WRFL Division 2 - 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Them and 15 other clubs at this time of year. If clubs are graded for the following year by 'what they have signed' in September, every club would be in Div 1. Where's the money coming from for these players, the Juniors ?
personally i think they should be putting that back into the guys they have got now or getting an under 18's team going.

very well played by glen orden boys. Too strong for majority of the game but also well done to the parkside boys for their efforts hopefully better luck next year.

Opinions on team of the year?

Team of the year looks ok. Oh wait, a midfielder under 6 feet tall is in the ruck.

As for the all the divisions talk, what's wrong with a 10/8/6 split (with Division 3 forming midseason after everyone has played each other once), Werribee going straight into Division 1 for North Footscray, and Glenorden staying down? I don't think any of those 3 clubs would be too upset at that. Yarraville, Albion etc. get to stay up and the clubs that stay in Division 2 post-split will be there on merit alone, as they should be.

A six team Division 3 isn't perfect, but it avoids a bye and gives the likes of North Sunshine and Laverton greater opportunity to be competitive and rebuild

Mar
Don't think you will be right.

Werribee will be div 1.
Glen Orden won't go up
If port colts stay, does that put Albion in div 2? Imagine the squealing that will accompany that.
Sanctuary lakes have stated they won't play div 3.

Looks to me that the WRFL hasn't done due diligence again. Tregear and his fish eyed followers better get out to all these clubs and sell the dream.

Could implode.

Imagine all these disgruntled clubs march.

SL, port colts, Albion, lavo etc

March where exactly? Do you think that the EDFL, WRFL, RDFL, and VAFA don't talk to one another.
Exactly what option do you think they will have, dictate to EDFL and say they want to play div 1 as technically EDFL Div 2 is their third division anyway or go play VAFA, in D Section or worse or go to RDFL and get flogged every week or for Port Colts, they could speak with the SFL, but again, they would start in Div 2...

If Tregear says its Div 3, and your in it, guess what? YOUR IN IT.

Just heard a rumour that Paul Growcott has got the Caroline Springs senior job next season.
He will serve with Marty Weaver as Reserves and Gus Leon as Under 18's..

Congrats to Paul. Good luck to the Lakers next season.

Given that the Ressies and Under 18 coaches were announced after the last game, INSFA, what input did you have into the appointment of the Senior Coach?

My understanding is that the decision was made before the interviews were conducted, so what does tell you about your position?

More importantly, is the new Coach happy to have you under him?

Given that the Ressies and Under 18 coaches were announced after the last game, INSFA, what input did you have into the appointment of the Senior Coach?

My understanding is that the decision was made before the interviews were conducted, so what does tell you about your position?

More importantly, is the new Coach happy to have you under him?

I wouldn't have thought any decisions were made prior to interviews. From what i hear, there was some great interviews and presentations. Alan Wood was the man that told me that and the decision wasnt an easy one. So to suggest that the decision was made prior to applicants and interviews, i think your dead wrong.
And if you are suggesting I had anything to do with his appointment, amd that i am now some part of the coaching staff or committee, you clearly have me mistaken for the wrong person.

Also saw this, alcohol would of been a heavy contributor! Never less, he and others were dropped poorly by the club for guys who won't be seen their ever again, now they will have to live with losing 4 players who would of possibly stayed for life! The sad thing is, the afl players didn't even life up to expectation both average nothing short of stealing blokes positions who have been there all year, poor form from the club and coach

Poor form.... Best team available has to be picked..... The way i look at it every player that played during the year in go's 1sts were apart of that premiership.... Some blokes are effin sooks.... I wouldnt want them back at the club anyways!!!

Poor form.... Best team available has to be picked..... The way i look at it every player that played during the year in go's 1sts were apart of that premiership.... Some blokes are effin sooks.... I wouldnt want them back at the club anyways!!!

so Andy Lovett going to be in DP premiership photo ? you don't play your not part of it

Just heard a rumour that Paul Growcott has got the Caroline Springs senior job next season.
He will serve with Marty Weaver as Reserves and Gus Leon as Under 18's..

