Mega Thread Miscellaneous Freo Discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

22AKGu-S97_3XZ5dNxqiwvZRXFLKdKNuxu0653-9-7Y.jpg

In a cafe in Brisbane today. Radio is on. A full report of JLo and Freo, which I couldn’t hear properly, but fmd if I didn’t have a giggle after the weekend in Melbourne where Freo’s smashing of the weags never happened in this universe (maybe a parallel one, but who really knows).

Your opinion please...

I have been thinking about the game and what people do and do not get fined or suspended for after Rioli got off. Let me know your thoughts on the play below. The first was a cheap hit that was paid a free kick.

The ball was long gone and Ryan aims to make the hit, late and from behind. Free paid, it was a dirty play. Should it be more than a free, or because it was paid down the ground (just so happens it was a handball) that should be the end of it?

Q2 04:40 - 04:34 on the clock - Ryan is unhappy he had a free paid against him and probably frustrated by his own performance. The ball is a long way away. Walker is facing away so has no chance to prepare. Ryan hits him again.

Is this type of action, way off the ball worthy of any further action?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-04-06 at 4.42.46 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2022-04-06 at 4.42.46 pm.png
    226.5 KB · Views: 80
  • Screen Shot 2022-04-06 at 4.43.21 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2022-04-06 at 4.43.21 pm.png
    218.7 KB · Views: 79
  • Screen Shot 2022-04-06 at 4.44.04 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2022-04-06 at 4.44.04 pm.png
    182.4 KB · Views: 77
  • Screen Shot 2022-04-06 at 4.44.12 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2022-04-06 at 4.44.12 pm.png
    217.9 KB · Views: 76
  • Screen Shot 2022-04-06 at 4.44.20 pm.png
    Screen Shot 2022-04-06 at 4.44.20 pm.png
    210.3 KB · Views: 78
Your opinion please...

I have been thinking about the game and what people do and do not get fined or suspended for after Rioli got off. Let me know your thoughts on the play below. The first was a cheap hit that was paid a free kick.

The ball was long gone and Ryan aims to make the hit, late and from behind. Free paid, it was a dirty play. Should it be more than a free, or because it was paid down the ground (just so happens it was a handball) that should be the end of it?

Q2 04:40 - 04:34 on the clock - Ryan is unhappy he had a free paid against him and probably frustrated by his own performance. The ball is a long way away. Walker is facing away so has no chance to prepare. Ryan hits him again.

It's the AFL... who gets suspended/fined and who doesn't is chook lotto. Similarly with free kicks and 50m penalties. How no WC players even got a fine given the off the ball hits is very confusing. Meanwhile Tabs gets hit with a turnover free kick and an expensive fine - ridiculous double standards.

Rotham whined about every single free kick against them in his vicinity and not once got a 50m penalty called against him - as did a heap of WC players. Meanwhile I still can't work out how Acres got a 50m penalty against him after Ryan rushed the behind?

It's the AFL... who gets suspended/fined and who doesn't is chook lotto. Similarly with free kicks and 50m penalties. How no WC players even got a fine given the off the ball hits is very confusing. Meanwhile Tabs gets hit with a turnover free kick and an expensive fine - ridiculous double standards.

Rotham whined about every single free kick against them in his vicinity and not once got a 50m penalty called against him - as did a heap of WC players. Meanwhile I still can't work out how Acres got a 50m penalty against him after Ryan rushed the behind?

I was enjoying the no arguing or remonstrating rule, but there at least six clear ones not paid against WCE on the weekend.

The off the ball hits should be clear and simple to fine imo. Ryan hit him at pace after the ball had left. Free paid and then hits him when he isn't looking. Was what Tabs did worthy of a fine? Probably. But not as worthy as the sequence from Ryan.

love how one of our players get done for "fend off" then Nicnat does a double dusty (he's twice his size, may actually have eaten him hence Dusty's absence and unknown return) and just crickets. Some really unnecessary calls in our game on the weekend. Like the umps were auditioning to replace a certain recently retired 'popular' WA ump.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't bring myself to listen to the mouth breather, what's the gist?
Crying salty tears about assistant coaches getting a senior gig and trying to sound like an expert lol.

Per Dylan McEvoy:

Was just listening to Sumich on Sports FM.

Here’s a recap
1. Summarized his premierships
2. Spent 10 mins blasting journalists on “the web dot com” because they labeled him as only Freo’s assistant
3. 5 minute rant because Fyfe wasn’t wearing club Polo on TV

Van_Dyke beat me to it

In a cafe in Brisbane today. Radio is on. A full report of JLo and Freo, which I couldn’t hear properly, but fmd if I didn’t have a giggle after the weekend in Melbourne where Freo’s smashing of the weags never happened in this universe (maybe a parallel one, but who really knows).
The worm may have finally turned?

Your opinion please...

Just watched it, fine with it TBH

Walker was walking back towards him so he wasn't caught completely off guard, doesn't even go to ground so it was a soft bump

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back