WRFL Division 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cam Saliba has signed along with dave innella bobby evans and a few other blokes from central altona and anakie in the GDFL Dave Innella and Stevie Lane are going to be hard to stop next year.

They would have to be favourites for next year without doubt.
My Ladder
West Footscray
Sunny Heights
Albanvale
Deer Park
North Footscray
Wyndham Vale
Braybrook
Coburg
Nth Sunshine
Gladstone Park
Western Magpies
Central Altona?????
Brunswick Power?????

Also can anyone confirm if its going to be top 5 or 8 this year?

I reckon thats about the best pre season prediction on here.... Ur the man Bob:thumbsu:

For an outside of a club, its very hard to nominate who might win. For spectators and players, you might only get to see the talent of opposition players once or twice a season. I guess thats why we always throw up name of people who are at the clubs we follow, as we see them play week in week out.

I think the question that needed to be asked is... "From your club, name a few of your better players who you believe may be in with a chance to take out this years league medal??".

That way we will end up with a list of better players from each club and I am sure a lot more discussion will come out of a few name that are put forward.

I'll begin with a few from North.

Ian "Scratcher" Allen... always in the play and stands out like dogs knacker. Racks up the possessions like no tomorrow.
A smokey might be Ross Hedley.... Old fella that may catch the eye of the umps and never misses a target.
Lastly Scott Elderidge.... has been our Best Forward all year and wil get a few votes, however I only think he is a chance for a top 10 finish.

I would have thrown Phillips in there for sure, but he missed plenty of footy early.

For an outside of a club, its very hard to nominate who might win. For spectator (and players), you might only get to see the talent of opposition players one or twice a season. I guess that why we always throw up name of people who are at the clubs we follow, as we see them play week in week out.

I think the question that needed to be asked is... "from your club, name a few of your better players who you believe may be in with a chance to take out this years league medal".

That way we will end up with a list of better players from each club and I am sure a lot more discussion will come out of a few name that are put forward.

Ian "Scratcher" Allen... always in the play and stands out like dogs knacker. Racks up the possessions like no tomorrow.
A smokey might be Ross Hedley.... Old fella that may catch the eye of the umps and never misses a target.
Lastly Scott Elderidge.... has been our Best Forward all year and wil get a few votes, however I only think he is a chance for a top 10 finish.

I would have thrown Phillips in there for sure, but he missed plenty of footy early.
thought in mind as well, that stuart devlin will be up there as well========has plenty of touch and the disposal is second to none (like in his hayday ways)...scotty eldridge just improves everyweek and could become a superstar, just like these heights players in years to come========lets here from these other clubs.

lets move on from this 1..........

Agree....from District's point of view it left a bad taste to the end of the season - something any other team in the same position would be feeling -but whats done is done.

Good luck to all the teams in the finals may the best team prevail and more inportantly may the team that does prevail be in a position to go to 1st Division and survive.[/quote]

well said i spose we will see you next year:thumbsu:

BOY YOU D/P BOYS ARE EASILY PLEASED AND BIG ON FACTS BUT DONT ACTUALLY LISTEN TO THEM WELL....HERE ARE A COUPLE OF REAL FACTS FOR YOU TO DIGEST #1 THE COACH NEVER EVER SAID THAT DISTRICTS WERE BETTER THAN D/PARK ....#2 THE POINTS & PERCENTAGE ACTUALLY SAYS THEY ARE..... #3 PUT YOURSELF IN THIER SHOES AND TELL ME HOW YOU WOULD FEEL. NO MATTER HOW YOU LOOK AT IT THE FINAL 5 THIS YEAR IS A TOTAL FARCE AND HAD THE GAME BEEN CALLED OFF DIDNT AFFECT THE FINAL 5 WHO WOULD CARE BUT IT HAS CAUSED AN UNEVEN AND VERY UNSAVOURY END TO THE SEASON FACE THAT FACT AT LEAST

are you the coach????

i never said deer park were better than the districts.........
ive said before i would be shattered BUT i wouldnt have started all this mumble jumble that doesnt really matter.........

now if it was a top 8 youd be happy and looking to go into the second week........maybe it should have stayed the same.....after all it is div 2...

the sen thing was played again tonight with kevin hellier speaking out for the WRFL........he said the ground was unsafe to play and it was an agreement between west coach the deer park coach and the umpire's not to play........

the medal.........

bunworth from wyndamvale is always in the best........
mallia and greto will poll well maybe might take votes away from each other.....
i believe some 1 from the bottom 1/2 of the ladder will win it ...........who i couldnt tell you....

the sen thing was played again tonight with kevin hellier speaking out for the WRFL........he said the ground was unsafe to play and it was an agreement between west coach the deer park coach and the umpire's not to play........
crap=====it all just fitted all into place for both teams:confused:

the medal.........

mallia and greto will poll well maybe might take votes away from each other.....
i believe some 1 from the bottom 1/2 of the ladder will win it ...........who i couldnt tell you....
might be on the money there weapons:thumbsu:======but teams need to win a couple of games to actually attract the votes,wont be good if u get beat by a fair margin.wont be getting votes on those games.

For an outside of a club, its very hard to nominate who might win. For spectators and players, you might only get to see the talent of opposition players once or twice a season. I guess thats why we always throw up name of people who are at the clubs we follow, as we see them play week in week out.

I think the question that needed to be asked is... "From your club, name a few of your better players who you believe may be in with a chance to take out this years league medal??".

come on mate you forgot the turtle!! not happy hahahaha

the medal.........

