Your Top 5 -- W@nkers of World Cricket

Remove this Banner Ad

can't believe Mike Hussey has been mentioned so many times in this thread. i've always thought his nickname is a wank but no one can blame him for that. and so what if he's playing it up for tv. it's all $$$$ and his looking out for his future. anyone would do the same. but he seems like a genuinely nice dude.

there's been a few in world cricket. just like any sport. a lot of ego.

Someone mentioned Brad Haddin. Definetaly not. one of the great guys in cricket. i was a bit suprised over the whole keeping affair this week. he may have not realised at the time but i'm suprised afterwards he didn't just say 'yeah, i did break the stumps, but i didn't think i did at the time' and just cop it.... but nah, he is a good guy.

Nathan Bracken though.... he belongs in this thread.

michael clarke doesn't exactly endeer himself to the outside world.

glenn mcgrath seems like a top guy off the field. unbelievably competitive on the field. i remember when i was about 8 i was at a ODI at the SCG and when the aussies were batting i talked to him about crap (i was 8!!!) for about 15-20 minutes and he didn't get frustrated or get me to leave or anything like that....

Harbhajan Singh (IND)
Iain O'Brien (NZL)
Andre Nel (SAF)
Danish Kaneria (PAK)
Steve Harmison (ENG)

hmm... 29 posts, and theres been no mention of michael slater on this thread

boy, slats was real baggage in his playing days wasnt he?

when slats scored a century he was fine, but it was the 'other' things, like the referral catch off rahul dravid in mumbai 2001. like, im trying to stand up to the guy and all, but there were other places and other things to do than carry on like the way he did on the field that day.

glenn mcgrath seems like a top guy off the field. unbelievably competitive on the field. i remember when i was about 8 i was at a ODI at the SCG and when the aussies were batting i talked to him about crap (i was 8!!!) for about 15-20 minutes and he didn't get frustrated or get me to leave or anything like that....

lol... he is a great bloke because he didn't get frustrate with an 8 year olf talking.... OH MY:eek: What he didn't push you or any thing..... Mate really who does get frustrated at 8 years old if they are not yours

But I do agree that I have heard he is a great bloke of the field but one of teh biggest w***er on it... every great team needs a w***er to get op the opp

lol... he is a great bloke because he didn't get frustrate with an 8 year olf talking.... OH MY:eek: What he didn't push you or any thing..... Mate really who does get frustrated at 8 years old if they are not yours

But I do agree that I have heard he is a great bloke of the field but one of teh biggest w***er on it... every great team needs a w***er to get op the opp
it was always put a good impression of him in my head. he's playing a ODI for australia, probably wanting to concentrating on the game and didn't bother about some random 8-year old babbling away to him. i reckon most players would've got up and said they had to do something...

i dunno, just seemed like a pretty decent thing of him to do.

but yeah, agreed, he's a **** on the field. but i like that anyway. fast bowler needs a bit of mongrel!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Harbajan Singh - new standard of selfish stupidity
Tony Greig = 20 years of stupidity
KP and Freddie Flintoff = pair of gits that combine a level of cretinous juvenile stupidity.
Mohammad Azzarhadin = should have done the right thing and crashed a plane into the side of the mountain - memory has probably dulled his disgraceful 'cash under the bed' disgrace.
Hansie Cronje = did the right thing, killed himself, now if our politicians can take a lead from this behaviour every time they are caught our doing something corrupt...

----

From Australia:

Trevor Hohns = How many Aussie dollars are those kruggerands worth?
Slater = the guy has a mouth and no brains, and the wrong tattoo, and can't catch without 3 bounces, and is a boring windbag.
brett Lee = most over rated fast bowler in Aus ever.
Mark "mummy said you have to select me steve" waugh.
David Warner = not really his fault, but a reactionary selection to the side, and proved to be a 1 hit wonder so far.

honorouble mentions to Neil "quotes" Harvey, Ian "what lawry said" Chappel, Dean "big mouth" Jones, Rodney "no one was as good as me" Hogg, Andrew "gone fishing" symonds, Tubby fat ass taylor and Andrew "Headband" Hilditch

michael slater lost a lot of respect after he was dumped from the national test team and shortly thereafter the nsw team

he was playing club cricket for nsw

he was forced to retire hurt after getting hit by a bouncer, bleeding from the forehead

and slats' reaction, walking off, it was being filmed...

'oh yeh? you all got what you came to see! here's something for the kids out there *beep*! '

Kevin Pietersen - I don't mind the bloke but there's no doubting he's a w***er

Ian Healy - Outside the comm box he is probably decent, but get a mike and a set of headphones on him ....

Ben Dorries - jumps from bandwagon to bandwagon with gay abandon. I have to put up with his crap on a daily basis here in Bris :thumbsdown:

Clarkey - sorry mate, there's something about you that just screams 'w***er'. Can't quite put my finger on it.

Greg Matthews - in a good way. He is one funny cat :D

no mentions of damien martyn on this thread?

mr vanity himself

starting a weight loss clinic called 'the metabolism centre' in wa, that's gone out of business now. hes almost like a woman!

his ex fiancee had every right to spill the beans on him when he had his very own: "do you know who the f i am?" episode

I'll probably get banned naming who i REALLY think........ :D
Here's a substitute list for the time being

Ian Healy
I didn't mind is passion back in the old days, a few things went sour for him (such as the dismissal that saw him storm off and act like mr grumpy in south africa). Have not liked him being in the Ch 9 comm box. The pro Aussie attitude is annoying.

Harbhajan Singh
At the risk of having rotten fruit, pianos and a kitchen sink thrown my way - i will say that i've loved how he's become hated by the cricketing public. Dirty way to do it, but it's got people talking (or shaking their fists angrily whenever his name is mentioned). I hink he's a w***er, but he is an awesome spin bowler that gets results.

Brad Hodge
Good player that should knuckle down and focus on his game, and not whinge to the media at every oppertunity at being shunted (or get his mother to do his dirty talking).

Remove this Banner Ad

Your Top 5 -- W@nkers of World Cricket

Remove this Banner Ad

Back