Player Watch Zac Taylor

Remove this Banner Ad

But from my recollection, there was also a period at the start of the year where Taylor wasn’t playing consistently in the SANFL midfield. Some of those valuable spots were reserved for some of our top ups. Criminal levels of decision making right there. Inexcusable. So of course our young afl aspiring mids couldn’t build their case! Seems like that was the plan (possibly as directed by the faceless men of the AFC) so having both Laird and Crouch in the mids would not be questioned!
That said, since making the FIrsts, Taylor has hardly put a foot wrong, despite getting a quarter of a game twice in the sub role.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Would be difficult to build up your tank if you’re not playing a lot thru the midfield, as above to be playing top ups there was and is ridiculous

Would be difficult to build up your tank if you’re not playing a lot thru the midfield, as above to be playing top ups there was and is ridiculous
Taylor was coming back from a quite serious lisfranc ligament injury (foot) so most likely had a managed preseason so not to cause a flare up to an injury that can be tricky to manage?

Last edited:

But from my recollection, there was also a period at the start of the year where Taylor wasn’t playing consistently in the SANFL midfield. Some of those valuable spots were reserved for some of our top ups. Criminal levels of decision making right there. Inexcusable. So of course our young afl aspiring mids couldn’t build their case! Seems like that was the plan (possibly as directed by the faceless men of the AFC) so having both Laird and Crouch in the mids would not be questioned!
That said, since making the FIrsts, Taylor has hardly put a foot wrong, despite getting a quarter of a game twice in the sub role.

And maybe early in the year Taylor still wasn’t fit enough to play full mid time - even in the Sanfl
Some of the conspiracy theories in here are hilarious- the faceless men actively trying to sabotage their own club
I mean let’s completely overlook we hardly played Crouch for 2 years!!

But yes it was to cover for now playing him and deliberately slow the development of the kids we drafted

I can agree with some of George’s “we are completely inept” but “faceless men”, that sits with the tinfoil hat crowd.

And maybe early in the year Taylor still wasn’t fit enough to play full mid time - even in the Sanfl
Some of the conspiracy theories in here are hilarious- the faceless men actively trying to sabotage their own club

But yes it was to cover for now playing him and deliberately slow the development of the kids we drafted

I can agree with some of George’s “we are completely inept” but “faceless men”, that sits with the tinfoil hat crowd.

The general complaint from fans is when you have Rankine and Rachelle up forward when the club said they will play midfield thi syear, then with Dowling playing well in the SANFL but couldn't come in, Curtin playing back and not wing or HBF when he came into the A's.

You then have Nicks and the coaching panel selecting and playing Laird in the middle still, murphy up front, middle and wing and have McFumbles playing valuable minutes.

It just did not make any sense.

Smith should be playing back in the SANFL at the start of year to find some form with Nankervis or Curtin taking that spot.

They even played Borlase in the Forward line instead of giving Curtin, Gollant, Edwards a crack.

Cook should of replaced McHenry ages ago.

Dowling should of replaced either Mchenry or Murphy.

Curtin should not be playing deep defense. place him on the HBF or wing.

I would love to see our team next year as:

FB: Hinge, Butts, Ryan
HB: Michalanney, Murray, Nankervis
C: Curtin, Crouch, Dawson
HF Cook, Fogarty, Taylor
FF: Pedlar, Thilthorpe, Rachelle
RR: O'Brien, Rankine, Soligo

B: Keays, Laird, Dowling, Milera

Curtin and Dawson has big wing players.... that would be quiet interesting

Why are you lumping faceless men and my opinions together?

Who says faceless men are actively trying to sabotage their own club?

Being dumb and shit at your job is different to actively trying to sabotage

Last edited:

HF Cook, Fogarty, Taylor

Nah, it's Borlase who has the big wings.

HF Cook, Fogarty, Taylor

I love Junior but can't see him making it back 😪

HF Cook, Fogarty, Taylor

Worrell definitely needs to squeeze in there somehow, Sholl would be unlucky to miss out too, and thats a short looking forward line, especially if TT is backing up ruck as well

(Log in to remove this ad.)

HF Cook, Fogarty, Taylor

Actually have a bit of a squeeze, particularly if we recruit Draper/Lalor and Cumming.

Players missing from that 22: Worrell, Walker, Sholl, (hopefully) Draper/Lalor and Cumming.

Last edited:
None of McAsey, Jones or McHenry are the reach people make them out to be.

Remembering this board's favourite for our pick was Jackson Hately.
Not mine, it was one of the fab 7..wash, Lukosius, Rankine, M King, Rozee, B King or B Smith...shame there was no way to trade into that range somewhere using picks 8, 13, 16 & 19...oh hang on Port did with a worse draft hand

The general complaint from fans is when you have Rankine and Rachelle up forward when the club said they will play midfield thi syear, then with Dowling playing well in the SANFL but couldn't come in, Curtin playing back and not wing or HBF when he came into the A's.

You then have Nicks and the coaching panel selecting and playing Laird in the middle still, murphy up front, middle and wing and have McFumbles playing valuable minutes.

It just did not make any sense.

Smith should be playing back in the SANFL at the start of year to find some form with Nankervis or Curtin taking that spot.

They even played Borlase in the Forward line instead of giving Curtin, Gollant, Edwards a crack.

Cook should of replaced McHenry ages ago.

Dowling should of replaced either Mchenry or Murphy.

Curtin should not be playing deep defense. place him on the HBF or wing.

Edwards is a fair way off and not a 3rd forward type

Curtin played half back in both games he played (was dragged deeper after they moved him off AhChee)

Cook? I like his improvement but his game impact is no better than Murphy or McHenry - he is still getting a nice easy run on here but if he is playing like this next year he will be in that same whipping boy category

And perhaps losing Thilthorpe, Pedlar early in the year as well as Tex missing games/clearly hampered with his back meant Rankine and Rachele played forward more as we needed the firepower.

Just the conspiracy rubbish - that people within the club are trying to fail. It’s just moronic

Worrell definitely needs to squeeze in there somehow, Sholl would be unlucky to miss out too, and thats a short looking forward line, especially if TT is backing up ruck as well
oh yes I forgot about worrell and sholl.... oops

if we are trading in Cummings then:

FB: Hinge, Butts, Worrell
HB: Cummings, Murray, Michalanney
C: Sholl, Dawson, Nankervis
HF Curtin, Fogarty, Taylor
FF: Cook, Thilthorpe, Rachelle

B: Ryan, Dowling, Pedlar, Milera

backups walker, laird, smith, keays, borlase, murphy, burgess, edwards

oh yes I forgot about worrell and sholl.... oops

if we are trading in Cummings then:

FB: Hinge, Butts, Worrell
HB: Cummings, Murray, Michalanney
C: Sholl, Dawson, Nankervis
HF Curtin, Fogarty, Taylor
FF: Cook, Thilthorpe, Rachelle

B: Ryan, Dowling, Pedlar, Milera

backups walker, laird, smith, keays, borlase, murphy, burgess, edwards
It would be great to see us play that side in RD 1 2025, it looks a lot more skillful than normal.
I like the idea of Curtin on a HFF too

If only we could trade in a good ruckman

HF Cook, Fogarty, Taylor

Needs more Worrell!