List Mgmt. List Management Discussion for 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
We clearly have too many similar types in the midfield, so we must use all avenues to correct that including moving a few on and to me for a decent pick that includes worpel. I think they should stop trying JOM as anything but an inside mid, but with the caveat that he’s told he’s not the player they said he would be - stop the trying to break tackles nonsense he gets caught far too often. Get pill distribute pill mostly by hand. Would love a defence with Hardwick bramble as smalls, jiath and impey as mediums and DGB and Sicily and frost as talls with DGB off the bench. That said I don’t see scrimmy as anything but a defender and too good to leave out so one of those smaller types moves upfield with day. I
Am hoping the wing speed, Gunston and Breust replacements and second forward are already on our list but that still leaves I think 2 classy mids to complement ward and cmac.
Interesting question raised on here, that if we finish bottom 4 and Sicily got us pick 4 and 5 given our depth in defence would we want it? I find myself trying to find a way to achieve both…Horse Longmire given your clearance numbers and your commentary on if there’s only one football you would send Tim Mitchell to find it could we send him back for their first rounder?
Please get O'Meara out of the midfield or at least never let him attend a stoppage when either Mitchell and Worpel are there.

Interesting question raised on here, that if we finish bottom 4 and Sicily got us pick 4 and 5 given our depth in defence would we want it? I find myself trying to find a way to achieve both…Horse Longmire given your clearance numbers and your commentary on if there’s only one football you would send Tim Mitchell to find it could we send him back for their first rounder?

If Sicily did leave I don't see how we have any viable captaincy options. O'Meara isn't and won't ever be the answer.

Looks like the Hawks are right in the mix to have pick 1 in the MSD

Carlton, Fremantle, Geelong, Hawthorn and Sydney all have one list spot free that can be filled via the mid-season draft, with all other clubs having full lists.

Gold Coast (for Ben King) and St Kilda (Nick Coffield) could place their respective injured players on the inactive list closer to the draft to open up a mid-season pick at their club

All teams with potentially live picks are ahead of the Hawks right now. And we're about to go into a very tough part of our fixture.

Hawthorn will face Melbourne, Brisbane, Geelong, Sydney and Richmond before the MSD.

Last edited:
Clarkson doesn’t manage lists or trade currency.

If that’s true, he didnt ever expect a first rounder for back players approaching 30

His most notable trades early on were hay and thommo, who were rarer commodities and in the prime (nominally, age wise)

Recently May, Daniher drew better picks

2021 trade period was really wishful thinking

Clarkson doesn’t manage lists or trade currency.
Coaches obviously have a say in list management. Just imagine...
Sam: Hey Mark, haven't seen Will Day recently you know where he is?
Mark: Traded him for a packet of chips
Sam: ***** ***** ***** ***** ***** ****** ****

Looks like the Hawks are right in the mix to have pick 1 in the MSD

All teams with potentially live picks are ahead of the Hawks right now. And we're about to go into a very tough part of our fixture.

Hawthorn will face Melbourne, Brisbane, Geelong, Sydney and Richmond before the MSD.
Just some more astute list management from the crew

Anyone know much about Jerome Lawrence? Has been training down at the club and we have first crack at him! Geez Jye Menzie’s sounds like a good small forward by his first two games in SANFL kicking 10 goals.
Jerome Lawrence will be monitored by Hawthorn as a father-son, where his dad Stephen played 146 games including the 1991 premiership.

Maybe looking at picking him up next year with father son?

Butler, Seamus, Brocky in the last 2 drafts alone? and Long will likely play some fwd too

will be a great outcome of 1-2 of those 4 become perma best 22 players

in general i reckon (would be an exercise too arduous to bother with) that the highest proportion of AA players to come from the rookie draft would be small fwds. how many elite small fwds are taken early in the draft?

off the top of my head Cyril comes to mind of course, and Kozzy

but looking at AA teams 2019–21

Charlie Cameron - rookie draft
Walters (admittedly played a lot of midfield) - Pick 58
Liam Ryan - relatively high, Pick 26
Butler (squad) - 67
Papley - rookie draft
Toby was taken pick 11 but also i believe he was drafted as a mid?
Punky and Poppy were late picks too

i think we'll start seeing small fwds taken consistently earlier in the draft
Kossie Pickett might be bucking that trend. Went pick 12.
Cyril at pick 12 went ok.

I think the high pick small forwards tend to be the ones who develop into mids, so it distorts the view when looking back.

Confident we can fill that role with Butler and Mitchell though. Can't wait to see them on the park.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jerome Lawrence will be monitored by Hawthorn as a father-son, where his dad Stephen played 146 games including the 1991 premiership.

Maybe looking at picking him up next year with father son?
Have to wonder wether the reason for him not putting his name in the MSD is so he could showcase himself to us first. It's either that or end up at North 😂

Anyone know much about Jerome Lawrence? Has been training down at the club and we have first crack at him! Geez Jye Menzie’s sounds like a good small forward by his first two games in SANFL kicking 10 goals.
You can watch his game at Oakley chargers on the nab app for free.

