WRFL Div. 2 Season 2008 and Beyond

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
must just add that ur half time speech telling ur boys to knock wingy out worked a treat pffffffttt
great response from ur mob, most the boys a mates with him u actually thought that was gonna happen?

man every team in the wrfl div1 or div 2 would love to have wingy, he plays with passion and heart
as for u saying he doesnt put his head over the ball is a joke and u know it, the man can play and he aint scared of putting his head over it..

and for all the districs guys having a sook about sat, wingy cleaned up 2 guys if he was being so dirty y didnt any 1 have a crack? says heaps about ur mob.. u oviosly didnt see number 4 and 16 throwing cheapies all day, must add they got a few back, after picking on the younger blokes..
if footys to hard for u boys go play netball or even better just stop having a sook..:thumbsu:

Fair point, by what im reading he's seems to have a crack good on him. Maybe you can try to recruit him TD. You'll need some of that in div 1 if you get up there

Mint does the same thing! :) Asks a question on the forum without providing an opinion first.

The ladder 5 will end up;

North Footscray
Sunshine Heights
Albanvale
Parkside
Coburg Districts

Deer Park and Braybrook will miss out. Heights will pump Deer Park and Coburg Districts are playing at home so should beat Braybrook.

Parkside will boost their percentage against North Sunshine which will push them into 4th.

North Footscray will massacre the Falcons, which allow them to remain in top spot over Heights on percentage.

Well all us good looking roosters stick together !!:thumbsu::D

And i think your answer is pretty spot on Red devil ..

Districts at home should win and Parkside will thump Nth Sunshine to jump into 4th !:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Mint does the same thing! :) Asks a question on the forum without providing an opinion first.

The ladder 5 will end up;

North Footscray
Sunshine Heights
Albanvale
Parkside
Coburg Districts

Deer Park and Braybrook will miss out. Heights will pump Deer Park and Coburg Districts are playing at home so should beat Braybrook.

Parkside will boost their percentage against North Sunshine which will push them into 4th.

North Footscray will massacre the Falcons, which allow them to remain in top spot over Heights on percentage.

never the less its all comming down to the last round which is fantastic for div 2.........top 2 can change albanvale get the double chance which they deserve.........bottom 5 are all in it to win it............every body will be waiting for the final score's to come through via sms........

good luck to all teams having a crack to earn their rightfull spot in the top 5..........

i think it comes down to if we beat deer park and ciburg beat braybrook (which should be a monty) then coburg 3rd deer park 4th heights 5th

if deer park win they will finish 3rd and play the cobras first week and coburg will play us.
so its gona come down to our game to shape the 5 weapons hows ur team looking? what did they decide down on ballarat rd last night? do they give the 1s one last crack at an upset win and make finals? OR drop the necessary players in the 2s to qualify them for the finals?

u gona play on the weakest forward again? or r u gona test ur skills against a decent opponent and c how much u run off and create then?

played on some decent players last week.......and did ok ask dekkaroo..........1.1 he kicked........i would say just ok.........

and at the end of the day i know i am going to get it no matter who im playing on it only matters how smart they are and where they want to run.......lead wide to the pockets no drama's kick it to my oponent i bet ill be around the next kick though...........

end of the day we need to win to stay 3rd with double chance so big stakes up for grabs.........last time we played u guys i played on 3 or 4 players robbo was 1 in the last 1/4 i played on him..........yer i like to take the lesser type player so i can go about my buisness the last 3 or 4 weeks has been about manning up and being tight cause finals u just have too.........so my footskills and going in hard has to count when it matters..........

end of the day we want 2 teams in the finals and 7 blokes who have already qualified for the 2's will be playing one's........end of story.........there has been 7 changes to the side this week in the 2's and still without 8 of our better players which will come back 1st round of finals........getting to training training hard only matters now the blokes who dont will miss out the blokes who do will make the difference................

good luck tmozz..........

played on some decent players last week.......and did ok ask dekkaroo..........1.1 he kicked........i would say just ok.........

and at the end of the day i know i am going to get it no matter who im playing on it only matters how smart they are and where they want to run.......lead wide to the pockets no drama's kick it to my oponent i bet ill be around the next kick though...........

end of the day we need to win to stay 3rd with double chance so big stakes up for grabs.........last time we played u guys i played on 3 or 4 players robbo was 1 in the last 1/4 i played on him..........yer i like to take the lesser type player so i can go about my buisness the last 3 or 4 weeks has been about manning up and being tight cause finals u just have too.........so my footskills and going in hard has to count when it matters..........

end of the day we want 2 teams in the finals and 7 blokes who have already qualified for the 2's will be playing one's........end of story.........there has been 7 changes to the side this week in the 2's and still without 8 of our better players which will come back 1st round of finals........getting to training training hard only matters now the blokes who dont will miss out the blokes who do will make the difference................

good luck tmozz..........

