Workshop Your 2013 Jumper Ideas

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's my ideas for Sydney's 2013 kit...

Home:
6Funk.png

Melbourne:
vH9DD.png

Clash:
uOcVE.png

I'd like to see Sydney go back to the red yoke with white on the front, and all white on the back, with red shorts.
For games against Gold Coast (and anyone else deemed to "clash" with red) they can switch to white shorts.
Against Geelong and North, who are mainly white, they can go the inverse full red.
And for those who like the South Melbourne link, they could go exactly the same jumper set just with SM V's on them instead of Sydney yokes.
picture1kkv.png

Usual deal with my guernseys...I'm not into the fine details, even who manufactures them, just the basics of colour and design.

Here's my ideas for Sydney's 2013 kit...

Home:
img

Melbourne:
img

Clash:
img

The Melbourne kit still needs some "Sydney" about it, and IMO should retain their iconic Opera House design thing. But, it's your design.

Clash is good, even if they won't be using it a lot, only against Brisbane, Gold Coast and maybe Adelaide and GWS.

I would love to see that for the Melbourne jumper, but the "For The Bloods" looks a bit tacky. The Clash design itself is great.
Yeah, the clash might work more as a one off, as it's just meant to pay tribute to the premiership, although as Essee Cross said, hypothetically there's a chance they'd only wear it once anyway.
I was going to add their premiership years onto the hoop below, but thought having a wordmark on just one hoop looks less strange than on two.

The Melbourne kit still needs some "Sydney" about it, and IMO should retain their iconic Opera House design thing. But, it's your design.
Yeah, I agree, I don't even think it's all that necessary for Sydney to wear the South guernsey in Melbourne, as they have a strong following over here as it is, and aren't at risk of alienating supporters or having them drift to other clubs, unlike Brisbane...
I just love me a throwback :thumbsu:

Melbourne:
vH9DD.png

Maybe because I have seen Howe's MOTY about a thousand times but that jumper (I know it's not the exact jumper from that game but whatever) should be worn vs Melbourne all the time - in Sydney or Melbourne.
It could also be worn at home vs Brisbane to extinguish a clash.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brisbane Lions
Home: The Paddlepop needs to go. It is a graphic design disaster. I haven't, though, reverted to the Fitzroy Lion as everyone else seems to want to. There is no point re-hashing something that is gone, so I used CostaFC's concept for a similar lookalike to the Fitzroy Lion. (Worn in all Home Games and away games vs Sydney and GWS Giants)
Clash: A throwback to the Brisbane Bears using Costa's Lion. No point in having a white jumper, white shorts breaks it up nicely though I feel. (Worn in all away games vs. Gold Coast, West Coast, Fremantle, Port Adelaide and Adelaide)
Victoria: Fitzroy throwback but with Blue shorts, aka the shorts they wore in the VFL. I can't see it creating any clash issues. (Worn in all Away games in Victoria or against Victorian teams. Including potential games in Tasmania vs. Hawthorn or North Melbourne)
Logo: I think all clubs should have a Primary and Secondary Logo. Primary being a crest or shield type logo like the EPL which is used on corporate apparel and merchandise and the Secondary logo being a more 'American', stylized, child-orientated mascot type that appears on all other merchandise. (Kid's shirts, hoodies, hats, footballs, towels, flags etc.)

brisbanelions2013.png

Edit: Here is a large version of the logo

brisbanelionslogo.png

These are great guys!

The old BL one looks better then the current one. Stupidity changing it

Here's a few more...

North Home:
pvdTk.png

X-Blades is no doubt the worst manufacturer in the AFL, it's been noted that people have trouble differentiating between an X-Blades guernsey and a K-Mart knockoff... North should dump them as soon as they can... So just for my wishes, the Collar goes back to normal and the dreadful teXture goes away. Also made the cuffs and collar silver, think North should adapt it as a secondary colour, the current teXture makes their guernsey look silver as it is though, I guess.

Geelong Home:
tkr79.png

Anyone that doesn't want this is weird.

Geelong Clash:
RiOs4.png

Geelong could be changing clash, or preseason guernsey for all we know, they've had the polo shirt like design for 2 years know and that seems to be their recent string of clash guernseys' average life span. Realistically it'd feature some sort of logo, to keep it modern, think they should go with the On Field Identity cat... as they wear guernseys on field, for one thing, and it's also sort of like the Fitzroy lion, simplistic enough to be used on a jumper.

Brisbane Lions
Home: The Paddlepop needs to go. It is a graphic design disaster. I haven't, though, reverted to the Fitzroy Lion as everyone else seems to want to. There is no point re-hashing something that is gone, so I used CostaFC's concept for a similar lookalike to the Fitzroy Lion. (Worn in all Home Games and away games vs Sydney and GWS Giants)
Clash: A throwback to the Brisbane Bears using Costa's Lion. No point in having a white jumper, white shorts breaks it up nicely though I feel. (Worn in all away games vs. Gold Coast, West Coast, Fremantle, Port Adelaide and Adelaide)
Victoria: Fitzroy throwback but with Blue shorts, aka the shorts they wore in the VFL. I can't see it creating any clash issues. (Worn in all Away games in Victoria or against Victorian teams. Including potential games in Tasmania vs. Hawthorn or North Melbourne)
Logo: I think all clubs should have a Primary and Secondary Logo. Primary being a crest or shield type logo like the EPL which is used on corporate apparel and merchandise and the Secondary logo being a more 'American', stylized, child-orientated mascot type that appears on all other merchandise. (Kid's shirts, hoodies, hats, footballs, towels, flags etc.)

brisbanelions2013.png

Edit: Here is a large version of the logo

brisbanelionslogo.png

THE BRILLIANCE IS OFF THE SCALE! 11/10!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back