Yeo's spoil/hit on Webster

Remove this Banner Ad

Nowhere near as bad as Jordan Lewis, but it did look pretty careless. He wasn't in the best position to spoil, plus the fact that Webster went off the field bloodied and was ultimately subbed out will count against Yeo. As a footy fan i'd like to see him get off, because i do believe he was genuinely trying to spoil the football, but i could understand if the MRP gives him a week.

Umpire clearly said it was in the contest and didn't even get a 50. I would be surprised if the MRP overruled that decision.

Haven't seen it, but commentators said the player was subbed out, so it will be high impact.

Given that, even if only deemed careless it will be 3 (2 with guilty plea). So it will be 2 or nothing.

Bad luck? Or malicious?

Nowhere near as bad as Jordan Lewis, but it did look pretty careless. He wasn't in the best position to spoil, plus the fact that Webster went off the field bloodied and was ultimately subbed out will count against Yeo. As a footy fan i'd like to see him get off, because i do believe he was genuinely trying to spoil the football, but i could understand if the MRP gives him a week.
If it was in the marking contest and was a legitimate spoiling attempt then he should avoid suspension .

At least how the rules are written,.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In real time at the ground it didn't look very late at all. He was trying to spoil. Like the Ump says in the replay 'it was in the contest'. The fact it took 2 minutes and a replay for any St Kilda player to take Yeo up on it says a bit about it not being malicious. Fingers crossed. :confused:

If he is cited, then it would be careless/medium (2 down to 1) or careless/high (3 down to 2). You can't really say it's an intentional act nor can you say that a bloke being subbed off with concussion is low impact.

Key words being if he is cited. If he's not cited then the grading matrix doesn't matter.

Spin the wheel!

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeo's spoil/hit on Webster

Remove this Banner Ad

Back