Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn: Mitchell Lewis. Extended to 2026!

Remove this Banner Ad

My favourite part of his game was that he had an almost first half. Got 2 hands to the footy but wasn't clunking them, got in to a good position a few times and the defender got a hand in. In pervious years he may have dropped his head and faded out of the game.

Instead he took over, completely dominant in that second half.
i saw footage of S Mitch when he was coach of BH and he was telling Jeka that “today is the sort of day where you’ll need to crunch 6 or 7 packs for every mark you take” I wonder if he told Lewis the same thing at half time to keep him focused on getting to enough contests

He was also our third best runner today for ground covered, behind Harry and Nash.

One of the positives out of a bad day

He was also our third best runner today for ground covered, behind Harry and Nash.

Second time this years he post 13+ km huge numbers for a big KPF, also great to see since people use to criticise his work rate

Second time this years he post 13+ km huge numbers for a big KPF, also great to see since people use to criticise his work rate
Also lead(equal) us for pressure acts.

Wow that is incredible re distance covered. Didn't expect that. That confirms we have a player we can plan around for the long run.

Really got to find his partner in crime. Got to get games into Kosi and Jeka and see who stands up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Nominated for Mark of the Year this week, so start voting peeps!!

I can’t split them, they’re all great. Mihocek is probably my favourite non-hawk at the moment too.

Well deserved, that mark was a triple backward somersault into a pile level difficulty!

That was a Burgoyne like moment where he'd had enough of being double teamed, blocked out of contests, and wanted to show that he's sick of the way the game was going.

Massive contest and game from Mitch, as others have pointed out, he could have had a bag if his kicking had been true to form.

Also super impressive to have the game he did given what happened on the scoreboard.

One of the few positives from yesterday. Just needs some help.

Playing no proper 2nd ruck/fwd and Gunston as 2nd tall forward means we are too light on when teams force us to go down the line or kick to a contest.

This strikes me as spot on.

With the inclusion of Koschitzke for Easter Monday, I would love to see them develop a partnership for the long term. They haven't played together much, and one they learn to make space for one another in the F50, there's plenty of possibility.

He won it.

I love the look on the face of the St Kilda player who has just had his face buried in the ground after a brutal knee in the back.

In my mind he's looking at Lewis, thinking,

"WTF? How did you mark that? I don't even care that you made me look like a rag doll! That's incredible!"

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn: Mitchell Lewis. Extended to 2026!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back