Your three favourite opposition teams

What are your Top 3 opposition teams (discuss reasons)

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

1. Brisbane
2. Adelaide
3. Dogs

How are Melbourne so liked? Handouts, tanking, their players are w*nkers (Oliver, Melksham, Jones, Viney, Lever, Petracca, McDonald, etc), their supporters on here act like they’re in the midst of a dynasty, plus their typical supporter is an upper class dipsh*t, worst club in the land

Differs every year. Love WCE, but this year however besides the Catters I'll be gunning for the Magpies as I want them to taste success after such a heart breaking defeat, yet still an exceptional finals campaign.

How can you want another team to have success?

The ONLY way Id want a team to win the flag was once WCE are knocked out for the season.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

North: I ummed and ahhed over this one, primarily because North have some of the dumbest, most deluded flogs supporting them - truly some of the more daft, uninspired cretins you will ever come across.

BUT, the club itself is worth respecting. One of the major criticisms I leveled at North for a long time was their pathetic victim mentality. Everything was always against them, their plight was always someone elses fault. However once the Brayshaw's got in, and their subsequent appointments, they've become a club that does stand on its own convictions and has worked hard to establish itself. The lack of pokies is a great point of difference, and the efforts they went through to fundraise for their new facility were admirable. They don't act like victims anymore, and I like the audacity in chasing the biggest fish in the game, even if they fail more often than not.

I may be a deluded flog and dumb but.....ah, anyway.

How are Melbourne so liked? Handouts, tanking, their players are w*nkers (Oliver, Melksham, Jones, Viney, Lever, Petracca, McDonald, etc), their supporters on here act like they’re in the midst of a dynasty, plus their typical supporter is an upper class dipsh*t, worst club in the land

How are Richmond so liked? Mediocrity, tanking, their players are w*nkers and divers (Martin, Riewoldt, Houli, Broad, Rance, etc), their supporters on here act like they're in the midst of a dynasty, plus their typical supporter is a lower class feral sc*m, worst club in the land.

How are Richmond so liked? Mediocrity, tanking, their players are w*nkers and divers (Martin, Riewoldt, Houli, Broad, Rance, etc), their supporters on here act like they're in the midst of a dynasty, plus their typical supporter is a lower class feral sc*m, worst club in the land.
How are West Coast so liked? Mediocrity, tanking, their players are w*nkers and divers (Shuey, Darling, Gaff, McGovern, Schofield, etc), their supporters on here act like they're in the midst of a dynasty, plus their typical supporter is a middle class feral sc*m, worst club in the land.

Blues: My Mum was born in Carlton and was a tragic. Very good memories
Tigers: My first club playing footy was u/14s Barny Tigers. Love the song, love the colours
Demons: Always had a soft spot for the dees, looking forward to another good year from them

Demons: First live game of footy this League/Union convert saw was Lions Vs Demons at the Gabba in 1999. The Dees were touched up by the emerging Lions and I was won over. Had a soft spot ever since.
Swans and Giants for the same reason: both Northern Clubs in a Vic dominated competition. One is a transplanted Club with a storied history in Melbourne and the other the brash young up and comers. All get the short end along with Qld Clubs from Vic dominated comp. However, can't extend same love to the Plastics down the M1.

How are West Coast so liked? Mediocrity, tanking, their players are w*nkers and divers (Shuey, Darling, Gaff, McGovern, Schofield, etc), their supporters on here act like they're in the midst of a dynasty, plus their typical supporter is a middle class feral sc*m, worst club in the land.

You love to troll but are so easily triggered in return.

You didn't even put in the right players for w***ers and divers.

I fully accept and understand why we’re not liked, just don’t get the love for the Demons, which you didn’t address.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I fully accept and understand why we’re not liked, just don’t get the love for the Demons, which you didn’t address.

Just some banter. The Dees aren't my second club either and after that Clayton Oliver fiasco I am glad Will Schofield has a premiership medal and he doesn't - yet. People have their own reasons for liking and disliking other clubs, I don't mind being judged as well in return.

Just some banter. The Dees aren't my second club either and after that Clayton Oliver fiasco I am glad Will Schofield has a premiership medal and he doesn't - yet. People have their own reasons for liking and disliking other clubs, I don't mind being judged as well in return.
Yeah definitely. I don’t think they’re on Essendon levels of hated, but I am surprised by the love they’re getting.

Okay I went

Carlton: love the fact that the hawks won a million squillion straight games against them. Just might end up with more spoons than cups.

Gold Coast: have only ever beaten us twice. Plus we got jags from them. Better get on the like train before they fold.

Geelong: have only ever beaten us in 1 final that matters, which happened way before my life time. Geelong supporters look good with rabbit handbags. In finals Geelong is Daryl Cullinan the hawks are Shane Warne.

Am I biased yes I am.

Named them because you named two defenders and they were the first 2 I could think of for West Coast

Sure but if you wanted to go down that route you had plenty of ammo with Shuey, Darling and Gaff already.

"Wallace stressed he did not tank ..."
"Instead, he let the match take its natural course."
"While his moves did not cost the Tigers the game, he did not make moves to win it either."

There are many games where coaches don't make moves to win the game, are there not?

The tanking comment was in jest anyway, but with regards to Terry Wallace's comments that certainly is tanking. What kind of coach wouldn't try things to win the game when it was that close at the end?

North - respect for a 'smaller' club who punches above their weight and have used the facilities quite a bit

Brisbane - I like what they are building at the moment and enjoy watching them play

Could throw a blanket over a few other sides but not really fussed either way. Had some very good tussles with the Swans since Bevo took over.

Your three favourite opposition teams

Back