Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn: Mitchell Lewis. Extended to 2026!

Remove this Banner Ad

Jordy is totally wrong on this one.
Nah, he’s actually correct if you understand his perspective and why he’s arrived at that conclusion.

Clarkson would’ve pulled Mitch aside and said “don’t do that son”.

Difference is that we’re not that side now, we play with a little bit more personality and character. Sam doesn’t want robots.

Didn't really look to be hamming this one up to me tbh. Just gauging how much time he had before he "had to" kick itand perhaps soaking up some clock ................and maybe soaking up some atmosphere too and just feeling the crowd and enjoyment knowing this is basically the sealer. Was more a moment of enjoyment if we really want to delve in to it rather than an over the top rub oppos nose in it type thing.

Anyway... bloody injury hey. Hope it doesn't halt his progress and he hits the ground running where he left off when he's back (soon).

I don't think that's the case at all.
I do. I have been at a few sportsman’s nights and he has actually said he is more of a Melbourne man these days and you could see the anger brewing about Clarkson visiting him when that got brought up. Also has potted us a few times over the last few years somewhat unnecessary in my opinion

Nah, he’s actually correct if you understand his perspective and why he’s arrived at that conclusion.

Difference is that we’re not that side now, we play with a little bit more personality and character. Sam doesn’t want robots.
Correct.
Sam wants flair.

I do. I have been at a few sportsman’s nights and he has actually said he is more of a Melbourne man these days and you could see the anger brewing about Clarkson visiting him when that got brought up. Also has potted us a few times over the last few years somewhat unnecessary in my opinion
Melbourne don't even consider him their man.

He's a Hawk. He was sore about his departure, but time heals all wounds.

If I recall correctly Kosi was in a similar position last year against Geelong (got out the back facing towards an open goal) but in the excitement of it all he rushed it, turning to go score before he'd secured the mark and ended up spilling it.

Not saying Lewis was reflecting on that moment specifically during that play, but it is perhaps signs of growth for the side to recognise when you do have time and space in a big moment to slow down and make sure you execute properly. There's plenty of instances throughout AFL history of players having an open goal in front of them and finding a way to stuff it up. Tripping over their feet, or shanking the kick, or hitting the post, or losing their bearings and popping it through the behind post, etc, etc, etc.

If Lewis had done something overtly arrogant like hold the ball out mockingly or made some sort of gesture at the Geelong player, then sure. But talk about making a mountain out of a mole hill.

He absolutely roosted it into the upper stand when he kicked it, wonder if that tweaked his hammy?
Nah reckon it happened when he tried to stop himself from hitting the fence. He got up, went on all fours and started stretching his hamstrings.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jordan Lewis is out of his mind.

Mitchell Lewis was
1. Running down the clock and
2. Making sure he doesn't end up embarrassed like Nick Reiwoldt for not knowing an opponent is closing in on him.

Also Jordan if in your days playing the club was more concerned at stamping out a perceived unsportsmanlike act of looking at an opponent when approaching the goals but not stamping out racial slurs and taking them to the leadership group and club leaders and properly dealing with it than you have a massive club culture problem. I'd rather some nuffies think you're cocky than to have great players leave at 28 because of racism issues. At least when someone at Adelaide heard a dodgy comment (from a captain and senior player no less) they took it to the top of the flagpole and made sure it wasn't tolerated.

Also here is Jordan Lewis demonstrating how to be humble and not showboat.

I've head him a couple of podcasts and he seemed pretty much a hawk but this may of been after he'd cooled down about things.

Jordan Lewis is out of his mind.

Mitchell Lewis was
1. Running down the clock and
2. Making sure he doesn't end up embarrassed like Nick Reiwoldt for not knowing an opponent is closing in on him.

Also Jordan if in your days playing the club was more concerned at stamping out a perceived unsportsmanlike act of looking at an opponent when approaching the goals but not stamping out racial slurs and taking them to the leadership group and club leaders and properly dealing with it than you have a massive club culture problem. I'd rather some nuffies think you're cocky than to have great players leave at 28 because of racism issues. At least when someone at Adelaide heard a dodgy comment (from a captain and senior player no less) they took it to the top of the flagpole and made sure it wasn't tolerated.

Also here is Jordan Lewis demonstrating how to be humble and not showboat.
Screenshot_20220421-173631_Google.jpg

I get what he was saying. I mean that I don't believe he was doing anything other than taking some seconds off the clock.

Agree on Mitchell not caring and probably embracing this if is was a bit more to it but I honestly think he was just wasting a little more time before sealing the game for us.

Sent from my SM-G977B using Tapatalk

I don’t think what Jordan Lewis is saying is that much of a big deal tbh, and I’d be surprised if Sam didn’t mention something to Mitch at the time.

I get what he was trying to do in winding down the clock but the optics did make it appear slightly cheeky and whilst flair is important, so is humility.

All a storm in a teacup though….

FOREIGN201712111502000455994937457.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Welcome to Hawthorn: Mitchell Lewis. Extended to 2026!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back