Your XI for the Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Remind me what happened at the Oval last time we went in with 4 quicks...you are dead set gambling by not playing some form of spinner. We already have 4 quicks..we have Watson!

You really think that we would have won that game with Hauritz playing?

You reckon they will get rid of Hussey before North? I'd be surprised, really surprised TBH.

I dunno I reckon it's 50-50 but very confident of at least one of them going. Hussey's name is popping up more in the media, and rightly so his continual selection is a joke. His recent record is a fair bit worse than North's. Although I do rate Hussey as mentally stronger an more of a 'winner'. So yeah not sure... Either one...

You really think that we would have won that game with Hauritz playing?

We would have had a chance. He had a better average than Swann that series. You are gambling not playing a spinner, especially in Australia. Hauritz won't be the last spinner India belt, Warne and Murali hardly have flattering records against them! Hauritz or O'Keefe, don't care which one. Play one of them.

Yeah, mine must be so short that I cant remember the time Siddle was averaging under 24 after 11 test matches.

Mat Inns Balls Runs Wkts BBI BBM Ave Econ SR
17 32 3763 1892 60 5/21 8/113 31.53 3.01 62.7

Those figures plus his lack of consistent pressure on the batsman is an excellent reason not to pick him. He and Johnson in the same side just don't do that. Consistent 4 balls an over waiting to be hit too often. Johnson is a least is a big wicket-taker, which you have to be if you're going to be that type of bowler. Other's need to keep the pressure on the batsmen every ball.

My ideal XI:

Hughes
Katich
Ponting
Clarke
Khawaja
Watson
Paine
Smith/Hauritz/Doherty
Johnson
Hilfenhaus
Bollinger

It won't happen as there are too many changes but I would love to see this side. Watson would provide stability in the middle order and we could utilise his bowling more.
We need a spinner but I don't think it matters who is selected, none of them are match winners against quality batting.

Re: the spinner....if that's the case then we may as well pick Smith. A leggie at least and an excellent batsman. Can go with that.

My XI for the 1st Ashes Test at the Gabba:

Phil Hughes
Simon Katich
Ricky Ponting (c)
Michael Clarke
Usman Khawaja
Shane Watson
Tim Paine (wk)
Xavier Doherty
Mitchell Johnson
Ben Hilfenhaus
Peter Siddle

Mike Hussey 12th

My XI for the 1st Ashes Test at the Gabba:

Phil Hughes
Simon Katich
Ricky Ponting (c)
Michael Clarke
Usman Khawaja
Shane Watson
Tim Paine (wk)
Xavier Doherty
Mitchell Johnson
Ben Hilfenhaus
Peter Siddle

Mike Hussey 12th

doherty, in the test team?

He is more than deserving of his place in the short forms of the game where he has been the best spinner in the country for some time and should have played ODI some time ago. But his form in the long version wavers.

Fergs posting 129 against WA coming in at 2/35 makes things nice and interesting:thumbsu:. Strike rate of 90 too. He's gotta play

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Harris will be fit- he is playing in the Shield match for QLD. He is better than Bollinger anyway in Brisbane. Horses for courses. Harris in for the 1st test, Bollinger for the rest.

Not quite. Harris is only playing in the 2nd XI game.

White > All those others :)

Incorrect. Even taking into account his decent form in limited FC opportunities of late, Khawaja and Hughes, and Smith for that matter, have been better. I would, however, take White in the Test team before Ferguson, because he's more experienced, is a great slipper, and is a handy bowler (I think it's a real shame he so rarely, if ever, rolls his arm over; he was never a worldbeater but he's decent enough).

Handy bowler..you serious? We are not playing Kanga cricket you know! Pie thrower.

Ferguson, Harris and Khawaja need to play in Brisbane.

:rolleyes:

I'm no White fanboy, but he's a handy part-time spinner. 172 FC wickets at 40 doesn't lie. It's beyond me why he doesn't bowl more often. He's not a front-line spinner, never will be, but he's a better bowler than Marcus bloody North.

2 WEEKS AGO!!!!

Hilbitch: "Look Mike, I really don't wanna drop you, we both know that. But man you're pushing it. The media are starting to get loud. But don't worry I've got a plan, instead of playing in that T20 against SL, we'll send you to play for WA against South Australia. Now it's only ****ing SA, so you should be able to ton up pretty easily and your spot will be safe until the end of the Ashes. Ok Mike?

Hussey: "Yes sir"

ANDREW HILDTICH'S FACE AS OF 10 MINUTES AGO

hitler-downfall-e1271787797121.jpg

2 WEEKS AGO!!!!

Hilbitch: "Look Mike, I really don't wanna drop you, we both know that. But man you're pushing it. The media are starting to get loud. But don't worry I've got a plan, instead of playing in that T20 against SL, we'll send you to play for WA against South Australia. Now it's only ****ing SA, so you should be able to ton up pretty easily and your spot will be safe until the end of the Ashes. Ok Mike?

Hussey: "Yes sir"

ANDREW HILDTICH'S FACE AS OF 10 MINUTES AGO

hitler-downfall-e1271787797121.jpg
Hahhahaaha gold Phone.:D:thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Your XI for the Gabba

Remove this Banner Ad

Back