Your bogey team and the team you have the wood over

Remove this Banner Ad

For the Tigers.

Bogey would definitely be the Kangaroos, the one team we haven't beaten for a long time, and of course lost to in the McCartney comeback game.

Don't think we have the wood over any team really.

For the Tigers.

Bogey would definitely be the Kangaroos, the one team we haven't beaten for a long time, and of course lost to in the McCartney comeback game.

Don't think we have the wood over any team really.
Brisbane:p Haven't beaten Richmond since 2004. Looks like the same old story in 2009, I hope I am wrong though;)

Collingwood don't have the wood over Geelong. The past 4 and 10 games have been split evenly.

Hawthorn have the wood over Geelong.
Don't forget to tell the other Cats posters in here who put Collingwood down as your bogey side. I see that we match up very well on Geelong and despite the fact that your list has been superior in recent years we have been able to run extremly close and beat you (by big margins) on many occassions. I don't really think that Geelong is a side we have the wood over as our last 4 games are 4 each. I just put them there coz it looks nice. :p

We probably have our best records over Collingwood and Freo atm.

Sydney own us, as to have the Eagles for a while, and we must be the only team that can not beat Richmond ever:D

Bogey side is no question Hawthorn, who have won 39 of the last 57 games against the Cats, and i think about 29 of the 40 games since the Bruns incident when he headbutted Matthew's elbow, which seemed to gel the Hawks against us nice and proper.

As far as ownership goes, since the name Gary Ablett first appeared in a Geelong guernsey against the Tigers in Rd 10 1984, Geelong have won 33 and lost 8 to the Yellow and Black. In a similar time frame, and perhaps a little surprising since St.Kilda have been reasonably regular finallists since 1991, Geelong has won 31 and lost 12 in that time to them.

Geelong tellingly though have lost four finals in succession to both the Eagles and Hawthorn...they are sides that beat us when they need to. No surprise that in Geelong's finals campaigns since 1989, on six occasions has those two sides been the one to apply the sword, ending any Cat hopes of a flag.

Bogey: Port, Hawthorn (haven't beaten the hawks recently).
Wood: Carlton and West Coast to an extent.
I would agree though this year was a bit of a suprise.
It's hard because factoring in this year..... well most teams beat us.
We usually (before this season) were fairly good against both North Melbourne and the Bulldogs.
Taking this year into account I'd say our only real wood is Adelaide.
Bogey is definately Port Adelaide. Noteable mention to Essendon, yet we have won the last two and lost by only a point in the 3rd most recent match.

Essendon as well until this year.

When was the last time we actually beat freakin' Adelaide. When Leigh Brown kicked those six back in 2004?

(Lovely kick of the football that Leigh Brown)
im was trying to remember a few kangas v adelaide game and the only 1 i can remember is when kangas were like 3-14 to adelaide 3-18. The scores r not right but i remember it was something like that. it was probably the 1 of the most painful games i have ever watched. it seemed impossible to kick a goal that game.

still remember laughing for about 10 min when he kangas guy ran into the goal square and booted the ball and missed the goals:D

horrible match though:thumbsdown:

Wood - Until the second game this year, Brisbane since 2005 and Richmond until our draw this year:(

Bogey - Sydney, St Kilda until this year when we beat the saints twice and the Swans three times :D ongoing Bogey - North Melbourne since 2004, also Carlton have beaten us the past two years - although they have been stupid games.

Because you put "recently" I'll concede it. You smashed us twice in 2008 admittedly, and you pipped us by 8 points in 2007, after we hit the front late in that match, but we did win the 4 before that against you. You've won 3 out of your last 7 against us.

Hence the recently.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wood: Essendon, Melb, Pies (I just loving playing the pies in finals) :)
Bogey: North (we dont seem to know how to beat them), Blues (we always loss its annoying) :(

Bogey: Port, Hawthorn (haven't beaten the hawks recently).
thats a funnyone, cause essendon haven't beaten us since 02 i think (though that game was ours with the solomon goal that was kicked by hay)
and before that i dont think we had beaten essendon for about 8 or 9 years
so if you look over that last 20 yeaRS the record is pretty even. whAT I just wrote was a massive waste of time

Collingwood, West Coast & Brisbane seem to form a strange sort of triangle. West Coast are Brisbane's bogey side (although this has waned with the Lions winning 2 of the last 3 over the Eagles); Brisbane are Collingwood's bogey side, handing out some terrible hidings to the Magpies over the last decade; and Collingwood (along with Port Adelaide) are a bogey side of the West Coast Eagles.

Wood: Collingwood(as of late), Western Bulldogs, Port Adelaide
Bogey: Sydney, St.Kilda

Mate I think Carlton have beaten us maybe 3 times this decade, hardly the wood.

Wood: Essendon, Saints, West Coast

Bogey: Swans. Used to be North but we have smashed them in 3 of their most important games over the last 3 years which pretty much buries that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Your bogey team and the team you have the wood over

Remove this Banner Ad

Back