 this season combine that with the already solid team the had from last season i think there early favorites. There recruits i have been told are serious seruious footballers and young and hungry. I know Ace fairly i am sure he will be aiming very high thies year. I am in no way writing Nth off or Parkside(tho parsides keep spruking about players who can play but are getting on in age which is a worry). Think Albanvale and Nth Will finish top 2 and then i think anyone out of Braybrook said:
Im going to start calling you Aussie Post mate because with the amount of so called MAIL you get you would think you are caroline wilson....

except people want to talk to her .. :eek::eek:

North Footscray have a Super Rules team for season 2009. If you are over 35 and keen for a kick then feel free to enquire within.
There is an orientation BBQ on this Sunday.
For more details see http://www.northfootscray.com.au/ or private message me for further information.

There goes the reserves team, you could have a rotation policy between the reserves team and the super rules team, if you play well in the 2's then you get promoted in the super's team.

Im going to start calling you Aussie Post mate because with the amount of so called MAIL you get you would think you are caroline wilson....

except people want to talk to her .. :eek::eek:
Albanvale will never win a flag they have been trying for god knows how long they are a good average team that beat sides they should but will struggle aginst the top sides you would have thought after beating heights in the quali final last year that might have been there best chance then to get smashed in the remaining 2 finals was a show of who they were and how far they are off the top 2 teams. there midfield is always strong and forward line as well but there back half seem to struggle a little and do let alot of goals in with all there recruits they have brought in they may improve in the areas they need to and it looks like cash isnt a probably this year for them always top 3 team just a matter if they can finally go that extra step its great to make finals every year but to never win it must be a tad frustrating for them

Fair call mate.... I have good mail tho that there recruits at Albanvale are serious footballers and will run riot in Div 2 this season combine that with the already solid team the had from last season i think there early favorites.

There recruits i have been told are serious seruious footballers and young and hungry. I know Ace fairly i am sure he will be aiming very high thies year.

I am in no way writing Nth off or Parkside(tho parsides keep spruking about players who can play but are getting on in age which is a worry).

Think Albanvale and Nth Will finish top 2 and then i think anyone out of Braybrook, Yarraville, Parkside, Laverton, Deer Park will make up the final 3 finals spots.

You must be Craigh Hutchison,

I want to know were you get your mail from? because i can tell you right now that your mail is so wrong that its not funny.

Mr news breaker, can you please name the players that parkside keep "spruking" about and are getting to an age that its a worry. Lets be honest mate you have got no idea.

tatts lets not forget how bad the coburg districts umpire was at our ground in tha 2s when he absolutley robbed us and sent off 3 players in the last qrt and we ended up losing by a goal. which led to him being chased off tha ground

Lets remember that coburg districts had two players knocked out in that game. Maybe the reason two of the three were sent off?????
And we wont mention the parkside u/18 game, where parkside player knocked out a whynham vale player after the final siren had sounded.

I have got no dought the reason why the coburg players got knocked out that day was purely the umpires fault. The parkside players were so frustrated of the stupid decsions he was giving out against them. Not for one moment am i saying it was right but im just explaining the reason behind the three that were knocked out. If i remeber two of the three players got knocked was in the third quarter not the last.

There goes the reserves team, you could have a rotation policy between the reserves team and the super rules team, if you play well in the 2's then you get promoted in the super's team.

Am sure there may be some mixing and matching. I think the Devils magoos will be a bit younger this year as the older guys will be encouraged to play Superrules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back