TheSaviour

Team Captain
Aug 26, 2006
London
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Australia.
Grant it I live in America...I was so passionate as a kid, honestly now I couldn't give a shit about anything related to this sham sport. Haven't seen St Kilda play in years, Don't know any players anymore...Just seems like the sport is a load of boring garbage, that a bunch of boring melbourners just prop up.

Waned slightly from when I was very little, but that's the nature of getting older, I guess. Some of you guys who come on once you lose interest in the sport and start ranting like it reflects on anything other than yourself are weird.

Well if I lived in America my interest would probably decline as well, as I'd start to watch more basketball, NFL and hockey.

Meh.

NBA is a joke, NFL is almost there, and hockey is great... it's just hard to find a game.

If you think it's a load or boring garbage, why post on a Footy forum?

First came across the sport when I lived in Australia a number of years ago, 3rd favourite sport after the GAA codes, The speed and athleticism of the game makes the games enjoyable to watch, think the sport would be better if there was less rucks and a sideline kick was introduced.

However I do think the Essendon scandal and the AFL's very lenient punishment for what were disgraceful and criminal acts has rightly or wrongly tainted my view on aussie football and that in turn has caused my intrest to dip a bit this season!

Grant it I live in America...I was so passionate as a kid, honestly now I couldn't give a shit about anything related to this sham sport. Haven't seen St Kilda play in years, Don't know any players anymore...Just seems like the sport is a load of boring garbage, that a bunch of boring melbourners just prop up.

I didn't realise London was in America. I'll be damned.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haven't seen St Kilda play in years, Don't know any players anymore...Just seems like the sport is a load of boring garbage, that a bunch of boring melbourners just prop up.

Well then you are clearly the best qualified person to judge.

I bet Gil MacLachlan is running around like a headless chook at AFL HQ about the prospect of losing your support.

Alright then.

**** off.

No matter which way you look at it there are huge numbers of people who are disenchanted with our game.
Subjects like the Rules, Interpretations of the rules, Bumps, racism, off field discretions, etc etc are all people talk about in regards to our game now.

There was only three things once that were ever discussed about footy, Did we win?, Why did we lose? and Bad umpiring.
The game has been run so badly that even the umpires are not abused anymore, the poor buggers like us have not got a clue what is happening from week to week.

Unfortunately we don't have the option to go and watch our great game elsewhere, we are stuck with this new sport and we keep supporting it because we like our clubs and the AFL know we will keep going so they will continue to stuff the sport up.

I have only half and if that the passion for the sport I once lived and breathed. I watch less footy now than ever. I dream of my great game returning but I know its gone forever now. That is sad for me but I also understand the young people know nothing different and they are who the AFL markets to.

Well if I lived in America my interest would probably decline as well, as I'd start to watch more basketball, NFL and hockey.
Three of the most boring sports you could ever watch.

It certainly has me second guessing, the evident amounts of corruption I wouldn't put any rumour passed them.

Essendon saga has made it easier for everyone by exposing the afl to show everyone how it operates.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back