Prediction Your rd 1 team in 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Besides B Crouch this is pretty much the same team that led us to 12th this year. We need to look some new blood. Hoping Jones & McAdam & McHenry get games over Atkins, Mackay, Douglas etc. Gallucci & Fog need to become mainstays.

We also need to test ROB to see if he can take over from Jacobs and if not we need to go hard for one in 2019.
We lacked speed and forward line pressure so we went out and grabbed half a dozen quick players, including 3 small quick small forwards. If we can’t fit a couple of this 6 in when we’ve identified a shortcoming we are silly.

Brown keath doedee
Laird talia milera
Smith b crouch seedsman
Sloane tex gallucci
Betts jenkins mcadam

Sauce m crouch gibbs
Emerg. Douglas murphy fogarty mckay

I see mcadam as the dark horse to to sneak into the team round 1

Edit..i left out lynch by accident..he comes in on a flank and gallucci goes to the bench and mckay goes out

Last edited:

Brown Talia Doedee
Laird Keath Smith

Seeds Sloane Atkins

Lynch Tex Knight
Betts Jenkins McAdam

Jacobs Matt Brad

I/C Greenwood Gibbs Milera Galluci

Close: Fog, Jones (after 2-3 games in the SANFL), Hartigan

On notice: Atkins, he’d want to start well and be consistent, a return to his soft ways should see him dropped quickly

I’ve gone for Keath over Hartigan because of cleaner disposal but not fussed either way.

We are bound to get some injuries so Fog comes in for a tall forward. Jones for a mid, Kelly for a defender.

We hunted McAdam and he’s not an 18 year old kid, he fills a need so we just have to play him.

A side that includes Mackay is one that has no ****ing idea if we have a healthy list. Douglas to a lesser extent, but same idea, we need to develop our side and have younger players ready to go.

Brown Talia Doedee
Laird Keath Smith

Seeds Sloane Atkins

Lynch Tex Knight
Betts Jenkins McAdam

Jacobs Matt Brad

On notice: Atkins, he’d want to start well and be consistent, a return to his soft ways should see him dropped quickly

I’ve gone for Keath over Hartigan because of cleaner disposal but not fussed either way.

We are bound to get some injuries so Fog comes in for a tall forward. Jones for a mid, Kelly for a defender.

We hunted McAdam and he’s not an 18 year old kid, he fills a need so we just have to play him.

A side that includes Mackay is one that has no ******* idea if we have a healthy list. Douglas to a lesser extent, but same idea, we need to develop our side and have younger players ready to go.
Pretty much my team , would find a way to start Milera in the 18 but doesn’t
matter much these days

Pretty much my team , would find a way to start Milera in the 18 but doesn’t
matter much these days
I’d like Milera to develop into an inside mid, but our best side is stacked with them.

So it’s going to be half back and wing I reckon. So we could start him on the wing and start Atkins on the bench.

It’s actually a very strong side if the guys are fit and healthy and not carrying injuries, which will be the key next year. An extra months training should see us fit, hopefully Saunders can keep us healthy.

I’d like Milera to develop into an inside mid, but our best side is stacked with them.

So it’s going to be half back and wing I reckon. So we could start him on the wing and start Atkins on the bench.

It’s actually a very strong side if the guys are fit and healthy and not carrying injuries, which will be the key next year. An extra months training should see us fit, hopefully Saunders can keep us healthy.
Half back and centre square mid rotation 75/25% to start and build him up

Besides B Crouch this is pretty much the same team that led us to 12th this year. We need to look some new blood. Hoping Jones & McAdam & McHenry get games over Atkins, Mackay, Douglas etc. Gallucci & Fog need to become mainstays.

We also need to test ROB to see if he can take over from Jacobs and if not we need to go hard for one in 2019.

Don’t forget regaining Smith for the entire season.

And properly fit Tex, Sloane and Betts.

B Luke Brown, Daniel Talia, Rory Laird
HB Wayne Milera, Kyle Hartigan, Tom Doedee
C Brodie Smith, Rory Sloane, Paul Seedsman
HF Bryce Gibbs, Taylor Walker, Riley Knight
F Eddie Betts, Josh Jenkins, Darcy Fogarty
FOL Sam Jacobs, Brad Crouch, Matt Crouch
I/C Hugh Greenwood, Jake Kelly, Rory Atkins, Tom Lynch

Like it except Keath over Hartigan and Gooch over the Bull.

Brown Talia Laird
Smith Keath Doedee
Milera B Crouch Gibbs
Jacobs Sloane M Crouch
Galluci Walker Lynch
Betts Jenkins McAdam

Int: Douglas, Kelly, Greenwood, Seedsman

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brown Talia Laird
Smith Keath Doedee
Milera B Crouch Gibbs
Jacobs Sloane M Crouch
Galluci Walker Lynch
Betts Jenkins McAdam

Int: Douglas, Kelly, Greenwood, Seedsman

That's almost me right there as well. If everybody's fit - a decent looking unit.

I'd take out Kelly however, if he's in our best 22 - we are done for another season. I also think that if Knight's is fit he goes into the side and gooch misses out.

A decent side but too slow and not enough pressure in the front third - we need some input from Gallucci/Murphy/McAdam/Jones/McHenry.

That's almost me right there as well. If everybody's fit - a decent looking unit.

I'd take out Kelly however, if he's in our best 22 - we are done for another season. I also think that if Knight's is fit he goes into the side and gooch misses out.
Besides Smith, Crouch and Macadam that side got us 12th this year. Hopefully they get us 3-4 extra wins. We did win 12 games which normally makes the 8 so we wern't that bad i guess.

Brown Talia Doedee
Laird Keath Smith

Seeds Sloane Atkins

Lynch Tex Knight
Betts Jenkins McAdam

Jacobs Matt Brad

A side that includes Mackay is one that has no ******* idea if we have a healthy list. Douglas to a lesser extent, but same idea, we need to develop our side and have younger players ready to go.
I really like this selection EC
Your comments re Atkins are spot on
I would take him out altogether
We will see what the JLT brings with his form
I want Milera in the start as well

Also my team besides the full back line has some run, speed and skill on every line, something which Don craves as per our drafting.

Plus there is some real quality on the bench.

Brown Talia Doedee
Laird Keath Smith

That's a really solid backline. Really solid. And with Hartigan and Kelly in reserve I can't imagine there would be too many better in the league.

That's a really solid backline. Really solid. And with Hartigan and Kelly in reserve I can't imagine there would be too many better in the league.
Agree looks solid on paper.

Remains to be seen how that translates on game day. Our defence was a major issue in 2018, leaked easy goals pretty consistently.

Now of course some of that is down to a weakened midfield.

But still, our defence looked all at sea on a number of occasions- let's hope the new defensive coach can improve our structure

Remove this Banner Ad

Prediction Your rd 1 team in 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Back