Teams Your 2014 SC team Version 5.0 (Final adjustments)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok I think I'm happy, kinda, still trying to have a bit in the bank this time so this leaves me with $340k

BACK: Mitchell, Hanley, Simpson, Suckling, McDonald, Martin (Langdon, Laidler)
MID: Ablett, Pendles, Liber, Beams, Thomas, Macrae, Polec, Dunstan (Ellis, Crouch)
RUCK: Pyke, Sandilands (Thurlow, King)
FORWARD: Dangerfield, Martin, Caddy, Daniher, Higgins, Rohan (JKH, Impey)

Forward line is a bit thin I know, tossed up changing Daniher to Roughead or Parker/Mitchell .. but figure I'll be doing some upgrading soon there anyways, and Daniher does have job security. Higgins won't last beyond the bye (or 10mins into the first quarter in round 1, either way).
Suckling I'm unsure about, maybe change to webster. Thomas also unsure, maybe upgrade to another premium.

But the current set up gives me what I sort of want to achieve, which is at least $300k in the bank.

Incredably under prepared this year, too much time spent on NRL Supercoach. First real team, some Round 1 teams really help.

ZehzfEW.png

Forward rookies are an issue and hoping for some named next week, if not reshuffle of team is needed.
your hawthorn bias shines through lol

WTF does that mean? EP if you want friends, go to another forum.
Blimey.:rolleyes::oops:

We're touchy tonight, aren't we? It was a lame joke taking the pi$$ out of your username, nothing more, nothing less. I don't see how that is trying to make friends.

Anyhoo, let's get back on topic, F8 is doing my head in. McDonough looks like vest material, JKH looks like the only viable alternative under 150k.

Hi all,
So... just started tinkering with my team. What do people think of this:
DEF: Mcveigh, Mitchell (S), Simpson, Suckling, Webster, L. McDonald, Langford, Langdon
MID: Ablett, Pendles, Watson, J., Vince, Beams, Polec, X. Ellis, Michie, Dunstan, Crouch
RUC: Ryder, Andi, Thurlow, King
FWD: Danger, Roughie, Martin, Caddy, Higgins, Rohan, Impey, Kennedy-Harris

Tear to shreds!! :)

Cheers

First time i've seen you post. You come up with that shit, I just think you maybe stunted in the department of talking with adults. Thats all.
Your original post in this thread is angstworthy flog.
I'm actually flattered my post has made you so emotionally agitated. Please don't try and engage in conversation with me any further. You're embarrassing us both.

Hi all,
So... just started tinkering with my team. What do people think of this:
DEF: Mcveigh, Mitchell (S), Simpson, Suckling, Webster, L. McDonald, Langford, Langdon
MID: Ablett, Pendles, Watson, J., Vince, Beams, Polec, X. Ellis, Michie, Dunstan, Crouch
RUC: Ryder, Andi, Thurlow, King
FWD: Danger, Roughie, Martin, Caddy, Higgins, Rohan, Impey, Kennedy-Harris

Tear to shreds!! :)

Cheers

Why Webster?
Do you think Impey will play many games?
What do you think Vince's end of season average will be?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why Webster?
Do you think Impey will play many games?
What do you think Vince's end of season average will be?

Webster is risky, but much in the def at the low end... Laidler better? (or someone else?)
As long as he plays 3. :) Again not much in the FWDs...
Vince is risky, but hopefully a POD and I would like to hope he continues NAB form on (for what it is worth)

Thanks for your feedback!

Feel OK with where my side is at ATM but I do have 133k left over. Not sure if I could spend it better as I have been staring at it for too long and upgrades to certain players dont seem to work. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

sc3.jpg

your hawthorn bias shines through lol

Yeah only Mitchell, Hill, McEvoy and Roughead are the locks. Sucklings already gone others are more so there because I'll have another week to play. Anyway back to NRL Supercoach, Fifita, Gallen and SBW all gone after the first week, team is a mess.

I think this is going to be my final, go ahead team...probs to about 8am tomorrow

Mitchell, McVeigh, Simpson, Swallow (lol) Webster, Mcdonald, Cameron Langdon

Gablett, Jack, Beams, Murph, Daisy, Michie, Ellis, Polec, Dunstan Lemmens

Nicholls, Sandivag, Thurlow, Currie

Danger, pav, Martin, Mitchell, Higgins, Kennedy, Mcdonuts, JKH

Thoughts?

Webster is risky, but much in the def at the low end... Laidler better? (or someone else?)
As long as he plays 3. :) Again not much in the FWDs...
Vince is risky, but hopefully a POD and I would like to hope he continues NAB form on (for what it is worth)

Thanks for your feedback!

I can understand the temptation to run a 200-250k def at D5, but don't think it will work out. I guess you can always downgrade to a rookie if it doesn't. I actually think Griffiths might be a better choice at 230k, but you would think would be likely for the red vest. I have Suckling at D5, in the hope he will go close to being a keeper by season's end or a late upgrade, but if early signs are poor then I would probably downgrade him.

Why only 3 games from Impey? Might be stuck around 150k after that and not worth a trade at that price. Yes I agree not much in the fwd rookies, tough choice to make for F8.

Any mid over 400k I would want to average at least 110 to be a potential keeper, I don't see Vince going close to that, especially in a bottom 4 side.

I can understand the temptation to run a 200-250k def at D5, but don't think it will work out. I guess you can always downgrade to a rookie if it doesn't. I actually think Griffiths might be a better choice at 230k, but you would think would be likely for the red vest. I have Suckling at D5, in the hope he will go close to being a keeper by season's end or a late upgrade, but if early signs are poor then I would probably downgrade him.

Why only 3 games from Impey? Might be stuck around 150k after that and not worth a trade at that price. Yes I agree not much in the fwd rookies, tough choice to make for F8.

Any mid over 400k I would want to average at least 110 to be a potential keeper, I don't see Vince going close to that, especially in a bottom 4 side.

Hmmmmm.... thank you for your thoughts... definitely got me scratching my head :)

Late night tonight lol!

Going of your team now, how many ideal keepers do you have currently?

I like you. Petrie :thumbsu: Grundy :confused: Bartel o_O
I don't trust ruckmen. One elite and one reliable ruck. I'm treating Sandi as an elite still, despite his price.

Never question Gentleman Jim.

And Double the Fist, I'd completely forgotten he was a rookie still. Had a mindblank and thought he'd been upgraded. He's not long for this world in my team unless he gets upgraded shortly.

I like the rest of your team, so I think you are close. Do you have much cash left over?
Only have about $22K left over. The DEF and FWD rookies are hard especially thinking guys that will get regular gigs.
What's your thoughts on Jesse Hogan?
Thanks mate!

Only have about $22K left over. The DEF and FWD rookies are hard especially thinking guys that will get regular gigs.
What's your thoughts on Jesse Hogan?
Thanks mate!

Hogan's out for at least the first few rounds with a back injury. Probably not a great cash generator anyway at around 220k.

I've actually toyed with the idea of Thurlow at F8 and Ben Brown at R4, if no other fwd rookie options are available. Don't think I will do it but may use as a last resort. If McDonough isn't named as sub I will go with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back