Teams Your 2014 SC team Ver. 3.0 (During Nab)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, with only 16 days until round 1, I didn't really want to be revealing my whole team. But on the flip side, I figure that most people would pretty much have their side set minus rookies and a few mid pricers. So here goes:

DEF: S.Mitchell, J.Grimes, D.Swallow, M.Suckling, R.Shaw, L.McDonald
EMER: C.Cameron, W.Langford

MID: G.Ablett, S.Pendlebury, R.Sloane, B.Ebert, D.Beams, D.Tyson, J.Polec, X.Ellis
EMER: V.Michie, M.Crouch

RUCK: S.Mumford, A.Sandilands
EMER: M.King, R.Lobb

FWD: P.Dangerfield, D.Martin, C.Wingard, D.Zorko, G.Rohan, J.Kennedy-Harris
EMER: Z.Merrett, S.Lloyd

*note, all subs could change, but mid subs will likely remain. (Thoughts on sub options appreciated.)

My concerns, I've been quiet on my Ebert selection, but now I'm having second thoughts. He scored 84 SC points in his first hit out this year (played 78% of the game).

Rhyce Shaw has always been a bit of a yoyo, I'd like to downgrade him to start another rookie and have some extra cash, but I can't see any viable options. I'm not opposed to keeping him, but I also wouldn't mind squeezing Michael Barlow in.

So many decisions, all thoughts appreciated!

Was wondering whether I would go the two premos abblett and pendles- as they can be my set and forget captains and build a mid field around them or go a bit riskier midfield and try all medium priced players, (no Ablett or pendles)and get 100's out them consistently. Was thinking Cotchin Murphy beams Griffen etc. not massively priced but still good cattle. Thoughts fellas. I know there's no right or wrongs in either but no premos leaves a lot of money to set up a "POD" team that may come off a good thing. Daring to be different. Maybe.
Is that the sort of talk you're wanting/ needing double fist.

Last edited:

Was wondering whether I would go the two premos abblett and pendles- as they can be my set and forget captains and build a mid field around them or go a bit riskier midfield and try all medium priced players, (no Ablett or pendles)and get 100's out them consistently. Was thinking Cotchin Murphy beams Griffen etc. not massively priced but still good cattle. Thoughts fellas.
Is that the sort of talk you're wanting/ needing double fist.

I reckon you need at least one as it's harder to upgrade to the ultra-premo's (650k+) during the season, plus you have the added advantage of a rolled gold captaincy choice.

I reckon you need at least one as it's harder to upgrade to the ultra-premo's (650k+) during the season, plus you have the added advantage of a rolled gold captaincy choice.
Yeah, Go Aus I'm hearing you but..... If my mediokers go up and the ultras go down I could still fair well. Yes/no??? Do you think. I'm reckoning I might have plenty of real good players others are chasing and because of thier price rise, be in front, then bring in the BIG boys and do "it" a bit easier by paying less for them.

Seeing people are thinking about Daniher for thier forward line as bombers are putting him in the thick of it. Now I'm a bomber and went to games last year when he played and he was often LOST. Why would you bother. Not a SCer for mine. Big boy but needs more street smarts. Put him in the same minor league as Majak Dor. Just doesn't mix yet with the big boys. Brains doesn't keep up with the body and the play of the ball. Tuff but my eyes work well I'm afraid.

Yeah, Go Aus I'm hearing you but..... If my mediokers go up and the ultras go down I could still fair well. Yes/no??? Do you think. I'm reckoning I might have plenty of real good players others are chasing and because of thier price rise, be in front, then bring in the BIG boys and do "it" a bit easier by paying less for them.
While others are going to be paying less for Griffen and Cotchin, while still getting + 10ppg from their captain..

While others are going to be paying less for Griffen and Cotchin, while still getting + 10ppg from their captain..

Griffen I'd say yes he will drop in price. Is too expensive IMO and could start season slowly due to lack of NAB Challenge games so far.

Cotchin however is already cheap for what he can deliver. I can't see him falling in price so if you want him get him in your team now! :thumbsu:

Here is my current team. Thoughts would be appreciated.

xxzr.png

I had taken byes in to account but have since changed the team a few times and may have thrown my team out of whack because of it.

xxzr.png

I had taken byes in to account but have since changed the team a few times and may have thrown my team out of whack because of it.
Pretty nicely balanced, the backline is a little risky with Suckling at D4 a potential vest candidate early in the season.

Not sure on Jacobs, feel that Lobbe is a better option around that price but no one has Jacobs so it will pay dividends if he plays well.