Played as a forward / Ruck so far, kicked 2.2 goals so far this season.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220414-140316_NAB League.jpg
    Screenshot_20220414-140316_NAB League.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 68
  • Screenshot_20220414-140541_Instagram.jpg
    Screenshot_20220414-140541_Instagram.jpg
    360.8 KB · Views: 68
Have to wonder wether the reason for him not putting his name in the MSD is so he could showcase himself to us first. It's either that or end up at North 😂
I would just assume with the family connection the club is keen to have him train with us, looks okay to

he is an overager(he is close to 19 and potentially available in MSD?) playing for Oakleigh, a Ryan Schoenmakers type forward i think at 196cm, could be good for squad depth?

At this point in time I want one of Amon or Bruhn

The best available back up ruck and/or KPD on the market

Move on one of Mitchell or O'Meara

Then go hard on draft night again
I would settle for Bruhn via the pre season draft. Keep our number 1 pick, get another top 5 for Sicily who accepts a massive pay day at a premiership contendor, an draft Lawrence with a late pick.

An hopefully trade out a O'Meara

I would settle for Bruhn via the pre season draft. Keep our number 1 pick, get another top 5 for Sicily who accepts a massive pay day at a premiership contendor, an draft Lawrence with a late pick.

An hopefully trade out a O'Meara
There’s a lot of water to go under the bridge before you’d consider trading Sicily. He has looked pretty bloody good coming off an ACL and he’d have to keep on playing good for another team to offer him a enough $$$ and years to warrant that kind of compo. Also players like him don’t just grow on trees so to trade him in the hope that we can get a player as good as him could be a gamble in itself especially without seeing the kids play that will be in the upcoming draft.

This is not even mentioning wether the guy even is looking to leave. He might have those old school morals where he wants to stay with the team that drafted him. And then who’s to say we only end up finishing just outside the 8 and the draft only really has 3-4 blue chip prospects that seperate themselves from the pack.

Finally the guy is only 27 years old could very well be put next captain and with guys like McEvoy and Shiels finishing up soon we’ll need players in his age group to lead the younger brigade. I’m not against trying to work the system especially if our season goes into a free fall but as I said earlier there’s a lot of water to go under the bridge before you’d entertain trading a player of his caliber and keep in mind we’d be communicating with his management on a likely extension at some point during the season.

Feels weird to say it, because it’s not completely true, but we’re kinda desperate for Seamus, Downie, Jeka and Brockman to really build some form and confidence at Box Hill, because if they do that we’re going to have quite a few of pieces of the puzzle going forward.

Right now, I’m no longer going to be coy on DGB, because to my eyes we’ve got a serious player there, and Ward/McDonald look the goods too. If Butler continues to build into 2022 and those other 4 above start to rise our list changes at the end of the year will be very intriguing.

Last edited:
There’s a lot of water to go under the bridge before you’d consider trading Sicily. He has looked pretty bloody good coming off an ACL and he’d have to keep on playing good for another team to offer him a enough $$$ and years to warrant that kind of compo. Also players like him don’t just grow on trees so to trade him in the hope that we can get a player as good as him could be a gamble in itself especially without seeing the kids play that will be in the upcoming draft.

This is not even mentioning wether the guy even is looking to leave. He might have those old school morals where he wants to stay with the team that drafted him. And then who’s to say we only end up finishing just outside the 8 and the draft only really has 3-4 blue chip prospects that seperate themselves from the pack.

Finally the guy is only 27 years old could very well be put next captain and with guys like McEvoy and Shiels finishing up soon we’ll need players in his age group to lead the younger brigade. I’m not against trying to work the system especially if our season goes into a free fall but as I said earlier there’s a lot of water to go under the bridge before you’d entertain trading a player of his caliber and keep in mind we’d be communicating with his management on a likely extension at some point during the season.
We have no say in a trade, as he is a free agent. If i were Sicily as much as love the HFC, this is the chance to set himself up with a premiership contender and good money. Top teams are willing to throw money at top end talent if it costs them no draft pick directly.

HFC do not let players like sis become a free agents an normally have them signed the year before their contract expires. Hence why i feel he may well leave.

We have no say in a trade, as he is a free agent. If i were Sicily as much as love the HFC, this is the chance to set himself up with a premiership contender and good money. Top teams are willing to throw money at top end talent if it costs them no draft pick directly.

HFC do not let players like sis become a free agents an normally have them signed the year before their contract expires. Hence why i feel he may well leave.
Apologies I should’ve said re-sign not trade. I understand what your saying about he could look to greener pastures for success but not everyone in the world looks to jump on other teams bandwagons for success because winning that way is futile when you come in on the back of everyone else’s work. Believe it or not some guys do like to win by doing it the right way.

Also I would’ve thought the only reason he hasn’t been re-signed yet is because of his injury and it would be in the best interests of player and club to see how he returns before signing anything.

If we happen to find ourselves in the position to pick up one of Tsatas or Wardlaw, and we know Sic wants to act on his FA rights, would the club be happy to not match a FA bid and get a pick that would allow us to get both players?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back