WRFL Division 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't really care what you pay just find it ammusing a Ruckman that has only played at Central and has no real achievements to note can be paid more than a guy that has kicked 100 goals 4 times.

C'mon TD, we all know Laney is over rated and he only kicks goals against the bottom sides. He gets spoon fed from the magnificent delivery from up field :rolleyes: .

How do you know for certain who gets what?

a) When you chased MJ he talked up his price to get more out of Heights?
b) You're Laney's agent trying to secure a better deal?
c) Someone is filling you with dribble to make you look bad?
d) You're guessing and will post anything to hang it on West or Deer Park?

Facts are guys will get paid. If you're so concerned about it, go to the Ammos - no one gets paid there :rolleyes: !

West on a bus trip up the highway next week to play Buninyong. Should be an interesting card game on the way back - what with all the money we've got.

C'mon TD, we all know Laney is over rated and he only kicks goals against the bottom sides. He gets spoon fed from the magnificent delivery from up field :rolleyes: .

Facts are guys will get paid. If you're so concerned about it, go to the Ammos - no one gets paid there :rolleyes: !

West on a bus trip up the highway next week to play Buninyong. Should be an interesting card game on the way back - what with all the money we've got.

I'm not concerned about money it actually bores me too, just like stir West a bit. And yes you have great supporters, racist, beer drinking yobbo's. Don't say boo in the first half then full of the beer courage after half time. I must say they lay a few good shepherds along the wing there when the play gets close.

In answer to the above. The first three are wrong becaue:

a) Chased is past tense. Also there is no price at Heights.

b) Not his agent I work at the old age home he lives in.

c) No. Couldn't think of anything else to type here.

d) you are probably right.

Redda (MJ), very good ruck men that played at centrals last year. Gave central midfielders first use of the footy, seen him a few days ago, he is a big unit. Teams have to watch out for big redda this year. Innela only chases the cash, no good for the team, one more suspension and he is finished.

hey boys any one heard of james daffy? meant to be a champion was injuried last year but will run around for wyndamvale a mate of cooks look out if he gets a clearance boys? they must be spending the big bucks down there this year!!

I'm not concerned about money it actually bores me too, just like stir West a bit. And yes you have great supporters, racist, beer drinking yobbo's. Don't say boo in the first half then full of the beer courage after half time. I must say they lay a few good shepherds along the wing there when the play gets close.

In answer to the above. The first three are wrong becaue:

a) Chased is past tense. Also there is no price at Heights.

b) Not his agent I work at the old age home he lives in.

c) No. Couldn't think of anything else to type here.

d) you are probably right.

Gold. Hope your reading this Steve, cup of cocoa in one hand, blanket over the legs.

Red Devil..... How is your forward line shaping up... that was your problem last year... could not seem to kick enough goals against good opposition.. Lucas looks good and will probably be better this year but thats about it. Matt Young might help but I hear he isn't the keenest trainer going around.

Fair point about the devils forwardline goes bang. I guess time will tell, but this will be Lucas' 2nd year out of u/18's so we are definitely hoping for improvement. He is a big kid who definitely showed ability in patches last year.

Not sure about CHF as yet, JBarry will probably play in pocket and we will have a few others to rotate through there.

Matt Young has been in Thailand, but was back at training on Wednesday night. You salivate when you see him train, but not sure what role he will play and how good he is.

Scotty Eldridge will kick goals this year and we have couple of handy u'18 small forwards.

Fair point about the devils forwardline goes bang. I guess time will tell, but this will be Lucas' 2nd year out of u/18's so we are definitely hoping for improvement. He is a big kid who definitely showed ability in patches last year.

Not sure about CHF as yet, JBarry will probably play in pocket and we will have a few others to rotate through there.

Matt Young has been in Thailand, but was back at training on Wednesday night. You salivate when you see him train, but not sure what role he will play and how good he is.

Scotty Eldridge will kick goals this year and we have couple of handy u'18 small forwards.

How old is J Barry? If it is the same bloke, I remember him as a gun FF playing for the now defunct West Newport.

Not so sure about that. I couldn't imagine all these ex-AFL players playing in the A section for nothing.

How old is J Barry? If it is the same bloke, I remember him as a gun FF playing for the now defunct West Newport.

Jack Barry is 35 not out. It is the same guy, but the spring has gone from the legs and the temples have somewhat greyed. Doesn't have the same impact in terms of possessions as he used to, but is still good for a few goals (except against Heights where apparently TD reckons that Hinge has his measure).

Guys, lets take a leaf out of the division 1 thread and lets start talking footy.

My predicitions for the year ahead

West Footscray,with a forward line with that quality would have to be fav
North Footscray
Deer Park
Wyndamvale
Sunshine Heights
Albanvale
Braybrook ( full season from Pearce will help, could be a suprise this year )
North Sunshine (Stafferi will dominate divison 2 but lack quality midfield)
Coburg Districts
Gladstone Park
Western Magpies
Brunswick Power

This should cause some discussion

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Guys, lets take a leaf out of the division 1 thread and lets start talking footy.