Hows Kingy going Weapons?????

yer has played the last couple in the one's......after some good form in the 2's......will be back with me next week if all goes well......
sometimes a bit over the top but seems to be a good bloke.........

Hows Kingy going Weapons?????

Went and had a look at this Kingy bloke today. Looked like a good player.

Tagged M Nicoladies in the first half and kept him to 23 posessions and 2 goals while gathering 3 posessions of his own.

In the 2nd half he moved to the half back line into an attacking role. He mopped up well collecting 3 kicks and 1 hanball for the half while opponents Weston and Demetriou collecting about 10 each in the time they were on him.

For the day I would say he ended with 4 kicks and 2 hanballs against his opponents 43 posessions.:thumbsu::thumbsu:

Bet the Colts are spewing they let him go:mad:

Congrats on the Devils finishing on top in seniors and reserves. Yes bitches I know there is a long way to go, but great effort all the same.

First time we have finished on top since we got relegated about 15 years ago.

Priscilla function tonight (no gay jokes please). Get there and have some fun!

Good season by Western Magpies

After winning about 4 games in the previous 3 seasons the club has turned it around and won 8 games this season, if anyone had said at the start of the season that the maggies wouldve beaten Albanvale, Coburg and Braybrook i wouldve laughed.

The club will capitalise next season and make the top 5

great win by our 2s yesterday with a depleted team in yesterday about 6 or 7 to come in for this week. and deer park again for the second week in a row.

thoughts go out for young dereck vella who snapped his leg yesterday.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A Disappointing End for Braybrook!!

Braybrook blew their last chance yesterday against Coburg Districts to make the final five losing to Coburg Districts (Braybrook 11.6-72 Coburg Districts 12.24-96). Braybrook had their chances, only trailing by a few points in the last change, but some undisciplined actions by Braybrook saw them with only 17 men on the ground in the last quarter. On top of that both ruckman for Braybrook were off with injuries. Coburg inevitably powered away in the last term to secure their spot in the top five. Danny Kelly, the senior coach of Braybrook announced his retirement in an emotional fashion after the game. After 3 years as coach had failed to get his team into the finals, but will be remembered for turning the club around and its culture which had been killing the club up into then. Gavin Taylor, experienced Senior Coach with 2 Division Two Premierships in his CB is tipped to replace Danny Kelly as Senior Coach next year, after being the 18’s coach and assistant coach to Danny this year.

Re: A Disappointing End for Braybrook!!

anybody here the draw for the finals?
i heard saturday @ Altona
reserves:
Deer Park V Sunshine Heights
seniors
Sunshine Heights v Albanvale
Sunday @ Altona
2:Albanvale V Coburg
1:parkside V Coburg

anybody confirm and maybe explain y officially?

id imagine that by playing this way it would make heights and coburg happy and anger the cobras and vice versa if it were played the way it should be. the league probably trying to keep the majority happy

The word going around was that if Danny didn't make the finals this year, he wouldn't be renewed. On top of that there were a few players who thought that Danny wasn't the right coach to take them forward. But he has worked a miracle to turn the club around and get some quality players to the club and turn the culture around. In his first year, he turned over 46 players. He's laid down the foundation for Braybrook to win a Div 2 Premiereship and hopefully in a few years they get back into 1st Div.

reserves:
seniors
Sunday @ Altona

id imagine that by playing this way it would make heights and coburg happy and anger the cobras and vice versa if it were played the way it should be. the league probably trying to keep the majority happy

yer mate too good for us.........very good game of ressies footy with lots of eb's and flow's..........all the best to the bloke with the crook leg...........all elim finals are on sunday's and will be played at werribee........i thought tagging the back pocket would lose you guys the game with out scoring a goal in the first and third 1/4's we did our job but also we couldnt capatalise on that up the other end so a very dissapointed group of players........but looking ahead another big game next week..........

u call it tagging i call it manning up a player that likes to be loose, but either way boxy turned u inside out weapons.

about the elim finals i know the senior elim final is on sun but ive heard from both the league and the cobras that our 2s game will be played on the saturday. cobras r stiff

reserves:
seniors
Sunday @ Altona

what a joke mate, y wouldnt u just play both elim finals on the sunday? got me stuffed this league is a dead set joke run bye tossers... i feel for the 2nds when it comes to finals, you get proper umpires and stuff u have get away doing all year u get pinned for, gota be hard to adjust..

about time this hack of a league starts getting fair denkem...
anyways looking foward to this w/e
good luck to all
come on the cobrassssssssssssss:thumbsu:

cant say im complaining but i can inderstand ur plight karim.....

should be a cracker of a game in the 1s who r non biased ppl tippin for the weekend?
2s: cobras will smash the districts
obviously us 2 beat parkers

1s: coburg just over parkside
and again us over cobras

cant say im complaining but i can inderstand ur plight karim.....

