WRFL Div. 2 Season 2008 and Beyond

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no doubt that Wingy is the dirtiest player in the comp. He used to be a hard at it player that occasionally went the man but since coming back this season has turned into a sniper. Often runs past the ball to try and clean up players and always leads with the elbows. Also shirks the issue when it is his turn to keep his head over it.

I am sure that Karm will disput this but Iam also sure that there will be plenty of thers on here that will back me up

wingy all over........surely he wasnt hitting blokes late and high..........lol
does it every time..........give it out got to expect it back.........

Not really. Used to be known as a hard player but now has a reputation as a dirty sniper.

Anyone else care to weigh in with an opinion?

Wingy has and always will give it 100%, if you have copped a whack from him then you probably deserved it.( as long as it is in the rules of the game ) He has had to shoulder that aspect of his team one out for far too long.

I have known him all through his footy career and your right Paul he is an angry "red head" and perhaps his best years are behind him and at times he may get a little hot under the collar.

To his defense, he cops it as well as giving it out, never squeals and has had his share of hospital visits due to cheap shots and king hits.

I can recall atime against your old mob Paul when "kinged from behind" knocked unconscious.

He had a cracked jaw, had his teeth pushed through his check and when in hospital he refused the anesthetic when being stitched up. He was 17 at the time, that was one of many trips he has encountered over the years, not advocating violence on the field but in the school of hard knocks, its hard to expect anything other than "what you see is what you get" with him.

I have known him all through his footy career and your right Paul he is an angry "red head" and perhaps his best years are behind him and at times he may get a little hot under the collar.

To his defense, he cops it as well as giving it out, never squeals and has had his share of hospital visits due to cheap shots and king hits.

I can recall atime against your old mob Paul when "kinged from behind" knocked unconscious.

He had a cracked jaw, had his teeth pushed through his check and when in hospital he refused the anesthetic when being stitched up. He was 17 at the time, that was one of many trips he has encountered over the years, not advocating violence on the field but in the school of hard knocks, its hard to expect anything other than "what you see is what you get" with him.[/quote]

Very true about that Obe1, Wingy and Curmi have had to carry the Cobras for many years with the motto stop them two you stop Albanvale.
Think their probably cope more than they have giving.
Myself having giving them acouple of cheap ones ha ha
But you have to love the way they go about it.

hope you didnt burn yourself........

he wont get off.......with the tribunal being the way it has this year.......we wont be helping him out......cause he is a dill.........
lets be honest we were with the team we had out on the park were never going to win the game....both side's....is that being soft.........? i think its being realistic.........and our ladder possie hasnt changed so it work a little........dont know about this week though.........

heights for premiers by 10 goals.........

Whaddya mean? He is not guilty and as I said no.80 (who by the way ran for the smallest bloke and started swinging like Alistair Lynch in the 2004 AFL Grand Final) should do the honourable thing and support him in the tribunal as he got out of jail by not getting reported.

Am sick of Deer Park making excuses about injuries all year. Everyone cops them so just get on with it. You shouldn't lose by 20 goals, if you are a side in the top 5. How many hidings have you copped this year? You have also lost to teams lower on the ladders recently such as Braybrook and the Western Mapgies.

Heights pumped us and OK, while yours truly might have gone into hiding on BFooty for a short period, no one made any excuses.

Just done a quick headcount and the Devils had 9 players missing on the weekend, including 8 who have played seniors this year. I reckon 4 of them will get back into the ones, while the others are all good players. There are also a couple of seniors players who returned through the magoos on the weekend and will be pushing for a recall this weekend.

:cool:Tony Delaney

"West were celebrating Saturday night as they expected to lose by 40 goals and kept the margin to 38. They did hope however to score 2 or 3 goals but only managed the one. Oh well.

Curious in regards to West player Lika. I know that if I played every senior game for the season and was dropped for a grand final for a guy who had a snapped knee just so he could sit on the bench and get a madal, I would have a bit more pride than to come back and play the year after. Yes team comes first but self pride is pretty important especially when you play your whole life for a flag.

