You Were Wrong!!

Remove this Banner Ad

All North supporters on the topic of Leigh Brown

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=640438&highlight=Leigh+Brown

YOU WERE WRONG

To all supporters trying to claim Didak as the softest player in the league

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=689155&highlight=Alan+Didak

YOU WERE WRONG - and to the Collingwood "supporters" who jumped on the bandwagon, you should be ashamed of yourselves (bet you're all happy to bask in the glory of a flag... and Dids helped do it for you, with a muscle ripped off the bone!)

Invigoration

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showthread.php?t=695021&highlight=Ben+Johnson

YOU WERE WRONG

To about 90% of Collingwood posters on rthe topic of Ben Johnson 12 months ago

I WAS RIGHT!

Retrospect is a beautiful thing.

I've criticised all of Johnson, Toovey, and Leigh Brown at times and I still think at the time it was deserved.

Players develop and improve, sometimes against the exposed evidence.

Writing off players categorically (those we wont win a prem with insert player A's name type comments) is probably the worst mistake people make when judging players.

Old threads are too easy to take out of context.

But the "evidence" (which is not really evidence its just an opinion) is in the eye of the beholder.

It is the point of these types of threads they are used to highlight how supporters incorrectly see things from outside the club, while those inside see the same situation in a totally different light.

These threads tend to bring back to reality those posters who through there own sense of self importance have set themselves up as experts, when in fact they are nothing of the sort; they are just posters who haven't worked out that most thinking people are actually laughing at them.

Opinion is fine as long as it remains that and doesn't transform itself into expert fact.

But the "evidence" (which is not really evidence its just an opinion) is in the eye of the beholder.

It is the point of these types of threads they are used to highlight how supporters incorrectly see things from outside the club, while those inside see the same situation in a totally different light.

These threads tend to bring back to reality those posters who through there own sense of self importance have set themselves up as experts, when in fact they are nothing of the sort; they are just posters who haven't worked out that most thinking people are actually laughing at them.

Opinion is fine as long as it remains that and doesn't transform itself into expert fact.

Some times it's easy to over analyse what is in reality a celebration of victory and a natural desire to show the ********s we have to put up with just how dickeded they were....:D

All you doubting ********s....
You were WRONG!!!!!!!:D:D

Some times it's easy to over analyse what is in reality a celebration of victory and a natural desire to show the ********s we have to put up with just how dickeded they were....:D

All you doubting ********s....
You were WRONG!!!!!!!:D:D

Oh yeah, I agree they were wrong and its fun to tell them so

Retrospect is a beautiful thing.

I've criticised all of Johnson, Toovey, and Leigh Brown at times and I still think at the time it was deserved.

Players develop and improve, sometimes against the exposed evidence.

Writing off players categorically (those we wont win a prem with insert player A's name type comments) is probably the worst mistake people make when judging players.

Old threads are too easy to take out of context.

Yes easy to take out of context....but its just as easy to flip over from being a harsh critic to a long-time supporter because of one good game....sometimes all it needs is a new nickname.

I like people pasting in threads from the past. It holds people accountable for the dumb stuff they post in the present..

Yes easy to take out of context....but its just as easy to flip over from being a harsh critic to a long-time supporter because of one good game....sometimes all it needs is a new nickname.

I like people pasting in threads from the past. It holds people accountable for the dumb stuff they post in the present..
To be fair a lot of the "bumps" don't take into account the intervening 2 years though nor the many posts an individual may have made, with incumbent change of opinion over that time.

You can get a vast disparity in an opinion and they contrast very starkly if you leave out the posts in between.

I'll use Speshal Ed and his opinion of MM and our Flag chances as an example.
Over the last year he has gone from a deadset pessimist to a true optimist which alone looks like a huge shift unless you have followed his posts and the reasons for the change. Then it seems like evolution rather than revolution.

It gives me great pleasure to pass on a quote from the biggest flog and **** muncher on Bigfooty The Fireman (Also known as JeffDunne's foreskin)

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/showpost.php?p=18081854&postcount=56

The Fireman said:
Are Melbourne really that good? I don't think so ... so I have never thought the Pies were a threat this year..nothing has changed.
But well done to the Dees for scrapping out a close game, the majority of Vics were right behind you in the dying minutes :)
You could say it's a win to the Dees, a loss to the Pies.