I have the exact same midfield as you (even bench) except I have Dunstan instead of Thomas, so obviously I like that area. If you're ok with having three playing rookies there you could downgrade Thomas to a rookie and go Suckling > Enright/Simpson etc to sure up the backline. As it turns out you may have to play 3 rookies due to lack of rookies in other areas (not sure on all of Merrett, Markworth, Langford at this stage).

Pretty solid forwardline.

Yeah, the rookies are no certainties to be in those places come round one. I feel Jacobs is looking like he was in 2012 when he was a monster. I've toyed with Lobbe a bit, but decided to go the Jacobs/Sandi combo as they are both players who have been proven guns for at least a season, whereas Lobbe has had a couple of half seasons of good football.

I've thought about Enright quite a fair bit. He was the second player chosen by my fiancé, and looks as fit as he has been in the past couple of seasons.

Yeah, the rookies are no certainties to be in those places come round one. I feel Jacobs is looking like he was in 2012 when he was a monster. I've toyed with Lobbe a bit, but decided to go the Jacobs/Sandi combo as they are both players who have been proven guns for at least a season, whereas Lobbe has had a couple of half seasons of good football.

I've thought about Enright quite a fair bit. He was the second player chosen by my fiancé, and looks as fit as he has been in the past couple of seasons.
Started with Jacobs in my team although I've recently replaced him with Ryder. Could definitely find himself back in the lineup though!

MY TEAM!

DEF: Mitchell - Hanley - Simpson - Swallow - McDonald - Langford. (Langdon, Martin)

MID: Ablett - Swan - Watson - Beams - Dyson - Polec - Ellis - Dunstan. (Hallahan, Crouch)

RUCK: Ryder - Sandilands. (Wood, Currie)

FWDS: Dangerfield - Martin - Wingard - Mitchell - Rohan - JKH. (Kersten, Bock)

180K in the bank still

Any help, tips and feedback is greatly appreciated guys. Cheers!

Okay, with only 16 days until round 1, I didn't really want to be revealing my whole team. But on the flip side, I figure that most people would pretty much have their side set minus rookies and a few mid pricers. So here goes:

DEF: S.Mitchell, J.Grimes, D.Swallow, M.Suckling, R.Shaw, L.McDonald
EMER: C.Cameron, W.Langford

MID: G.Ablett, S.Pendlebury, R.Sloane, B.Ebert, D.Beams, D.Tyson, J.Polec, X.Ellis
EMER: V.Michie, M.Crouch

RUCK: S.Mumford, A.Sandilands
EMER: M.King, R.Lobb

FWD: P.Dangerfield, D.Martin, C.Wingard, D.Zorko, G.Rohan, J.Kennedy-Harris
EMER: Z.Merrett, S.Lloyd

*note, all subs could change, but mid subs will likely remain. (Thoughts on sub options appreciated.)

My concerns, I've been quiet on my Ebert selection, but now I'm having second thoughts. He scored 84 SC points in his first hit out this year (played 78% of the game).

Rhyce Shaw has always been a bit of a yoyo, I'd like to downgrade him to start another rookie and have some extra cash, but I can't see any viable options. I'm not opposed to keeping him, but I also wouldn't mind squeezing Michael Barlow in.

So many decisions, all thoughts appreciated!

I like this team, Backline ok hopefully Grimes and Swallow can lift to expectations and dont know much about CCameron. Mids good POD with Sloane and Ebert and great rookies. Good Rucks but not sure on Lobb and King is your ticket to capt loophole i imagine as i dont think he play much. Fwds good too but rookies will prob change come round 1 as you have already suggested, nice team, good luck.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

$5k left over

DEF: Mitchell (HAW) Hanley (BRIS) Enright (GEEL) Swallow (GCS) Shaw (SYD) McDonald (NM) ROOKIES: Langford (HAW) Georgiou (MELB)

MID: Ablett (GCS) Watson (ESS) Cotchin (RICH) Beams (COLL) Thomas (CARL) Tyson (MELB) Polec (PORT) Ellis (WCE) ROOKIES: Michie (MELB) Crouch (ADEL)

RUCKS: Sandilands (FRE) Hampson (RICH) ROOKIES: Nankervis (SYD) Thurlow (ESS)

FORWARS: Dangerfield (ADEL) Martin (RICH) Wingard (PORT) Mitchell (SYD) Caddy (GEEL) Rohan (SYD) ROOKIES: Kersten (GEEL) Kennedy Harris (MELB)

Obviously a bit biased, but I like seeing Enright bob up in a team. Haven't seen him in many this season, but think he'll do well, especially with Guthrie looking to assume a more midfield role.
Midfield and Forwards looks good, pretty much exactly as mine, except ive got Rocky in place of Watson and Pav instead of Wingard :)

Keep an eye on the Kersten pick though, he's yet to play a game and not named for Fridays NAB game against Melbourne :thumbsu:

xxzr.png

I had that structure but have opted for one less prem midfielder and strenghened D5 and F5 as I cant see many fwd or def rookies that will add a lot of value. Midfield rookies is where I think the money is to be made. My Mids is the same as you minus Rockliff and in his place a cash cow.

