WRFL Division 3 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I managed to sneak down for the majority of the game. Looked like Albanvale were intimidated by a physical confrontation.. Parkside better skilled better drilled and by far and away the better side..

Bassi & Sirianni battled to get a kick today & Charenko ended up forward..

From what I saw Bassi got a yellow & sent off.

Parkside still got 4 to pop back in to the side too - 50 points is very concerning for mine that the Cobras have been found out!

Indies, if you are 40pts better than the best div3 side at present, why didn't Parkside stay in div2. I'm still of the belief it will be an absolute joke on the WRFL if Parkside happen to win the premiership this year. In your words you were more physical today but think if you make it to the GF it could be a physical contest I'm guessing..

Over how many weeks has Parkside been working (with what my research shows is a mediocre list of guys with minimal senior experience) on that result. Rd1 was a thumping, second time around 3 goals.. I think a lot of people might just be selling short the players work since rd1.

I'm assuming most divvy 3 sides did pre seasons? Recruiting? Had a coach named last year working towards this season?

Parkside as of a couple of weeks before round 1 had no coach, barely anyone on the committee & 15 blokes training. Besides from Shepper and Smith there's no external recruitment happened, the twos boys stepped up and are doing jobs against blokes well above them..

I can see why there is some animosity but at the end of the day the turn around has to be given some credit
There is no way that you can spin it that makes this a fair situation. Division 3 is for teams that have struggled for years to have some light at the end of a long tunnel. Parkside were too arrogant to take their medicine therefore have lost the respect of all other wrfl clubs

it is fair to say that if Parkside make the grand final, it will be a hostile crowd and rightly so

Over how many weeks has Parkside been working (with what my research shows is a mediocre list of guys with minimal senior experience) on that result. Rd1 was a thumping, second time around 3 goals.. I think a lot of people might just be selling short the players work since rd1.

I'm assuming most divvy 3 sides did pre seasons? Recruiting? Had a coach named last year working towards this season?

Parkside as of a couple of weeks before round 1 had no coach, barely anyone on the committee & 15 blokes training. Besides from Shepper and Smith there's no external recruitment happened, the twos boys stepped up and are doing jobs against blokes well above them..

I can see why there is some animosity but at the end of the day the turn around has to be given some credit

Credit where credit is due. This is one of the great local football stories of all time. Absolute fairytale stuff and fair chance that it will be made into a tele movie!!

Just think about it..... a story about a battling club that strived (and spent) for years to win a flag and then finally when they had achieved their goal and people thought that they had no more to give .... they dropped down two divisions and like the great battlers they are pulled of another win for the ages. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I've watch a handful games of The games around the leauge. I've seen Parkside 6 times and albanvale twice. Big call I know but don't write albanvale off. Best team I've seen all year by far. I didn't watch yesterday but hearing they had 7 of there better players out make a difference. I was at the sanctuary lakes game and geez looked liked the coach from the Suns cracked it again. Bad day for him injuring himself too.

I've watch a handful games of The games around the leauge. I've seen Parkside 6 times and albanvale twice. Big call I know but don't write albanvale off. Best team I've seen all year by far. I didn't watch yesterday but hearing they had 7 of there better players out make a difference. I was at the sanctuary lakes game and geez looked liked the coach from the Suns cracked it again. Bad day for him injuring himself too.

What's your issue with the Suns and their coach?

I was actually at that game yesterday looking over the Suns as we play them next week and didn't see the Suns coach do anything other than look devastated at the way they played but all credit to the Sharks they smacked them.

5 posts all about the Suns? What's the problem mate?

My old alt got banned for telling someone to go jump in the river and I've watched silently for week or so.
There are some people on here who have real axes to grind and do it at every chance.
Me thinks some people need to move on and worry about themselves and let the past go

What a touching tale it would be!
They dared to dream, the scandal, the lies, the heart breaking story of entitlement!
Tale of woe, struggle and the long long wait between premierships.

Looks like the movie may have to be made by the wrfl as everyone else hates Parkside.
The best part if all if this is not one important person from any div3 club did anything about it early on, cos they were flogging Parkside early on and 4 points was easy to snatch!
Well played Parkside, you were laughed at early on, and now your laughing all the way to the bank, to the wrfl head office and more importantly laughing all the way back to div2!!

What a touching tale it would be!
They dared to dream, the scandal, the lies, the heart breaking story of entitlement!
Tale of woe, struggle and the long long wait between premierships.

