WWE TV, Rumours and Discussion - Part VII

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bet WWE thinks that title exchange segment was awesome. Total garbage.
It was woeful. Was hoping for Asuka or some big name free agent to come up ajd stake a claim to dethrone Flair (she annoys me something chronic).

Brock was chanelling Stone Cold type anger. Loved it. Was hoping he would take the belt legit and a vengeance type match for being screwed at Crown Jewel.

I think it's dumb and surely that can think of better ways to get the belts across but it doesn't annoy me as much as it seems to annoy others.

And even worse the WWE just had a bunch of matches between Charlotte, Becky, Sasha and Bianca across both shows and CJ where they could have EASILY got the belts on the whoever the #### they needed. But nooooo much better to have a 'belt swap' segment in a 2 hour show with a quarter of an hour of actual wrestling.

Gotta give these writers time to shine I guess. Too bad for the wrestlers who might wanna wrestle a bit.

We are told the issue arose after Charlotte Flair was said to have voiced concerns before WWE went on the air, concerned about the Championship Exchange segment that featured Becky trading her Smackdown Women's Championship belt for Flair's Raw Women's Championship belt. We are told by several who were privy to the situation that Flair was voicing that she didn't want to look weak nor did her she want her title reign to look weak. Despite those concerns, the segment went on as planned.
During the segment, there was a moment where Flair was to hand the belt to Becky but instead pulled it away and threw the belt on the mat, which was not the way that segment was expected to go. At that point, Sonya Deville demanded Flair retrieve the belt and hand it to her, which Flair did. Deville then asked for Becky's title but instead Lynch threw her title belt and Flair, which was also not part of the plan, PWInsider.com is told.
At that point, Flair did mic work to set up Sasha Banks coming out, which put the segment back on track with Lynch leaving after teasing a potential Survivor Series showdown with one of them.
However, after Flair and Banks had their physical confrontation, Flair went to the back. We are told at that point, there was a confrontation over Flair allegedly disrespecting Lynch during the segment and there were words between the two. We are told that the situation was heated but did not get physical.
------------
lol, cracking the sads

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The encore presentation of SmackDown will go head-to-head with tonight's Saturday edition of AEW Dynamite on TNT.

----------
what a co-incidence!

The encore presentation of SmackDown will go head-to-head with tonight's Saturday edition of AEW Dynamite on TNT.

----------
what a co-incidence!
Get to see 15 mins of wrestling in a 2hr show on repeat. Yay.

Get to see 15 mins of wrestling in a 2hr show on repeat. Yay.

According to Russo, that is what makes a great show 🥺. His major gripe with Rampage and why they get no viewers is it’s just wrestling, wrestling and wrestling. So obviously Smackdown is trying to please the Russo audience by having a very long seen this before Roman promo segment, a long boring promo segment and a forgettable long promo segment.

Not sure why they didn’t go in a fresh direction to challenge Nakamura like they just have had Jeff Hardy Sheamus and Ricochet all come across.

Think long term Sheamus will end up with the belt and be a grand slam champion. The only reason I could think they have held Cesaro back is something will happen with Sheamus. I could totally see and hope they reunite the bar. Help McIntyre vs the bloodline and eventually Sheamus will turn on Cesaro.

Maybe a Sheamus vs Cesaro IC title match down the track to finally decide that best of 7 series 😂

This is why the MITB briefcase should have been kept by someone.

KOTR winner should have been guaranteed a title match at anytime that's an option.

They could have had a winner takes all after the title switch segment went down hill.

Becky wins both belts gets on the mic talks trash for 30 seconds calling herself 2 belts Becky and have a Smackdown star cash in on her for the Smackdown title.

It's just WWE not thinking long term again FFS could have put someone over big time and worst case Charlotte wins it back a week later on Smackdown with the rematch clause.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back