List Mgmt. List Management Discussion for 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we happen to find ourselves in the position to pick up one of Tsatas or Wardlaw, and we know Sic wants to act on his FA rights, would the club be happy to not match a FA bid and get a pick that would allow us to get both players?

If it got to that stage- we'd threaten to match the bid unless the contract was structured in such a way that would get us band 1 compo

We need a mid with ball getting, burst ability and great kicking skills.

Someone that can get it 24 times or more a match and be damaging.

Can’t carry JOM, TOM and Worps.
One of those has to go (unfortunately)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Of course, that's a given
To answer your original question about working the system to get band 1 compo I assume that you think getting Tsatas or Wardlaw will require a top 3 pick? If so and say we finish 5 last would you be willing to give up pick 5 + pick 6 (Sicily compo) for either one? At this stage without seeing how they play this season against better competition I’d be reluctant to do that.

If for whatever reason the powers that be didn’t want to pay Sicily and knew another team would that could get us band 1 compo I would much rather take picks 5 + 6 to the draft and back in McKenzie on snagging 2 x more top kids. However, if McKenzie thought one of Tsatas or Wardlaw was worth that haul (picks 5 + 6) I’d back him on that too because he’s earned that trust.

The other option in the above scenario is to just re-sign Sicily… make him captain and take pick 5 to the draft. It’s important to keep in mind that once BB + Shiels retire and in the likely event one of Mitchell or JOM is traded we are going to likely have the youngest list in the league. The last thing we want to do is end up like Melbourne did when they made Jack Trengove co-captain at 21-22 years of age. That team at that stage of their rebuild had so many high end picks with absolutely no leadership whatsoever. It’s a slippery slope to tread.

We need a mid with ball getting, burst ability and great kicking skills.

Someone that can get it 24 times or more a match and be damaging.

Can’t carry JOM, TOM and Worps.
One of those has to go (unfortunately)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Genuinely think if we drafted Wardlaw and Tsatas, our midfield would be transformed.

If we had pick 2 or 3 and we still had sic, would be best if we let him walk I think.

It may all depend on what happens at the mid season draft.

If a WAFL/SANFL mid jumps up before June and subsequently falls in our lap, and Junior Lawrence continues to look like a prospect for the draft, I think we might lock Sicily away.

It may all depend on what happens at the mid season draft.

If a WAFL/SANFL mid jumps up before June and subsequently falls in our lap, and Junior Lawrence continues to look like a prospect for the draft, I think we might lock Sicily away.
Like I said about 10 posts ago there’s a lot of water to go under the bridge in assessing players and what not.

Surely you’d think McKenzie and co would have a fair idea by now if Sicily wanted to stay or go. If not then it really makes the whole situation very hard to manage. I would hope that we really learnt from the whole Buddy dilemma.

I would be happy to offer big money to De Goey. Everything we are lacking being a forward center midfielder and has 5+ years left. Length of contract would be my only question. Him for free plus another top 10 pick would continue the rebuild nicely IMHO.
He’s an absolutely putrid human. Not the type of person we need coming through with our young squad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s a real shame we weren’t able to bring in an extra 1st or 2nd rounder for this years draft, through last years trade period…obviously it wasn’t through lack of trying.

I would be happy to offer big money to De Goey. Everything we are lacking being a forward center midfielder and has 5+ years left. Length of contract would be my only question. Him for free plus another top 10 pick would continue the rebuild nicely IMHO.
No Way Seriously GIF by Bounce

I've been shot down for suggesting such things so be careful, some people on here are adverse to talent.

I’d look at Jade Gresham and Charlie Curnow as free agents next year. We’re going to have to spend that cap space eventually.

I've been shot down for suggesting such things so be careful, some people on here are adverse to talent.
Yeah, you choose some weird hills to die on.

Like that Swans player that beat up his girlfriend, you were all for taking him in too.

The HFC has enough mud slung at it at the moment without having DeGoey drag us down further. Although talented I wouldn’t want us to pay the kind of money it would take him to leave anyways.

Have to wonder wether the reason for him not putting his name in the MSD is so he could showcase himself to us first. It's either that or end up at North 😂

he is an overager(he is close to 19 and potentially available in MSD?) playing for Oakleigh, a Ryan Schoenmakers type forward i think at 196cm, could be good for squad depth?
He’s not eligible for mid season draft as you have to have nominated for the most recent national draft or have been on a club list previously

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back