Opinion Commentary & Media V

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
bait-tom-hardy.gif

Fixturing. It’s a debacle that we don’t know when and where we are playing. My wife is a North member and is attempting to co-ordinate nights out with friends. She’ll end up organising something and then won’t be able to go to the footy.

Why doesn't she just organise for a Friday night? We never get those so she will be fine.

Channel 7 wonder why we get the shits with them.
They are advertising their Easter football bonanza, starting with Brisbane and Collingwood on Easter Thursday and ending with Easter Monday Geelong and Hawthorn.
No mention of Good Friday the little turds 💩. I do get protective of our club but that is just shit

They are advertising their Easter football bonanza, starting with Brisbane and Collingwood on Easter Thursday and ending with Easter Monday Geelong and Hawthorn.
No mention of Good Friday the little turds 💩. I do get protective of our club but that is just shit

2 cracking games there. Brisbane and Geelong by shitloads.

Pretty much everything you have put forth, with the addition of each club being given a fair share of FTA/Primetime games to allow growth/sponsorship.

The removal of fixturing based on the finishing position of team in the previous season.

The removal of the Northern Academies with AFL run versions in their place. All players available to all clubs through the standard bidding system.
That last paragraph would be music to my ears. I still get Swans supporting flogs tell me we’re growing the game… please, it’s a rort.

AFL: North Melbourne captain Jack Ziebell keen for Kangaroos to make a stand in Good Friday clash with Bulldogs​

The Kangaroos and Bulldogs are both desperate for a win on Good Friday but understand the occasion is about more than just them.

Marc McGowan

North Melbourne captain Jack Ziebell wants the Kangaroos to show the Western Bulldogs and the rest of the AFL how far they have come since last year’s 128-point Good Friday drubbing.

Almost 30,000 fans turned up to see North dish up one of its worst performances at this time last year but Ziebell expects a vastly improved showing 12 months on, as football “takes a back seat” to a much-bigger cause.

“It wasn’t a great day – we were beaten pretty badly last year and we know the Bulldogs are a quality team,” he said.

“They played in the grand final last year and they’ve got stars all over the paddock, so we’re going to have to be on our toes to make sure that we’re in the game.

“I think last week (against Sydney) was really important for us to gain a bit of confidence. It was disappointing we didn’t win, but I think we made some good strides in the way we want to play our football.”

A dejected [PLAYERCARD]Jack Ziebell[/PLAYERCARD] trudges off the SCG last week after the heartbreaking loss to Sydney. Picture: Getty Images

A dejected Jack Ziebell trudges off the SCG last week after the heartbreaking loss to Sydney. Picture: Getty Images
Ziebell and Bulldogs counterpart Caleb Daniel were at Marvel Stadium on Tuesday to promote this year’s Good Friday Super Clash, which doubles as a chance to raise funds for the Royal Children’s Hospital.

They spent time kicking a football with 17-year-old Bulldogs fan Jai Waters, who had a second kidney transplant barely two weeks ago.

“It means a lot to be able to put smiles on some young kids’ faces and hopefully raise a fair bit of money for a good cause,” Daniel said.

“We always circle this event on the calendar every year and we’re really appreciative of the AFL to give us that that timeslot; to verse a great team in North and hopefully raise some funds for some much-needed research.”

Like Daniel, Ziebell said he and his teammates were privileged to play on the Good Friday stage and hoped there would be a strong crowd to watch both clubs try to win their second match of the season.

[PLAYERCARD]Jack Ziebell[/PLAYERCARD] hopes the Good Friday game can help raise funds for kids like 17-year-old Jai Waters. Picture: Getty Images

Jack Ziebell hopes the Good Friday game can help raise funds for kids like 17-year-old Jai Waters. Picture: Getty Images
“Bring your kids, bring your mum and dad, bring everyone you know,” Ziebell said.

“We want to get as many people at the game as possible and ideally want to raise as much money as we possibly can.

“Good Friday is one of the only days that football takes a back seat and there’s going to be plenty of people representing the Royal Children’s Hospital here on Friday.

“We’re very fortunate to be involved in this game and pioneer this game and very thankful to the AFL for the opportunity to play and have a big impact in hopefully raising a lot of money for a really great cause.”

I've just found out its not on FTA in NSW!!!

Get ****ed.

But in all seriousness

Imagine if you were given the role of ceo

What would be your objectives for the game.

For me:

Ticket affordability

FA/Draft/Trade- adjust compo/nominated clubs/etc

Fixture- ensure over a standard period that clubs play each other the same number of times, could be multiple seasons.

Feasibility study into a national reserves system (not necessarily a league but a system to provide reserves to clubs with minimal disruption to state league sides.

Full professional umpires with association covering creation/development of rules flowing down to the umpiring and training of umpires at all levels

Investment in coaching pathways from volunteer level up to league coaching.

Scrap MRO grading system return to case by case analysis it’s clear trying to force every situation into a handful of arbitrary categories is way too difficult
Clearly you aren't cut out for the job.

Did you have a well placed polititician father?

Do you have a dumb-as-dogshit brother that needs employment in the media?

Do you intend to feather your own nest by being the CEO of a sporting organisation that you seem to know very little about?

Do you enjoy a good old tally-ho old boy down on the peninsular?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think Steve Saunders is the front runner for Gil's job tbh.

The AFL knows the good work he did at North and now Adelaide. Plus Kangatech has shown he has good business sense and great at marketing.

If it's not him it wouldn't be surprised if they approached peggy o'neil. I know she only just took up a gig at RMIT but it's the type of forward thinking move the AFL would make.

1649815601711.png

NFI is right.

Not an at all rare occurrence to see old mate commenting on our players social media posts.
I don’t do Social Media so for me it’s a blast from 2000 and whatever

And am I worse for no Social Media?

No

I don’t do Social Media so for me it’s a blast from 2000 and whatever

And am I worse for no Social Media?

No
I don't have any active accounts either (just a passive twitter account I use to follow a dozen or so people/groups so it's easier to find things), but I do check out most of the posts when they get linked here.

More power to you Gaso.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back