Teams Your 2014 SC team Version 5.0 (Final adjustments)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't start with K.Simpson, better value picks then him like Hanley, Enright, Birchall etc. See him dropping in price and will pickup later in the year. Same with D.Heppell, I see him getting more attention then last year and his score will slightly decrease. Minson is overpriced. Like the choice of Mumford, I've picked him also. Forward line is 1 rookie to much.

Who would you trade Minson for?

Good day all, I'm a bit stuck and was wondering if you guys had any ideas. First the team:
Def : Mitchell, Mackie, Henderson, Swallow, Suckling, Laidler (McDonald, Georgiou)

Mid : Ablett, Fyfe, Murphy, Beams, Greene, Thomas, Tyson, Ellis (Polec, Dunstan)

Ruck : Hampson, Sandilands (Thurlow, King)

Fwd : Danger, Cloke, Mitchell, Gunstan, Caddy, Rohan (JKH, Impey)

11k left

I'm a bit worried about the backline and rucks, they have the potential to score big, or completely destroy the team... Any feedback appreciated.

If you going for heaps of POD's then maybe think of going -

Backs: Mackie > Harry Taylor, Henderson (injured) > Hurn

Mids: Greene > Vince/Macrae/Shiels or downgrade to Aish/Michie and then use cash to upgrade everywhere

Rucks: Hampson > Hickey

Forwards: Mitchell > Parker, Caddy > Hawkins

Some of these might not be real POD's but probably have good scoring potential

I think daisy is better value at M5 I like duncan as a player hes just not quiet the soild high scorer in SC.

Fair point but just liked the way he looked when he played in the Nab challenge games, he looks like he has put on a bit of size and is ready to average 100+ this year. Also saw some good signs from him late last year when he was starting to get a good number of disposals (averaged 24 touches in his last 10 games). And is also a goal kicking midfielder which is SC is gold.

I wouldn't start with K.Simpson, better value picks then him like Hanley, Enright, Birchall etc. See him dropping in price and will pickup later in the year. Same with D.Heppell, I see him getting more attention then last year and his score will slightly decrease. Minson is overpriced. Like the choice of Mumford, I've picked him also. Forward line is 1 rookie to much.
Simpson has better consistancy and you know your going to get 90-100 a week wheras Hanley and Birchall have too many fluctuations in scores They could either give give you 50 one week or 120 the next

Will move Langdon to DEF and bring in Crouch to MID bench.
Thoughts on Rohan v McDonough?

Both higher priced rookies and very risky as neither are a lock to play 8-10 games early on and both also are very likely candidates for the vest more often than not

Will move Langdon to DEF and bring in Crouch to MID bench.
Thoughts on Rohan v McDonough?
Rohan good JS prob some shite scores not much money to be made.(could be wrong).
Have not seen Mc nuts play people on there think he will score more but shite js.I think i will go with rohan till kersten is ready to roll.

Fair point but just liked the way he looked when he played in the Nab challenge games, he looks like he has put on a bit of size and is ready to average 100+ this year. Also saw some good signs from him late last year when he was starting to get a good number of disposals (averaged 24 touches in his last 10 games). And is also a goal kicking midfielder which is SC is gold.
Yuup Duncan could have a breakout SC season.its risky i hope it plays off,if he had dpp i would be all over him.

Thoughts on this please?

B: McVeigh, Mitchell, Hodge, Suckling, McDonald, Cameron (Langdon, Langford)
M: Ablett, Pendles, Watson, Beams, Tyson, Aish, Mitchie, Polec (Dunston, Crouch)
R: Mumford, Sandi (Thurlow, King)
F: Danger, Martin, Roughy, Gray, Caddy, Higgins (Lloyd, JKH)

Thoughts? Not many people going with Hodge, any reason? Also a bit unsure on Mumford or who to go with at R1.
Also Robbie Gray worries me but unsure of who else to go with.

Simpson has better consistancy and you know your going to get 90-100 a week wheras Hanley and Birchall have too many fluctuations in scores They could either give give you 50 one week or 120 the next

Hanley out of 20 games last year scored only 3 scores under 70 (49,42,55). The 49 against Collingwood he had a hard tag on him by B.Macaffer, the 42 against Geelong he was groggy after getting a high hit from S.Johnson and the 55 was against GSW when he was subbed off at half time. See Hanley getting more time in the midfield and should average 100+ easily.

Thoughts on this please?

B: McVeigh, Mitchell, Hodge, Suckling, McDonald, Cameron (Langdon, Langford)
M: Ablett, Pendles, Watson, Beams, Tyson, Aish, Mitchie, Polec (Dunston, Crouch)
R: Mumford, Sandi (Thurlow, King)
F: Danger, Martin, Roughy, Gray, Caddy, Higgins (Lloyd, JKH)

Thoughts? Not many people going with Hodge, any reason? Also a bit unsure on Mumford or who to go with at R1.
Also Robbie Gray worries me but unsure of who else to go with.

