Remove this Banner Ad

FB: Paton Howard Wilkie
HB: Coffield Battle Clark
C:Billings Steele (C) Jones
HF: Lonie Membrey Sinclair
FF: Butler King Kent
R: Marshall Dunstan Gresham
I/C: Long, Hind, Langlands, Bytel

Most named played senior footy last year as a result of most of our over 25s having never playing for us before or spending most of 2019 injured. King and Bytel are the only two that haven't, but I named them since they are both rated highly from their junior form and both have a lot of hype around them.

Overall, a good team. The strongest part is our key position players - would like another key forward but that could easily be Battle and one our our many key defenders replaces him.
I like your side. Some great young KKP talent and players like Billings, Gresham and Clark are all supremely talented. I still think what the Saints need is a gun, young mid. Clark could become that as soon as 2020 maybe? But even so having an A grade mid under the age of 25 would propel the Saints into a guaranteed top 8 side as opposed to on the fringes I reckon.

B Gardiner Andrews Answerth
HB Ah Chee Payne Witherden
C McCluggage E.Smith Bailey
HF Rayner Hipwood Cox
F Coleman McStay Cameron
R McInerney J.Berry Robertson
I Skinner Starcevich Hinge T.Berry

I only listed players who I see as a genuine chance of becoming a best 22 player for us next season. The only two who are probably a stretch in that regard in my mind are Sam Skinner and Tom Berry and maybe Keidean Coleman although with the NEAFL form he was displaying early this year he would've been called up to the seniors had he been on our list(confirmed by our coaching staff). Bolded are the players who were best 22 in 2019.

Last edited:
He kick a bag against us or something?

Simpkin, meh. Ahern has no defensive side to his game. Struggled to get a game for a below average side. Just an accumulator on his best days. Dumont is very vanilla and typical of North Melbourne. B grader at best. I recall North fans wanting to trade him at the end of the season as well. LDU is average. I don’t get the hype. What’s he ever done? Looks like a bust. Anderson is a bit of a plodder. Cracks in but has little talent. Bonar; there’s a reason why GWS were happy to piss him off cheaply. I’d be surprised if he makes it. Deer in the headlights, not to mention his injury concerns.

Seriously, you’d struggle to find many people outside of North Melbourne supporters that actually rate these guys. Thomas will be a star, I’ll give you that. Hopefully you can hang onto him.
North has a very promising bunch of kids coming thru
LDU is about 20 and just needs games under his belt like Simpkin did
Simpkin has what it takes
Bonar can play!
Anderson is a wrecking ball
Bailey Scott looks a prospect
Nick Larkey will be a Star!
Add Tarryn Thomas and Cam Zurhaar and that is some serious young talent,

Sorry the quotes are long but I'll put in bold my captain preferences and notes are bolded and italicised where need be.
Touk Miller was an actual vice captain so probably gets the nod over Fiorini.
Brayden not voted in leadership group last year but reports are he is a good young leader so not a bad choice.

Do you think you blokes will hit the draft hard over the next few seasons? Not much coming through there outside of Thomas and Larkey.
I agree,
I read that North squad and thought gross
Handful of AFL players at best at the moment.
Certainly potential for some younger guys to come through though - a decent way off it ATM.

I agree,
I read that North squad and thought gross
Handful of AFL players at best at the moment.
Certainly potential for some younger guys to come through though - a decent way off it ATM.
Interesting and what is your take on the suns

another spoon next year? But this time no more afl assistance

Touk Miller was an actual vice captain so probably gets the nod over Fiorini.
Brayden not voted in leadership group last year but reports are he is a good young leader so not a bad choice.

I was thinking Touk but I also thought "would he want that responsibility?"

I feel that captaincy is Fiorini's future.

Indeed it is
As for far better u25 talent id disagree

you’ve got more high end draft picks gifted sure but that doesn’t translate to a better team
Better layers doesn't make a better team, correct.

FWIW this would be my GC u25 team atm. Flanders the late in if emergency required.

McLennan Collins Joyce
Lukosius Ballard Weller
Powell Bowes Fiorini
Ainsworth Corbett Anderson
Rankine King Macpherson

Wright Brodie Rowell

I: Miller, Holman, Lemmens, Burgess

e: Budarick, Sharp, Flanders, Rosas, Riordan + others who i don't rate.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I like your side. Some great young KKP talent and players like Billings, Gresham and Clark are all supremely talented. I still think what the Saints need is a gun, young mid. Clark could become that as soon as 2020 maybe? But even so having an A grade mid under the age of 25 would propel the Saints into a guaranteed top 8 side as opposed to on the fringes I reckon.
I definitely think Clark will end up being that A grade mid we need but I think next season he will still split his time between midfield and defence before becoming a full time midfielder in 2021.

For next season, I think Gresh will be the one to take that step. He shed a few kgs over the off season and seems to have improved his fitness base. Plus, with us bringing in a known goal kicker in Butler and if Lonie stays fit, then Gresh won't be relied upon as much forward so could establish himself more in the midfield. And I think if we release Steele from tagging duties, he is primed to go to the next level as a midfielder.

North has a very promising bunch of kids coming thru
LDU is about 20 and just needs games under his belt like Simpkin did
Simpkin has what it takes
Bonar can play!
Anderson is a wrecking ball
Bailey Scott looks a prospect
Nick Larkey will be a Star!
Add Tarryn Thomas and Cam Zurhaar and that is some serious young talent,
Their youth would be ranked bottom four for mine. Not one of those players will be A grade besides Thomas.

Indeed it is
As for far better u25 talent id disagree

you’ve got more high end draft picks gifted sure but that doesn’t translate to a better team

Dude that GC team is stacked with talent, it's absolutely better than North and nearly every other team.

If thats the case, then why hasnt it turned Gold coast suns into a finals side?

Probably because half of them are teenagers and played f*** all, not rocket science.

Doesn't takeaway from the talent they have, whether or not they can develop it is a different question.

Probably because half of them are teenagers and played f*** all, not rocket science.

Doesn't takeaway from the talent they have, whether or not they can develop it is a different question.

Develop and more importantly retain. Lots of similar high draft picks in 2010 or so didn't achieve much

I think North are going ok list wise but they need to nail the 2020 draft
Could see us splitting one of our 2 first rounders and ending up with 3 first rounders next year

with all the bids to come on academy players we can take advantage of helping others get ahead of bids

Last edited:
Williams Taylor Ash
Cumming Idun Perryman
Whitfield Kelly Caldwell
Daniels Himmelberg Riccardi
Hill Finlayson Langdon
Briggs Taranto Hopper
Hately OHalloran Green Shipley

Last edited:
FB: L.Ryan/G.Logue/T.Duman
HB: H.Young/A.Pearce/E.Hughes

C: J.Aish/A.Brayshaw/D.Tucker