Disagree there Weapons - believe you need to win your fair share of games to poll so I think the winner will come from a finals side. The guys I thought who played well against Districts and will poll well include:

Mallia from Heights
Blyth from Deer Park
Karim from Albanvale
Kadour & McGhee from West - though having played 2 less games won't help
Districts best hope for a top ten finish would be Joe Cali

have you ever played first division?????i would think not.........

you have your opinion i have mine so you settle down........

how are you coming along????

Spent last night at the pools, hoping to train thursday and if i get through that i will play sunday. chances are i will be at an a grade club next year and look foward to it.

are you the coach????

i never said deer park were better than the districts.........
ive said before i would be shattered BUT i wouldnt have started all this mumble jumble that doesnt really matter.........

now if it was a top 8 youd be happy and looking to go into the second week........maybe it should have stayed the same.....after all it is div 2...

Weapons let me try to explain this one more time. On the day D/Park & W/Foots did not play because of the ground being unsafe these unusual things happened.....#1 reserves & u/18s both played on said unsafe ground......#2 that game is the only game in the state of victoria that was not played.....#3 only 2 teams in the comp benefit out of the outcome guess who.???.....and last but most importantly the comp officials would have known that the outcome of this farce was going to shape the finals 3 weeks before the end of the season so THEY really need to have a good look at themselves.Mate i hope u beat albanvale for brownie he's a great bloke.Last time you will hear a whinge from me about it but mate as you could imagine still really pissed off at districts. GOOD LUCK:thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That could be reality and west may have to go on without him but let's hope he can get back and hopefully play in the GF (and hopefully a premiership!!!!) with his son Jamie, that would be a great way for a champ like laney to go out.

The thing for west they do have other options as you said with innella, west still have jamie lane, chicky and evans who can do some damage in the forward line.

Don't tell me he is going to retire again. He started retiring in 2001.

Yes you do have good players but they are not the same as the number 1 forward in the comp over the last 3 years. They were playing anyway so without Laney they can't cover because they were already there. Like I said play it down all you like but it's a devastating blow to West as he kicks around 25 % of your goals and the structure is built around him and the way he plays.

Not much action on here today... RedDevil are you hiding?

Just been busy at work GB50.

Couple of issues;

Laney won't be missed if Innella can kick his 3-4 goals per final and provide somewhat of a contest. Laney provides nothing other than goals. Realise that sounds silly but if Innella is in reasonable shape, then with a decent team he can still kick the necessary goals. It is not like Laney takes contested marks, tackles or gives goals off.

Mallia looks likely to be a hot favourite for the medal. McGhie would have to close from West.

Bit more even down at the Devils. We don't really have that many stars of note.

My mail tells me that Mr Lane is preparing himself for next season.

I can guarentee that he will play for either Heights or West , which ever of the two that do not win the flag.

My tip for the medal what ever the name is is N Mallia or ......a hang out from North footscay.

Bomber to be named coach of the league by the WRFL, Heights to win the flag and merge with Deer Park and enter Div I.

I can guarentee that he will play for either Heights or West , which ever of the two that do not win the flag.

My tip for the medal what ever the name is is N Mallia or ......a hang out from North footscay.

Bomber to be named coach of the league by the WRFL, Heights to win the flag and merge with Deer Park and enter Div I.

your right about about a merger but not with heights.....they wish.......will be interesting to hear the 5 year buisness plan put together by the incoming president...........had a little chat with him on sat and it sounds great..........we will have to wait n see..........

go the parkers...........

Weapons let me try to explain this one more time. On the day D/Park & W/Foots did not play because of the ground being unsafe these unusual things happened.....#1 reserves & u/18s both played on said unsafe ground......#2 that game is the only game in the state of victoria that was not played.....#3 only 2 teams in the comp benefit out of the outcome guess who.???.....and last but most importantly the comp officials would have known that the outcome of this farce was going to shape the finals 3 weeks before the end of the season so THEY really need to have a good look at themselves.Mate i hope u beat albanvale for brownie he's a great bloke.Last time you will hear a whinge from me about it but mate as you could imagine still really pissed off at districts. GOOD LUCK:thumbsu:

yes BROWNIE is a good bloke and if his body is right could be 1 of the differences on the week end.........

your right about about a merger but not with heights.....they wish.......will be interesting to hear the 5 year buisness plan put together by the incoming president...........had a little chat with him on sat and it sounds great..........we will have to wait n see..........

go the parkers...........

McGoldrick would make a good President and Jamie Madigan coach, what do you think? Don't think you will merge with anyone.

By the way weapons when did UDL's come back in fashion. Probably have chico rolls in the canteen. lol

I was reading your post thinking how smarts this guy til I read the bit about the merger.

1st Mallia 10 votes clear.... end of story

then....

Nicolaides, Mcghie, Hardaway

And the winner is..........Stuart Devlin from North Footscray.
He is 5 times the player that McGhee, Mallia, Nicholidis or Gretto.
He has had an outstanding year and while all you Heights guys talk about your starts how many of them were drafted to the AFL??? none, they didnt even get a sniff. This guy was a top 10 AFL draft pick in the day kinda makes your guys look like very average players indeed.

DekkaRoo what about Stuart Devlin.............hes had a heap better season than the others mentioned

DekkaRoo what about Stuart Devlin.............hes had a heap better season than the others mentioned

Devlin has had a top season but his first game wasn't until West Footscray. Is now in his 30's so not sure if he is at the level of the likes of Mallia, Gretto, Nicholaides cousins etc....or Bomber, the Jesus lookalike with the pony tail, Camma, Faisel etc...:thumbsu:

Devlin has had a top season but his first game wasn't until West Footscray. Is now in his 30's so not sure if he is at the level of the likes of Mallia, Gretto, Nicholaides cousins etc....or Bomber, the Jesus lookalike with the pony tail, Camma, Faisel etc...:thumbsu:

He would probably squeeze into a back pocket at Heights :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back