Your favourite Premiership? (07, 09, or 11)

Favourite Premiership?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

2009 for me.

I partied harder in 2007, and last year was the icing on the cake, but the feeling I had in 2009 When I knew we had it won with about 90 seconds to go, was the greatest feeling i've ever had in footy.

I agree.

While 2009 doesn't have the highlights of '07 or '11 and is the one I've watched least of the three it is my favorite for the following reasons:

- having followed the Cats since the late '80s, to win in such a workmanlike, gritty and gutsy manner wasn't something I'd really seen from a Geelong side in such an important match.

-that last quarter and how hard some of the players were going in, esp Max Rooke.

P.S. I've never crapped myself at a game as much as I did this one. Seriously, it was only after Max's three efforts that led to him kicking a point and putting us 7 points up that I thought we could win. From here until the siren went I agree with krisholio - it was the best feeling ever in footy, such a high high after the complete opposite the year before.

Sorry to intrude but saw one of my favourite Cat players out surfing at Bells this morning - the big melon himself, Brad Ottens !

Must say he had a very, very tidy young lady surfing with him - assume it's his partner ??? How lucky can this guy get - decorated AFL career, 3 flags and then gets to go surfing with his good looking missus !

Reminds me of an article in Tracks in the '80s where a guy wrote how great it was to surf all day with his lover and then jump in the sack for some jiggy-jiggy.

.....Of course he was talking about two blokes but you get the drift ........ :D

2009 for me,thought it was an awesome game,cant forget maxie throwing himself at the ball just a great game...

They were all very, very good.

2007 because it was the culmination of a brilliant season, where, just like the GF, we were virtually unrivalled. Furthermore it was the break in the premiership doubt, and the beginning of a premiership dynasty.

2009 was as hard fought a GF win as I have ever seen. Furthermore it was sweet retribution for 08, and it couldn't have occurred in a better season where, much like the Grand Final, we trailed St Kilda until the last minute.

Yet 2011 was the sweetest. 2010 was just such an upsetting end to what had been a great run and a great team. We were smashed off the field by a team that was "younger, quicker, better". The worst kept secret in AFL didn't take long to go even more public, and we lost our best player. Then we lost our Coach, and our president. It seemed like one relic of our fantastic run was going after the other. Nobody thought we'd be much in 2011. We were too old, too slow and going to slide down the bottom of the ladder. Whilst Collingwood, St Kilda and maybe even WB were going to contest, Geelong would be the new Sydney type team that would drift in the bottom half of the top 8 for a few years, but never make another legitimate attempt with the team we had. It was time to rebuild so on and so forth. And then came the 2011 season. We beat team, after team, after team, after team. It seemed like every week for the first month of two we defied the impossible before pundits, fellow teams and the general public started to take us seriously. Meanwhile we just kept on winning. Beat the clear Premiership favourites in a nail biter, and then kept winning. Eventually we lost a handful of hard fought games by a small margin, and finished second. But we beat the teams we needed to beat, and won the Grand Final against the side everybody assumed would win it for the previous 12 months.

Never in my life had I been so proud to be a Cats supporter. That is why 2011 was the best.

Remove this Banner Ad

Your favourite Premiership? (07, 09, or 11)

Back