Your Clubs ex-cult hero we've all forgotten about....

Remove this Banner Ad

haha Darryl Poole what a legend.

I heard he drove through the social club wall at Port Districts after they won the premiership one year after doing doeys on the oval.

Other Cult legends that come to mind.

Scotty Cummings
Donald Dickie
Steve Brosnan

Phil 'Snakes' Baker from North Melbourne in the 70's
Robbie 'Mad-dog' Muir (St Kilda)
Peter 'Buzz' Busustow (Carlton)
Robbie 'Mad-Dog' McGhie (Richmond)
Silvio Foschini (Syd/St K)
James 'The Freak' Morrissey (Haw)
Allen Jakovich (Melb)
Tony 'Budgie' Buhagiar(Ess)

Not all forgotten, but did have some sort of cult following at their clubs.

A couple of favourites of mine...

Luke O Sullivan - used to ki k some ripper goals on the run
Mil 'the Cranium' Hanna - his dashes down the wing at Princes Park were a sight to behold
Ron DeIulio - hard nut who knew where the goals were

The cult heros are Carlton nowdays are probably Setanta O hAilpin and Eddie Betts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From Fitzroy, Mark Zanotti

Anyone remember him, what a guy !! He used to abuse spectators at games who used to bag him from the terraces !!!

Anyhow Percy Jones and Val Perovic are more ones from the past ..
I love the story of Paul 'Molly' Meldrum as well, and the legend of how he alleged to have been 'recruited' to the club ...

Fraser Brown is another legend, esp as it appears he never narked on the club whilst it was being investigated for SC breaches.

Another vote for Ang Christou!! :)

The big WOOF that went around the MCG everytime he kicked the ball was tremendous. I will never forget trying to explain to my then 3yo niece what everyone was saying!! :thumbsu::thumbsu:

From Fitzroy, Mark Zanotti

Anyone remember him, what a guy !! He used to abuse spectators at games who used to bag him from the terraces !!!

Anyhow Percy Jones and Val Perovic are more ones from the past ..
I love the story of Paul 'Molly' Meldrum as well, and the legend of how he alleged to have been 'recruited' to the club ...

Fraser Brown is another legend, esp as it appears he never narked on the club whilst it was being investigated for SC breaches.
was going to mention zanotti also. the bloke was a knob. johnny platten deserves a mention as does tucky.

Remove this Banner Ad

Your Clubs ex-cult hero we've all forgotten about....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back