Yarra Valley - Mountain District FL Forum 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
His company did, he chose to get a new job, no longer works for previous emplyers, and therefore no weekend work at Silvan :eek:

gee thats a bit stiff if you find other employment and then your no longer required to play football on the weekend, sounds like his previous employer is no good and has a bad case of sour grapes whoever he is

gee thats a bit stiff if you find other employment and then your no longer required to play football on the weekend, sounds like his previous employer is no good and has a bad case of sour grapes whoever he is

Why would his previous employment pay for him to play football after he resigned from working at this company and therefore broke a contract of employment at this company/and silvan football club? There were a few other options proposed to him and in the end it was his own decision to leave the club. End of story.

There is a few more outs at lilvan this week but its not all as bad as some people here are making out.

A few guys that were employed by compass no longer are and hence dont get the freedom to leave work early and travel from the other side of the city to train and play football. Them leaving is not because money has dried up or they no longer enjoy playing at the club it is purely logistical and family reasons.

Wierd round in 1st division this week

5 clear favourites yet you can make a case for any of the underdogs this week

Healesville always play well at Monbulk and are starting to get some key players back from injury - but can they match the power of Monbulk?
Alex - could they notch their first win of the season?
Mt Evelyn at home - always tough to beat, will hedge play for Upwey? will ben farruiga play for mt ev? key players who will certainly influence the result.
Warby at Silvan - how much unrest is their behind closed doors at silvan (if any?) warby had monbulk on toast last week but failed in the last minute....
gembrook at home - did they finally show some signs last week against healesville and will woori show the respect that gembrook deserve?

all in all a very interesting round of games.
who does everyone think is the most likely of causing an upset?

Heard Porter from Upwey broke his ankle/leg on the weekend? If so it would be a huge loss and might open the door for a Woori or Monbulk.

Anyone from Silvan want to give the reason why Moorcroft and Green left mid season? Word is that Bullen has put in a clearance to, if so whats the reason if it can be mentioned.

Im not from Silvan but the league might want to be checking if they have collected the sponsorship money already. Compass has gone into recievership.

Heard Porter from Upwey broke his ankle/leg on the weekend? If so it would be a huge loss and might open the door for a Woori or Monbulk.
Not as bad as first thought-still have some quality players to come back in Hayes,Brotja,Hedge,Keogh etc

hey everyone.
just a question of curiousity, does upwey have a lot of supporters and how many people do they get to each game?
cheers

Im not from Silvan but the league might want to be checking if they have collected the sponsorship money already. Compass has gone into recievership.

What is your evidence for this statement Lemon Chicken? I believe you are getting confused with Compass Resources, a NT mining company, that has recently gone down. Compass Group, based in two Melbourne suburbs, seems to be doing fine.

hey everyone.
just a question of curiousity, does upwey have a lot of supporters and how many people do they get to each game?
cheers

for your info olinda gets about the same to each game but raises most of its revinue from its chalet and 5 ski runs :D:D:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What is your evidence for this statement Lemon Chicken? I believe you are getting confused with Compass Resources, a NT mining company, that has recently gone down. Compass Group, based in two Melbourne suburbs, seems to be doing fine.

If you wish to believe that then do so. The company you mentioned there is old news (january) im talking last week.

Surely after all the pre season hype that included some massive self promotion and big spending, the major disappointment so far this season is Gembrook.
Sure they will be quick to blame injuries but remember the committee
continually stated that they where getting over 60 during pre season training.
Sitting 1 and 6 the natives will be getting restless and it is worth highlighting that both Geoff Shipp and Damien Rhind ( 2 previous coaches both of whom had far less quality players at their disposal ) had been far more successful at this time of the season.

Surely after all the pre season hype that included some massive self promotion and big spending, the major disappointment so far this season is Gembrook.
Sitting 1 and 6 the natives will be getting restless and it is worth highlighting that both Geoff Shipp and Damien Rhind ( 2 previous coaches both of whom had far less quality players at their disposal ) had been far more successful at this time of the season.

Shaun Connell even had a better record...

Sssshhh! Go easy!
Got my butt kicked for daring to mention in HawkTalk that the Brookers aren't quite living up to expectations - yet again! Steve is a bit touchy about all this.
Still, hope they get it sorted out before my grandson Cade dons the bright green strip!

Gembrook have recruited well, rick clarke is a very good player, but they are still very reliant on craig clarke. They have a few injuries but most clubs are missing players from there best side, looking at the side they are playing some kids that are still finding there feet in senior footy, hope they stick with them. Its there depth of playing list, you can have 100 blokes at preseason but as we all know you need about 30 that can play.
Has Silvan regrouped they maybe the side that gets going and causes some problems for the others.

it is worth highlighting that both Geoff Shipp and Damien Rhind ( 2 previous coaches both of whom had far less quality players at their disposal ) had been far more successful at this time of the season.

Only slightly better, and in both seasons Gembrook fell away badly towards the end of the season:

2007 Rhind after 7 rounds, 2 wins, 94.6%
2007 Rhind end of season, 3 wins, 60.6%

2008 Shipp after 7 rounds, 2 wins and a draw, 75.3%
2008 Shipp end of season, 3 wins and a draw, 64.5%

2009 Marsham after 7 rounds, 1 win, 62.5%

I reckon they'll win four matches this year. Actually, since returning to first division in 2005, Gembrook have lost their five matches at Monbulk by 114, 149, 218, 99 and 128 points. It strikes me that Monbulk may be the most difficult ground for visiting teams to win at - even more so than Upwey.

Gembrook have recruited well, rick clarke is a very good player, but they are still very reliant on craig clarke. They have a few injuries but most clubs are missing players from there best side, looking at the side they are playing some kids that are still finding there feet in senior footy, hope they stick with them. Its there depth of playing list, you can have 100 blokes at preseason but as we all know you need about 30 that can play.
Has Silvan regrouped they maybe the side that gets going and causes some problems for the others.

They looked awesome in the first half on the weekend. Even with Haynes stuck in the goal square and no Moorcroft and even the great Hank Hartman disappearing and reappearing act. Made for a very entertaining day...

I wouldn't get over confident Wraggy/Cagga. Watched the last qtr at Monny too and the cats don't look a spent force yet!

Gee - I bet the Kinglake and Olinda FCFCFC players are wrapped that they are playing away this week - no need for snow chains!!

Marc Bullen and David Gillespie have both applied for clearances to the Essendon Football League this morning.Who's next? Will Silvan have any players left come June 30th

WHOOOPS i may have gone a bit early with that last statement, :confused:

WHOOOPS i may have gone a bit early with that last statement, :confused:

Given David Gillespie has played a total of maybe 10 games in the 2 and a half years he has been at Silvan, they have clearly shown they can play good footy without him, Bullen will be a big loss, won a lot of footy in the middle, although i saw the return of club legend Steve Andrews, absolute legand around Silvan and can win a lot of footy, will be a big addition to the team

Given David Gillespie has played a total of maybe 10 games in the 2 and a half years he has been at Silvan, they have clearly shown they can play good footy without him, Bullen will be a big loss, won a lot of footy in the middle, although i saw the return of club legend Steve Andrews, absolute legand around Silvan and can win a lot of footy, will be a big addition to the team

Steve has been a great player and ambassador for the club, but I think he is about 4 months younger than me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back