I'm in the same boat with R.Gray. I just see a lot of upside with him. I had C.Wingard in my side for 99% of the pre-season till last week. Has had 2 years since doing his ACL and got though the season last year playing 18 games. Averaged 97 points in his last 10 games last year. Has had a solid pre-season this year and looked good to the practice games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Backs : McVeigh, Mitchell, Grimes, Suckling, L McDonald, Laidler (Langdon, Georgiou)
Mids : Ablett, Pendlebury, Watson, Kennedy, Vince, Tyson, Aish, Polec (Ellis, Crouch)
Ruck : Lobbe, Sandilands (Thurlow, King)
Fwds : Dangerfield, Wingard, Roughead, Caddy, Higgins, Billings (Kennedy-Harris, Honeychurch)

$37,800 left

Any glaring oversights here? Anything I've missed? Can I do something better?

Backs : McVeigh, Mitchell, Grimes, Suckling, L McDonald, Laidler (Langdon, Georgiou)
Mids : Ablett, Pendlebury, Watson, Kennedy, Vince, Tyson, Aish, Polec (Ellis, Crouch)
Ruck : Lobbe, Sandilands (Thurlow, King)
Fwds : Dangerfield, Wingard, Roughead, Caddy, Higgins, Billings (Kennedy-Harris, Honeychurch)

$37,800 left

Any glaring oversights here? Anything I've missed? Can I do something better?
Grimes at D3 little risky and Georgiou i think is still rookie listed so wont play RD1.
High price mid rookie on the pine:eek:.
Dont think billings has played yet unsure on him krk004 whats the story on billings:).

Okay, having taken the advice of looking through this thread and applying the details I have come to the following;

DEF: J McVeigh - S Mitchell - K Simpson - D Swallow - L McDonald - J Laidler - (W Langford) - (T Langdon)
MID: G Ablett - S Pendlebury - T Liberatore - M Murphy - D Beams - D Tyson - J Polec - X Ellis - (L Dunstan) - (M Crouch)
RUC: R Warnock - A Sandilands - (T Dedrickx) - (F Thurlow)
FWD: P Dangerfield - J Roughead - J Gunston - J Caddy - S Higgins - J Kennedy-Harris - (M McDonough) - (J Impey)

What are my glaring mistakes now? (Probably Higgins at F5 but not too unhappy there) Any suggestions to improve it from here? Only have 4.5k to upgrade

Thanks

Grimes at D3 little risky and Georgiou i think is still rookie listed so wont play RD1.
High price mid rookie on the pine:eek:.
Dont think billings has played yet unsure on him krk004 whats the story on billings:).

Played all 3 NAB games, ave only 17, yet played 154 mins, was vested in each game IIRC,

Can play and will be a Gun, but,

Better options, especially given his price & big vest risk, IMO

SC-team1.jpeg.png

Team put together quickly over my lunch break so a few changes to come...

I suspect the forward line is a bit weak/risky?

What do people think of Shiels as a possible cash cow? Scores of 99 135 110 in the three NAB games. Could be a breakthrough year but haven't seen him in too many teams.

$155k left in the bank.

Appreciate any advice...

View attachment 46675

What do people think of Shiels as a possible cash cow? Scores of 99 135 110 in the three NAB games. Could be a breakthrough year but haven't seen him in too many teams.

$155k left in the bank.

Appreciate any advice...

Not bad mate.
Like the backline. Hopefully Webster delivers.

I'd personally only go with 1 of Thomas or Shiels.
If Langford doesn't take on the taggers role, forget Shiels because he will return to tagging.

Downgrade one to Josh Kelly/Luke Dunstan
Upgrade Rohan to best available.

Much better balance and you should do well.
Good Luck.

Okay, having taken the advice of looking through this thread and applying the details I have come to the following;

DEF: J McVeigh - S Mitchell - K Simpson - D Swallow - L McDonald - J Laidler - (W Langford) - (T Langdon)
MID: G Ablett - S Pendlebury - T Liberatore - M Murphy - D Beams - D Tyson - J Polec - X Ellis - (L Dunstan) - (M Crouch)
RUC: R Warnock - A Sandilands - (T Dedrickx) - (F Thurlow)
FWD: P Dangerfield - J Roughead - J Gunston - J Caddy - S Higgins - J Kennedy-Harris - (M McDonough) - (J Impey)

What are my glaring mistakes now? (Probably Higgins at F5 but not too unhappy there) Any suggestions to improve it from here? Only have 4.5k to upgrade

Thanks
Very solid. Warnock in ruck my only major quesiton. Laidler will not score well IMO and his JS is not certain.

View attachment 46675

$155k left in the bank.

Appreciate any advice...
My concern with shiels is that he will go back to tagging roles once the season starts. The selection of Langford will help shiels be a free ranging mid

I mean, Boomer's uncanny hitting targets inside 5, but there's a chance he could retire as early as the next 4-5 years.

If Boomer is playing in 4 years it will be a miracle. Surely he has no more than two seasons to go?

Very solid. Warnock in ruck my only major quesiton. Laidler will not score well IMO and his JS is not certain.

I had McEvoy and Daisy Thomas. I downgraded to Warnock to upgrade to Murphy. Warnock's flying and I expect him to do well over the first month of the season which will inflate his price a little bit so that I can use a couple of trades to upgrade to a premo ruck. Better going the other way?

Pet hate.

Teams that aren't a screenshot.

Just sayin' o_O
SCteam.jpg

Except Billings is now Rohan...

That took too long! Cropping and saving and stuff! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back