North Footscray
Deer Park
Wyndamvale
Sunshine Heights
Albanvale
Coburg Districts
Gladstone Park
Western Magpies
Brunswick Power

Good predictions there although I would put Nth under Albanvale and Heights above Wyndhamvale with Nth and Wyndhamvale fighting for the same spot.

Is a really interesting season looming in A2's as any of the top 4 or 5 have a chance depending on a bit of luck and good form at the business end of the season.

Any practice match updates.

Heights yesterday played Westbourne with only 8 of the Heights team having played last year in the seniors. Heights won by a few goals with some good signs from the new players as well as the form of the established players. The solid pre season for some has paid off with most getting better as the game went on.

Big Nick Dean was one who got better as the game went on and all at Heights are rapt to have him playing. Rick Munn was B.O.G. very classy and all the time in the world. Big Faisel looked good and also got better as the game went on, will be a hard player to beat one on one. Had a good side in minus Weston, Pante and Matt Caruana. Best thing about all of Heights new recruits are that they are all top blokes off the field.

Hoping to play Sydenham next week if we are sucessful in finding a ground.

North Footscray
Deer Park
Wyndamvale
Sunshine Heights
Albanvale
Coburg Districts
Gladstone Park
Western Magpies
Brunswick Power

I wouldn't have North Footscray so high.

West Footscray
Heights
Deer Park
Albanvale
North Footscray
Wyndhamvale
North Sunshine
Braybrook
Coburg Districts
Gladstone Park
Western Magpies
Brunswick Power

North Footscray
Deer Park
Wyndamvale
Sunshine Heights
Albanvale
Coburg Districts
Gladstone Park
Western Magpies
Brunswick Power

Not sure about Stafferi dominating.... I know he kicked a few bags in Div 1 but he wasn't dominant in Div 2 a few years back..

Heights
West
Nth Footscray
Albanvale
Braybrook
Wyndhamvale
Deer Park

The rest making up numbers..... I have changed from earlier thoughts due to clearances that are listed on th WRFL website.

Not sure about Stafferi dominating.... I know he kicked a few bags in Div 1 but he wasn't dominant in Div 2 a few years back..

Heights
West
Nth Footscray
Albanvale
Braybrook
Wyndhamvale
Deer Park

The rest making up numbers..... I have changed from earlier thoughts due to clearances that are listed on th WRFL website.

im not gonna b 1 eyed here my ladder goes a lil like this
west
albanvale
heights
deerpark
nth footscray
wyndhamvale
braybrook
nth sunshine
laverton
brunswick
coburg

albanvale played pracy on the weekend had no score board so couldnt tell u the scores, we were very undermaned had 8 under18 players in starting line up, lets just say we have a lot of improving to do but with every1 back i think we should b up there this year..

Heights
West
Nth Footscray
Albanvale
Braybrook
Wyndhamvale
Deer Park

I agree about Staffieri. Thought he was a good footballer (not a superstar) when we played against North Sunshine a few years ago. However, North Footscray coach who was involved at NS for a few years reckons he is an absolute gun and will dominate div 2.

I agree about Staffieri. Thought he was a good footballer (not a superstar) when we played against North Sunshine a few years ago. However, North Footscray coach who was involved at NS for a few years reckons he is an absolute gun and will dominate div 2.

If frankie gets fit and half serious he will be the best fwd in div 2 without question,but how much impact he can have also depends on how his team mates go around him.

Heights
West
Nth Footscray
Albanvale
Braybrook
Wyndhamvale
Deer Park

no d/p in the top 6 interesting ?????????

i think will be above the cobras and the brookers:thumbsu:

i would have to say my ladder would be:

Wests
Deer Park these two fighting it out 4 top spot

Sunshine Heights
Albanvale
Deer park
North Footscray fighting it out for the other 3 finals spots

Wyndamvale
North Sunshine

these two could push for 4th or 5th if they gel together and or somebody else faulters, theyre my smokies for a finals berth

Braybrook to continue to rebuild and improve and become more consistant under the guidance of Danny Kelly

Coburg to struggle and be in turmoil, whilst frantically trying 2 find out who Crazy House is????

and

Western Magpies to improve slightly and actually beat brunswick power this year

Brunswick sorry guys no team that involves players wearing blundstones on the footy field can expect to finish anywhere but last

i agree stafferi is a gun but there one thing about Frankie

he has a history of being lazy and unfit

could play say some good footy but has he really dominated more than 5 matches in his whole senior career, im not talking about kicking 5, i mean taking 15 marks getting 30+ touches or kicking bags of 8 or 9.

R. Greto
S. Lane
N. Mallia
A. Pante
D. Inella

and there are probably another 2 or 3 ive missed out on even Hardaway from brunswick has dominated more than he has.

talented footballer = definite YES

Best forward in the comp = A long way off

albanvale played pracy on the weekend had no score board so couldnt tell u the scores, we were very undermaned had 8 under18 players in starting line up, lets just say we have a lot of improving to do but with every1 back i think we should b up there this year..

Tell us Karim, who did not play, who played well, who is not playing from last year, what is the latest with the winmar scenario

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back