Zac walks out of St. Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

At least try and get your facts somewhere close to the truth. :rolleyes:

Let me get this right you obviously think if a coach feels the need to drop a player he should expect him to switch clubs?

Harvey defanatly not he had many chances to jump ship but stayed true. Right now there's thousands of local footballers leaving clubs for money. A lot will have been dropped a lot wont be happy that there not number one mid or forward. Most of them will come out like Ball and try and justify it. In the end there team mates will lose respect for them and they'll never fully have there new teammates respect either.
You have wrong there buddy I definately think His Magpie teamates respect him and with his form from last season your mob could have done with him but not to worry he and us know when we are well off.:thumbsu:

Ps this is a thread about dawson and for what it is worth he has acted like an arseh*le and not done the right thing by your club:thumbsdown:

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

At least try and get your facts somewhere close to the truth. :rolleyes:

Let me get this right you obviously think if a coach feels the need to drop a player he should expect him to switch clubs?

...and has obviously lost faith in the player, seeking a replacement and offering a contract on less money...YOU WOULD HAVE TO CONSIDER IT A POSSIBILITY...DUHHHH!!!!

...and of course you conveniently ignore the other comments in response to your other moronic statements. Ball -no respect from future teamates...
Write what you want Humpy - zero credibility...

...and has obviously lost faith in the player, seeking a replacement and offering a contract on less money...YOU WOULD HAVE TO CONSIDER IT A POSSIBILITY...DUHHHH!!!!

...and of course you conveniently ignore the other comments in response to your other moronic statements. Ball -no respect from future teamates...

:thumbsu:agreed, zero credibility. Humpy is very bitter and twisted and still thinks his Saints were unlucky in 2 grand finals.

Spot on. Hawkins changed the game!

You run on the field you cant claim an injury excuse unless the injury happened during the game. Given the Pies " legendary " depth you would have thought players under any injury concern would have been left out. The result was Hawkins destroyed young Reid.

That said, such an experience may make Reid an even better player. Everyone of us that has played football at any decent level has been given a hiding at some time. I think Reid has a great future and I look forward to the next Reid/Hawkins clash. It will be very interesting to watch!

Unfortunately our depth doesn't really run for key position players, it was play a very inexperienced Keefe, a not really key position Goldsack or take a punt on Reid. In hindsight Goldsack should have played.

You're right though, once you take the field you are fit to play, no excuses. Hawkins was superb, had a great finals series and looks like he will finally become a top line forward. Not worried about Reid though, he will be a gun in his own right.

As for the topic, which seems to have been lost, Dawson isn't really that bad a player, about 300 K sounds right. Probably gets a lot more flack than he deserves, he mostly does the job he is given quite well.

I notice when Ball was overpaid for his output that was no problem for him. Lyon exercised the right every coach has and thats to play a player where he wants. 95% of players accept this others like Ball sook up and leave. Whats the rubbish about a replacement or is that just another lie. Your other lies and non truths dont warrant responces.

I notice when Ball was overpaid for his output that was no problem for him. Lyon exercised the right every coach has and thats to play a player where he wants. 95% of players accept this others like Ball sook up and leave. Whats the rubbish about a replacement or is that just another lie. Your other lies and non truths dont warrant responces.

At this level you simply have to blame the coach for this one. The simple fact was he was seen by collingwood as good enough to be in their best side, and not only that, but be one of the most important players. We were good enough to get the best out of him, and he played in a premiership side. He proved his worth, and if the saints coaching staff couldn't manage to get the best out of him then it's their loss.

Gotta say, never really rated Dawson too highly..
But after choosing to leave St Kilda, he may well be one of the smartest playes they've had on their list recently.. Very clever move..

Came onto this thread hoping to see some discussion on Zac Dawson leaving. Seems to have been hijacked with the done to death Luke Ball saga.

My 2 bobs worth is for 300k I am happy to see the back of Zac. Average player at best.

I dont think $300k is unreasonable for starting 22, he might not be greatly talented but he did his job and in the setup we had he mostly did it well. The frees for elbows in the back I wont miss nor the 1 outs, but if he had of accepted our offer I would have been happy to see him line up again.

...oh shit sorry I didnt realise I had misposted in a LB thread, as far as that goes I think there is some truth in what the rabid 1 eyes on both sides are saying but I lost interest years ago.

If he comes he will fill a need at our club. Alot of bickering by people here. Remember he will be on $300,000 p/a. He is an AFL footballer not a taxi driver, that is an average wage which I would expectany other clubs 3rd best KPD to be on. This is how it should be-

McPharlin - $400,000 p/a
Silvagni- 325,000 p/a
Dawson- $300,000 p/a
Grover- $250,000 p/a
Broughton- $250,000 p/a
Duddield- $225,000 p/a
Johnson- $225,000 p/a
Hayden- retired:(

Looks about right for Zac to me, why all the histeria? Keyboard drama queens is why.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Exactly how many goals has Slack Dawson kicked in his career ?

I think your stretching it a bit to include in his skills that he usually bags a goal when he goes forward.:rolleyes:

Dawson gives away to many free kicks for a full back and he isn't predictable to his teammates in the way he plays. If I was a Saints fan I would be happy to see the back of him.
Fair dinkum mate . All back men give away too many frees.
Just watch razor ray at work. Take a look and another think.

Is his exit a sign of deeper problems at St Kilda?

absolutely

celery_hat-p148734876384033967qz14_400.jpg

Is his exit a sign of deeper problems at St Kilda?

You would think it is more of a combo of salary cap pressure - e.g. do you sign a 2 year 600k deal or a 3 year 1 million deal?

Also new coach, he knows he fits Lyon's system - his previous club he struggled ...it maybe in the back of his mind that he may struggle in a new system.

Either way I don't buy into this culture or Board are out to get him.

Quite simply - St K were going to have to offload a Dawson or Ray. I think Dawson simply has the greater motivation.

It is shitty for the Saints that this could not be achieved at the trade table, however it's a call that has to be made.

Came onto this thread hoping to see some discussion on Zac Dawson leaving. Seems to have been hijacked with the done to death Luke Ball saga.

My 2 bobs worth is for 300k I am happy to see the back of Zac. Average player at best.

Agree.

Dawson is ok, except against the larger and quicker full forwards.
People like Franklin, cloke, etc.
He stands off them too much for my liking, gives Franklin way too much room and with the speed Franklin has he is all of a sudden 2 metros behind him and with cloke he is outmuscled completely. He doesn't blanket them like presti did or stay with em like hudghton or scarlett.
Dawson should've been a rebounding defender, like gilbert is.
Fact is, he's an AFL player. Just not a full backs arseh*le.

Remove this Banner Ad

Zac walks out of St. Kilda

Remove this Banner Ad

Back