Yeah i agree with you Karim, the leauge have taken no time to organize div 2 finals and they probably couldnt care less about them to start with.

So I have decided to hand out some awards now the Home and Away season has come to a close.... here they are :

Most Improved Team : Western Magpies - Without a doubt the most improved club especially with a win over albanvale in the last round
Most Improved Club : Western Magpies - Seem to have got their stuff together down there. lets hope they can continue
Best Facilities : Parkside - I wish all away games could have facilites like that
Worst Facilites : Deer Parks Old Rooms - Thank god we never have to go into them again and Wyndhamvale - At least we had a toilet in Deer Parks old rooms..
Best Canteen : North Footsray - Best spread in the wrfl at a roller door window. one of the only reasons reddevil1 hangs around! haha
Worst Surface : Albanvale - no matter what they do there they just cant get it right. although it is better than previous years.
Best Surface : (not taking into account the ridiculous dips in the ground and the 45 meter absail from the cricket pitch to the goals)
North Sunshine. Dont know what it was like when everyone else played there but it was lush and green when we did. Nice ground
Honorable metion goes to Parkside
Leauge Medal : Kennedy (western magpies) - It is easy to get noticed when you 7"3 and have a nude nut - but a good player also
Worst Supporters : Deer Park - some of your supporters (i must admit dont look like current players) are a classic example of why cousins shouldnt marry.

These are just a few, please feel free to add to them !! :thumbsu::thumbsu:

Il have a go at this

Most Improved Team : Western Magpies - Without a doubt the most improved club especially with a win over albanvale in the last round (AGREED)
Most Improved Club : Western Magpies - Seem to have got their stuff together down there. lets hope they can continue (AGREED, Just need to rebuild junior teams)
Best Facilities : Parkside - I wish all away games could have facilites like that
Worst Facilites : Deer Parks Old Rooms - Thank god we never have to go into them again and Wyndhamvale - At least we had a toilet in Deer Parks old rooms.. (DEER PARKS old rooms by far but yeh Wyndhamvale arent too flash either)
Best Canteen : North Footsray - Best spread in the wrfl at a roller door window. one of the only reasons reddevil1 hangs around! haha (Cant say ive been too many canteens this year)
Worst Surface : Albanvale - no matter what they do there they just cant get it right. although it is better than previous years. (Wyndhamvale has the worst surface IMO)
Best Surface : (not taking into account the ridiculous dips in the ground and the 45 meter absail from the cricket pitch to the goals)
North Sunshine. Dont know what it was like when everyone else played there but it was lush and green when we did. Nice ground
Honorable metion goes to Parkside (You could say a few ground including North Footscray have a good surface)
Leauge Medal : Kennedy (western magpies) - It is easy to get noticed when you 7"3 and have a nude nut - but a good player also (Will shit it in)
Worst Supporters : ??? I really cant say any1, every team has its idiot supporters

There are mine.. Kennedy will win the bnf easy, also lavo will struggle to keep him but they will keep him for 2009 :thumbsu::thumbsu:

The word going around was that if Danny didn't make the finals this year, he wouldn't be renewed. On top of that there were a few players who thought that Danny wasn't the right coach to take them forward. But he has worked a miracle to turn the club around and get some quality players to the club and turn the culture around. In his first year, he turned over 46 players. He's laid down the foundation for Braybrook to win a Div 2 Premiereship and hopefully in a few years they get back into 1st Div.

Great coach d.k snr is...not sure what his replacement is like but will be a loss to braybrook... typewriter time to get to work for next year sign him up

if that were true they have got to be kidding themselves. i just hope for dannys sake the new coaching staff dont let the idiots back into the club. he has worked hard over the past 3 years to lift the club to the brink of finals again. he is a great clubman and from what i believe still runs around with his side on the training track (barring injury) who does that any more?

and Rod if he were interested he would be an asset to sunshine heights, i know all the young blokes respect him immensely

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back