Haven't seen this flog much since before the game. He used to bag everything about our club. My god I'm enjoying knowing his world has collapsed! I know he is still lurking bigfooty. His profile shows recent activity

There's a Collingwood 'fan' site that I don't think we are allowed to mention that for the past 5 years has done nothing but bag Eddie, Mick and almost all of our players.

Anyone who joins that site and supports our club usually gets banned within a short time

Isn't that right Paddy?

Anyway to that site, the posters there and the people who run it

YOU WERE WRONG

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We should add Plugger35 as well.

He's the biggest tool on here.

He is actually a really good bloke. He trolls pretty hard on BF generally and is hurting big time at the moment so his posting is reflecting that!

i.e. Isn't realistic or level headed!

I said we couldn't win the flag unless we beat the saints and geelong during the season so i guess i was right! :)

But i'm happy to admit i was never very confident. It's part being a pies supporter / part realistic that they are bloody hard to win and even finishing top 4, you are really about a 1 in 4 chance of winning it!

To be fair a lot of the "bumps" don't take into account the intervening 2 years though nor the many posts an individual may have made, with incumbent change of opinion over that time.

You can get a vast disparity in an opinion and they contrast very starkly if you leave out the posts in between.

Over the last year he has gone from a deadset pessimist to a true optimist which alone looks like a huge shift unless you have followed his posts and the reasons for the change. Then it seems like evolution rather than revolution.
Dead right PE, I will admit that I was very critical of Leroy for the first half of last year but I had changed my tune considerably by round 20 (2009). However whilst I was very critical of Leroy, I did not flame him (or anyone connected with his recruitment and team selection) in fact at one stage I remember posting that although I could not understand his selection I had faith in MM and Derek Hine.
This is not a rubbish thread at all, it should serve as a timely reminder that we shouldn't slag of our players, coaching staff or any of the other people working tirelessly (eg. Eddie) for the benefit of our great club, despite our own opinions of their methods or talents.

I agree. And there's nothing wrong with Ed haven't his opinion of MM in the first place.... but some of the posts ( not Eds ) have been downright disrespectful. I remember a thread where a dozen posters said that Leroy was "shit" ....it went on and on and on and on. They were trying to impress each other, I think. I dont call that "supporting" a team.

I've had to change my opinions - Ben Johnson is a good example. I thought he was gone but I never said he was crap or shit. I might have said to people that I thought that he would be one of the first to be replaced by the younger players.. obviously I was wrong.

Upon reflection of this season im glad to admit that i was wrong about Ben Johnson..

I honestly thought his time in the game had reached its end and that he was just another one of MM's faves, still spudding it up and holding back others who deserved more of a chance

How wrong i was.

I really respect the bloke for making an impact on the season, having an influence and doing his job this season...and i could watch that goal from outside 50 in the GF replay over and over

Good job Benny J

I've only ever bagged one Collingwood player, Travis Cloke earlier this year, and most of us were doing so then. Were we wrong? Hmmmm. Then there's this matter of the contract negotiations. Hmmmm again. But I'll happily take it all back - I apologise Travis - now get your bloody kicking boots on and learn to kick some damn goals for God's sake! (And as for a pay rise and admittance to the leadership group... ?!?!?!) :mad::mad::mad:

This thread is an interesting read

When we have our first loss next year - watch the very same baggers return with the same crap they have been dishing out for years.

I doubt they will ever learn anything from their 'egg on face' priors.

Some people are just naturally fickle and negative

This thread is an interesting read

When we have our first loss next year - watch the very same baggers return with the same crap they have been dishing out for years.

I doubt they will ever learn anything from their 'egg on face' priors.

Some people are just naturally fickle and negative

Maybe they can't help it. It might be hormones.

There's a Collingwood 'fan' site that I don't think we are allowed to mention that for the past 5 years has done nothing but bag Eddie, Mick and almost all of our players.

Anyone who joins that site and supports our club usually gets banned within a short time

Isn't that right Paddy?

Anyway to that site, the posters there and the people who run it

YOU WERE WRONG

That's right Dawson,

I predicted a flag this year on there board in the most arrogant and condescending way. And we got it. I have pwned everyone on that board.

Remove this Banner Ad

You Were Wrong!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back