Congrats to Paul. Good luck to the Lakers next season.

Jeez some Big names there,rumours have it definitely 3divi coming in with some clubs throwing money around ie Sharks,brookers,to bridge the cap

Jeez some Big names there,rumours have it definitely 3divi coming in with some clubs throwing money around ie Sharks,brookers,to bridge the cap

They will need plenty of money as it will be hard to lure any decent p,ayers when they are scraping the bottom of he Div 3 barrel. The only gap they will bridge is the missing teeth from their supporters mouths.

So if the WRFL goes to 3 divisions, the sharks will be in it. But they have said that they will pull the side out if they are. Must be difficult to sign blokes with that over the head.

Recruiting for a side that may not exist!

After reading that, I am tipping that a few clubs would be into Allen, lampi x 2 etc.

That would make it tough!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So if the WRFL goes to 3 divisions, the sharks will be in it. But they have said that they will pull the side out if they are. Must be difficult to sign blokes with that over the head.

Recruiting for a side that may not exist!

After reading that, I am tipping that a few clubs would be into Allen, lampi x 2 etc.

That would make it tough!

All this doomsday talk about div 3 is laughable

Div three was great for the edfl this year some quality players running around for div 3 clubs including o'hailpin koulorioutos brothers young madden at east Keillor Michael tanner and johnno o'brien at Moonee valley all guys that have or could play at a higher level

Div three clubs will attract guys that are still senior quality that either can't or won't commit to the standard of div 2 due to work or inability to commit to training

Some guys will be at the end of their career looking to play in a flag before they retire at a lower level

And some guys will want to be the big fish in the small pond

And some guys will go to div three for senior opportunities

Also if the money is right... Clubs won't find it hard to recruit guys who are motivated by coin

If sanctuary lakes are good enough and they seem to think are are... Div 3 shouldn't be a concern

any club that finds themselves in div three will deserve to be there

I agree with you.
My point has nothing to do with the standard.

You have a club on here saying they won't field a side if they are in division 3, and others saying they are recruiting heaps.

That's an impossible place to be.

And rumour has it that some big names will be returning to Town Centre Oval for season 2014 now that you are no longer at the helm ISS. New coach, New club, New beginnings.

Sorry MM, I didn't make it to the meeting.
Were you there? If so, how did the new coach speak? I'm curious to know.
I am looking forward to playing under him next season.

Your looking into things a bit too much. I really enjoyed playing under Gaz for the past two seasons, but he knows as well as the rest of us, it was time for change. I think the club is only getting stronger....

I was there, but I did not miss you INSFA and it was good to hear from Gaz without negative influences.

Given your previous posts maybe you should change your name to Mattress, you have been underneath everyone.
Be interesting to see how you perform next year without the benefit of solid support, perhaps you could change your jockstrap.
Hope Growie knows that he is only as good as the people behind him, and most of them are pushing him forward for their own agendas.

Stay in the shadows INSFA, because it suits your skill set.

I was at the meeting last night and Smackers spoke very well.
Growie also spoke very well.

Thanks to Smackers for his support for last season.
As I mentioned last night, exciting times ahead.
I don't think Smackers deserves any of this barrage on here from whoever you are Iknowsweetfa, but if you are a member of Caroline Springs, do us all a favour and stop this crap.
Thanks to people like Smackers and Dean, we have a great culture at our club and we are well liked. Being involved with plenty of footy clubs myself in the past, it's almost impossible to find this in a footy club, and to already have the foundations right from being in the comp for 3 years, is a credit to those that contributed, and the biggest contributors in my book is Smackers, Dean and Terry.

And much to a few comments earlier on, I am comfortable with my appointment of being Reserves Coach again for next season. I am 100% confident that I will have the full support behind me again next year from Growie, the same as I did this year from Smackers.

For those that care, preseason starts on Monday November 11th at the Lake in Caroline Springs at 5.30pm for a 6.00pm start.

Wins his flag and takes off? What's with that? Thought he was building over time! Not gonna help the club the flag will be forgotten

Remove this Banner Ad

WRFL Division 2 - 2013

Remove this Banner Ad

Back