Ok this is my team but it has been changing EVERYDAY for the last month or so :rolleyes:, suggestions most welcome :thumbsu:.
At this stage i dont have much confidence in the Fwd and Def rookies, that may change come Rd1.
View attachment 44839

Yep, my team changes daily too. ATM I have exactly the same midfield and rucks but still managed to get 8 players of $450k or higher compared to your 5. I agree with Turly, too many midpricers. Not much tweaking to fix that though.

Just thinking out loud.....

I have got a fwd and back spine I am happy with. And my midfield is settled.

Time to tweak. .... or it that twerk? :p

So I've settled on Walker, McVeigh, Mitchell and Suckers with McDonald as backs.

Forwards of Dangerfield, Martin... taking the punt on Mitchell and Zorko (one could change to a round 9er)

Rucks Jacobs and Sandi (I've seen Jacobs training his agility is way up on last year, might not be top scoring but confident of good scores from him)

So I penciled in Ablett, Pendles, Cotchin, Scooter and Beams.

4 round 8 mids raises a flag.

When looking at byes overall it was easy for me to be round 10 heavy, even with the 3 or 4 round 8 mids.

I reckon Cotchin is a good pick. He will have learned from last year. I reckon he'll improve his average and be a good value pick.

I looked at Jobe, but now the benefits of AOD have worn off I have doubts he'll be top 6. Especially early on.

Beams is a lock, non-negotiable.
Ablett is Ablett, the son of god.

So with the Pies playing Crowley 1st up my gaze was cast upon Pendles. What if I put Rockliff in? Should get good scores. Rnd 10 bye tick.

Let's look Ablett, Rockliff, Cotchin, Scooter, Beams. Hmm

Ablett, Pendles, Rockliff, Cotchin Beams...

Ablett, Pendles, Rockliff, Cornes, Beams

Ablett, Rockliff, Cotchin, Cornes, Beams

Oh wait, I haven't even looked at Murphy or Thomas......

ARRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGG

This midfield is doing my head in!

Sent from my GT-I9295 using Tapatalk

i think im getting closer, any suggestions? have 37.7k left.

xa8o.png

Like it a lot. Ruck cover would be my only concern. What if they go down or are rested which seems likely esp for Sandi . Having Dixon or Hale in the forward line as cover would give you a bit of insurance. Maybe swap Pav out for one of these to help avoid a big fat zero in your rucks. Be a shame to burn a trade if they are rested early.

Anyone thinking of taking a chance on Jaxon Macrae. Was watching him last night and this kid can seriously play. Priced nicely at 331k and has had scored 106 and 123 in his 2 NAB cup games. Would almost be a lock to start round 1 one would think

Anyone thinking of taking a chance on Jaxon Macrae. Was watching him last night and this kid can seriously play. Priced nicely at 331k and has had scored 106 and 123 in his 2 NAB cup games. Would almost be a lock to start round 1 one would think

Super talent, both he and Stevens have had stellar pre-seasons. With some high end mid rookies available this year however I think it would be better to pick them and invest more on other lines where the rookies are thin (specifically the forwards).

Super talent, both he and Stevens have had stellar pre-seasons. With some high end mid rookies available this year however I think it would be better to pick them and invest more on other lines where the rookies are thin (specifically the forwards).
Was thinking the same. Macrae as your 5th mid who can average over 100 as opposed to a 600k mid who might average the same means you can have an extra premium either forward or back where rookies and mid pricers are pretty scarce

Was thinking the same. Macrae as your 5th mid who can average over 100 as opposed to a 600k mid who might average the same means you can have an extra premium either forward or back where rookies and mid pricers are pretty scarce

Macrae wont average over 100, he's had a super preseason but when the real stuff starts he's not going to be given so much latitude. Not even the super premiums averaged over 100 (or even close) in their second season.

What I meant was that it is probably better investing in some of the rookies (Ellis, Polec, Michie etc.) who are all potential 75+ ppg players than mid-pricers in the midfield who in all probability wont average significantly more (there are always exceptions but they are hard to nail). Dale Thomas is probably the exception here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back