Your Ideal Side for Round 1 2011 + Delisting/Traded Out Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

Parrot, you're forgetting White. If Jamo goes out I expect us to go a bit taller to help each other:

FB: Russell, Austin, White
HB: Yarran, Bower, Duigan

Laidler is versatile though and could also be on the bench/sub

If Jamo is out, I think we should bring give Watson a game. A great way to ease him into AFL. Line up on Vickery R1 & Dixon R2. If he isn't working out then drop him for R3 when Jamo is available.

B: Russell *** Bower
HB: Yarran Watson Duigan

My worry is if Jamo gets rubbed out, who takes Jack out of White, Austin and Thornton? Is Austin 100% fit and ready for R1? Is the club will to back Thornton in? Or do we play White or Thornton out of the square and send Waite or Hendo back?

If Jamo is out, I think we should bring give Watson a game. A great way to ease him into AFL. Line up on Vickery R1 & Dixon R2. If he isn't working out then drop him for R3 when Jamo is available.

B: Russell *** Bower
HB: Yarran Watson Duigan

My worry is if Jamo gets rubbed out, who takes Jack out of White, Austin and Thornton? Is Austin 100% fit and ready for R1? Is the club will to back Thornton in? Or do we play White or Thornton out of the square and send Waite or Hendo back?

I'd probably play Watson in round 1 even if Jamo gets off.
Bower can play on Jack if worst comes to worst.

Jamo is out for 2 (unless we appeal).
I'd love to see Watson in the backline against our first 2 opponents.
Allthough I suspect White will get a bait if performs well against Geelong.

With Jamo out def give Watson a crack at Riewoldt. If he starts kicking goals then we put two players on him and the tiges wont score for the rest of the night.

Assuming jamo, ellard, kreuzer, mclean are missing.. my rd 1 side is

B Russell Watson Laidler
HB Duigan Bower Yarran
C Simpson Judd Scotland
HF Collins Waite Betts
F Garlett Hendo Hampson
Foll Warnock Murphy Gibbs
INT Armfield Carrazzo Curnow
Sub Walker

Unlucky- houlihan

With Jamo out def give Watson a crack at Riewoldt. If he starts kicking goals then we put two players on him and the tiges wont score for the rest of the night.

B Russell Watson Laidler
HB Duigan Bower Yarran
C Simpson Judd Scotland
HF Collins Waite Betts
F Garlett Hendo Hampson
Sub Walker

Unlucky- houlihan

looks solid:thumbsu:

B Russell Watson Laidler
HB Duigan Bower Yarran
C Simpson Judd Scotland
HF Collins Waite Betts
F Garlett Hendo Hampson
Sub Walker

Unlucky- houlihan

No Brock?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd like to see Laidler given a game. I don't mean as a direct replacement for Jamo, I just hope he gets his chance early on. Really think he can add some stability down back for us. Neat left foot as well.

I'd like to see Laidler given a game. I don't mean as a direct replacement for Jamo, I just hope he gets his chance early on. Really think he can add some stability down back for us. Neat left foot as well.
Laidler could be very handy, especially if Mitch Morton is playing forward.

Surprised at the lack of Armfield in some teams. I'd have him a definite in the best 22. Love the way he goes about it.

Not that I'm attempting a best 22 as it's an exercise in futility. Best leave the headaches for the MC. :)

I also have Army as a definite in our best 22. He's an absolute certainty IMO.

We're going to have to include Watson and/or Austin because otherwise we'll seriously lack defensive height. White is only 190cm,and Bower 192cm. I've been really impressed with Watson's one-on-one defensive ability thus far. He's a natural, and rarely gets beaten. Knows exactly how to position himself in contests, highly competitive, focused and cool. Plus that left foot is a weapon.

:)

Not that positions really matter that much, but wouldn't you go:

B: Russell White Duigan
HB: Laidler Bower Yarran
C: Simpson Gibbs Armfield
HF: Garlett Henderson Robinson
F: Betts Waite Walker
R: Warnock Judd Murphy

I/C: Collins Hampson Lucas Scotland

We're going to have to include Watson and/or Austin because otherwise we'll seriously lack defensive height. White is only 190cm,and Bower 192cm. I've been really impressed with Watson's one-on-one defensive ability thus far. He's a natural, and rarely gets beaten. Knows exactly how to position himself in contests, highly competitive, focused and cool. Plus that left foot is a weapon.

:)

I agree. I think he could find his feet quite quickly and play solid footy straight up.

I think asking Watson to play on the reigning coleman medallist in his 1st game might be asking a bit too much....

But i'd be all for seeing him rip apart Brad Miller and kick 60m bombs from CHB :thumbsu: :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Your Ideal Side for Round 1 2011 + Delisting/Traded Out Predictions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back