Looks like Albion have dropped off a bit, hopefully can get back to early form to make finals more interesting. Looking forward to getting down there for the 1988 reserves premiership reunion in August."

Good to see dalaney, matching it with the big boys
user_offline.gif

Whaddya mean? He is not guilty and as I said no.80 (who by the way ran for the smallest bloke and started swinging like Alistair Lynch in the 2004 AFL Grand Final) should do the honourable thing and support him in the tribunal as he got out of jail by not getting reported.

Am sick of Deer Park making excuses about injuries all year. Everyone cops them so just get on with it. You shouldn't lose by 20 goals, if you are a side in the top 5. How many hidings have you copped this year? You have also lost to teams lower on the ladders recently such as Braybrook and the Western Mapgies.

Heights pumped us and OK, while yours truly might have gone into hiding on BFooty for a short period, no one made any excuses.

Just done a quick headcount and the Devils had 9 players missing on the weekend, including 8 who have played seniors this year. I reckon 4 of them will get back into the ones, while the others are all good players. There are also a couple of seniors players who returned through the magoos on the weekend and will be pushing for a recall this weekend.

you must have had a few if you think no 80 was the first 1 to throw 1..........why was he reported even i seen the report card......booked for striking twice by the field umpie and the goal umpire.......good luck
hahaha as ive said before every team gets injuries and yes we have had ours 5 time's over.......im not making any excuses we arnt good enough simple as that.....hurts even more after the start to the year we had.....thats footy.....i also have said we dont deserve to be there if we cant beat sides like braybrook and magpies.......so get off your high horse and get fairdinkum.......

we will see you guys next year.........:thumbsu:

you must have had a few if you think no 80 was the first 1 to throw 1..........why was he reported even i seen the report card......booked for striking twice by the field umpie and the goal umpire.......good luck
hahaha as ive said before every team gets injuries and yes we have had ours 5 time's over.......im not making any excuses we arnt good enough simple as that.....hurts even more after the start to the year we had.....thats footy.....i also have said we dont deserve to be there if we cant beat sides like braybrook and magpies.......so get off your high horse and get fairdinkum.......

we will see you guys next year.........:thumbsu:

Your a lagger siding up with a goal umpire, probably that big fat one. What were you discussing? How many pies u could both eat. your a disgrace:thumbsdown:

There is no doubt that Wingy is the dirtiest player in the comp. He used to be a hard at it player that occasionally went the man but since coming back this season has turned into a sniper. Often runs past the ball to try and clean up players and always leads with the elbows. Also shirks the issue when it is his turn to keep his head over it.

I am sure that Karm will disput this but Iam also sure that there will be plenty of thers on here that will back me up

I'll back that. Run around throwing elbows all day, late to everything, trying to clean up players that were not looking, jumping into players on the ground with knee's, push and shoves with everyone he came into contact with etc etc etc. And in between all that walked around puffing the chest out like he was some sort of enforcer. Then when he had to put the head over the ball and put his body on the line he almost curled up into a foetal position. The word fool came to mind when watching him. Hope he enjoyed the extra attention in the second half.

I have not seen him pay a visit to tribunal at any stage this year Tony? Some of you bloke on here hide behind a keyboard and slag off certain players. I dare any of you to have a crack verbally. Im sure the Wingy's and Mallia's would be interested in hearing your cry's for help. Move on Tony and get a grip bruv. Keyboard Wannabee Footballers.

I'll back that. Run around throwing elbows all day, late to everything, trying to clean up players that were not looking, jumping into players on the ground with knee's, push and shoves with everyone he came into contact with etc etc etc. And in between all that walked around puffing the chest out like he was some sort of enforcer. Then when he had to put the head over the ball and put his body on the line he almost curled up into a foetal position. The word fool came to mind when watching him. Hope he enjoyed the extra attention in the second half.