Looks like the movie may have to be made by the wrfl as everyone else hates Parkside.
The best part if all if this is not one important person from any div3 club did anything about it early on, cos they were flogging Parkside early on and 4 points was easy to snatch!
Well played Parkside, you were laughed at early on, and now your laughing all the way to the bank, to the wrfl head office and more importantly laughing all the way back to div2!!
Think everyone knew they would come good it was just a matter of time

From a braybrook point of view we hope they actually win the flag 1- to rob Albanvale again :) and 2 - we as a club have already discussed our policy for next year and with park sides cash I don't think any club has a realistic chance of beating them next year so win and be gone I say

Think everyone knew they would come good it was just a matter of time

From a braybrook point of view we hope they actually win the flag 1- to rob Albanvale again :) and 2 - we as a club have already discussed our policy for next year and with park sides cash I don't think any club has a realistic chance of beating them next year so win and be gone I say
That's easy to say from the bottom of the ladder, but I'm not sure clubs in the mix have the same point if view lol

Not all 5 posts about the Suns Whistle sorry mate my mistake.
Are you part of any club or just enjoy watching albanvale?
You have commented about the Suns coach a couple times and I've seen them 4 times this year and he hasn't done much to impress or unimpressed me, and I can tell you he was far quieter than the Sharks coach yesterday and that's not saying he was bad either just very vocal as he always is

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That's easy to say from the bottom of the ladder, but I'm not sure clubs in the mix have the same point if view lol
lol true but I think of all clubs take the passion out of it if they aren't going to win the flag they would prefer parkside to win it if they are honest
They would be unbeatable next year in div 3 I believe, well on non Flemington days of course :)

Anyone else have any juniors finals today?
I'm heading down to help a few ex braybrook boys at Tarneit and try and talk them into coming back next year

Not all 5 posts about the Suns Whistle sorry mate my mistake.
Are you part of any club or just enjoy watching albanvale?
You have commented about the Suns coach a couple times and I've seen them 4 times this year and he hasn't done much to impress or unimpressed me, and I can tell you he was far quieter than the Sharks coach yesterday and that's not saying he was bad either just very vocal as he always is
Not apart of any club. I don't know the bloke just listened to him a few times. He may be a decent bloke off the field. I try to get around and watch a few games in the wrfl. Suns actually impressed me early but injures has taken its toll. Parkside impresseve but I'm not sure they can match it with albanvale when they have a full team. The coach at lavo has done a excellent job lost a few they should had won. Lakes are there abouts. Tarneit improved just. Braybrook I saw last week. Rely on 3 players and haven't seen north sunny. Might venture down Saturday.

Not apart of any club. I don't know the bloke just listened to him a few times. He may be a decent bloke off the field. I try to get around and watch a few games in the wrfl. Suns actually impressed me early but injures has taken its toll. Parkside impresseve but I'm not sure they can match it with albanvale when they have a full team. The coach at lavo has done a excellent job lost a few they should had won. Lakes are there abouts. Tarneit improved just. Braybrook I saw last week. Rely on 3 players and haven't seen north sunny. Might venture down Saturday.
I'd say we at Tarneit have more than "improved just" last year we were not competitive in any loss other than the NS game, this year we have been competitive in all bar the Albanvale games and Parkside away.

The Lavo coach has been fantastic, he is actually willing to change things up when needed and that has shown with the last two times we have played them.

I'd say we at Tarneit have more than "improved just" last year we were not competitive in any loss other than the NS game, this year we have been competitive in all bar the Albanvale games and Parkside away.

The Lavo coach has been fantastic, he is actually willing to change things up when needed and that has shown with the last two times we have played them.
I think tarneit need to pick up 5 quality players and 1 big forward who can put them through the sticks. Best forward I've seen this year would be that bell or kelly from Parkside. Don't get me wrong albanvale full forward can play but from what I see he's been playing more midfield. Was anyone at the Parkes game yesterday?

I think tarneit need to pick up 5 quality players and 1 big forward who can put them through the sticks. Best forward I've seen this year would be that bell or kelly from Parkside. Don't get me wrong albanvale full forward can play but from what I see he's been playing more midfield. Was anyone at the Parkes game yesterday?
Forwards are probably where we are short atm but definitely agree we need that key position target down there that's for sure.

Our defense seems to go pretty well most weeks despite being smaller than most teams. I've got a pretty solid group with me down there. We have never really had that key forward, we have a guy that can play there but have had to ruck him due to injuries and then he has been injured himself. We get him on the park playing forward and our team looks a lot better

I think a lot of clubs would say there one decent forward away of really having a go I like the look of kelly really good kick bell only seems to go better against the lower teams gets found out.

I think a lot of clubs would say there one decent forward away of really having a go I like the look of kelly really good kick bell only seems to go better against the lower teams gets found out.

Hey mate, is it possible the better teams focus more on Bell and might have a 3rd person up. Could also be the better sides mids are applying pressure to the kicker and therefore the kicks are not hitting up a leading Belly. All forwards rely on good delivery..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back