You wouldnt allow that type of carry on at heights would you T.D. To say he wouldnt put his head over the ball is pretty dumb, I think the majority of people on this thread that know of wingy would all agree that he is no squib. As for the second half attention, did you think that was the only way you could win every position on the ground by taking him out cause if my memory serves me correct he was probably the only Albanvale winner on the day.

You would allow that type of carry on at heights would you T.D. To say he would put his head over the ball is pretty dumb, I think the majority of people on this thread that know of wingy would all agree that he is no squib. As for the second half attention, did you think that was the only way you could win every position on the ground by taking him out cause if my memory serves me correct he was probably the only Albanvale winner on the day.

Dont worry about TD, those with long memories can remember a certain fella running around with gloves on and chest out , not that long ago.

As for picking his mark with Wingy, tell us about some of your ex-team mates TD, some of which make the fore mentioned look quite tame.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You wouldnt allow that type of carry on at heights would you T.D. To say he wouldnt put his head over the ball is pretty dumb, I think the majority of people on this thread that know of wingy would all agree that he is no squib. As for the second half attention, did you think that was the only way you could win every position on the ground by taking him out cause if my memory serves me correct he was probably the only Albanvale winner on the day.

Here is a picture of some of the 2nd half attention that Wingy copped.

http://tools.leadernewspapers.com.au/photo_galleries/photo.php?id=44475&cid=491

If your not sure he is the one in the blue and white stripes on the bottom of the pack who is about to get clobbered. Looks to me that he is the victim rather than the aggressor :confused:

i wasnt gonna post again but gota get in this..bomber u r a dead set loser man.. i actually thought u were a decent bloke but with coments like that geez switch on mate..
i had a chat to a few of ur boys after our game and they all said wingy wasnt being dirty he was just hard, even nazz said that and they were at it all day...
u just worry about stoping him come finals coz i can garentee he will come out even harder just for u..

must just add that ur half time speech telling ur boys to knock wingy out worked a treat pffffffttt
great response from ur mob, most the boys a mates with him u actually thought that was gonna happen?

man every team in the wrfl div1 or div 2 would love to have wingy, he plays with passion and heart
as for u saying he doesnt put his head over the ball is a joke and u know it, the man can play and he aint scared of putting his head over it..

and for all the districs guys having a sook about sat, wingy cleaned up 2 guys if he was being so dirty y didnt any 1 have a crack? says heaps about ur mob.. u oviosly didnt see number 4 and 16 throwing cheapies all day, must add they got a few back, after picking on the younger blokes..
if footys to hard for u boys go play netball or even better just stop having a sook..:thumbsu:

Williams copped 2 weeks last night & Prior got 3 for non attendance

Williams copped 2 weeks last night & Prior got 3 for non attendance

Yeah Williams has until 2pm today to appeal (keep you all posted!). Fact that is was considered a melee hurt his chances of being cleared.

Good effort by Prior to not even show or provide a letter/reason why for non-attendance.

Yeah Williams has until 2pm today to appeal (keep you all posted!). Fact that is was considered a melee hurt his chances of being cleared.

Good effort by Prior to not even show or provide a letter/reason why for non-attendance.

mellee........hahahaha i consider a melee an all inner........maximum 5 or 6 in the scuffle......thats what i would call it.......

anyway im tipping he will get off..........

Coming into the last round what are peoples tips for this week and what will the final ladder positions be ????:thumbsu:

Coming into the last round what are peoples tips for this week and what will the final ladder positions be ????:thumbsu:

Mint does the same thing! :) Asks a question on the forum without providing an opinion first.

The ladder 5 will end up;

North Footscray
Sunshine Heights
Albanvale
Parkside
Coburg Districts

Deer Park and Braybrook will miss out. Heights will pump Deer Park and Coburg Districts are playing at home so should beat Braybrook.

Parkside will boost their percentage against North Sunshine which will push them into 4th.

North Footscray will massacre the Falcons, which allow them to remain in top spot over Heights on percentage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back