Game Day Round 7, 2022: St.Kilda v Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think our trip North has actually been executed brilliantly.
We have some pretty strong connections up there since Noosa, hence why we went so early.

We have trained there at night.

Absolutely ready. Conditions are of minimum consequence now.

I'd love a big win. Percentage boost to keep us near the teams around us.

But ultimately, just get the points.

Noosa to Cairns is not much shorter than driving from Melbourne to Brisbane. Not sure if Cairns saw much of us outside the games we played. Noosa we definitely made some local impact while there.

Noosa to Cairns is not much shorter than driving from Melbourne to Brisbane. Not sure if Cairns saw much of us outside the games we played. Noosa we definitely made some local impact while there.
Went to Cairns once for a wedding. Went down to the beach for a quick dip & there were warning signs that salt water crocs patrol the beaches. Wtf.

Went to Cairns once for a wedding. Went down to the beach for a quick dip & there were warning signs that salt water crocs patrol the beaches. Wtf.

Stingers and Crocs, the locals have pools or head for the creeks.

Years ago there was a Pilot strike that seriously threatened my Cairns ( including Scuba course booked on monday, that was prerequisite for the dive trip on the reef second week ). So we hired a Nissan Pintara, nicely upgraded to a Skyline and set off after work friday night. We had to leave and drive through the night so that we were in daylight when we hit the kangaroo grounds between Dubbo and further north.
We got to Rocky in 24 hours and decided we'd made enough ground to sleep a few hours at my mates relatives. ( i tried to sleep in the car but for some stupid reason i could only nod off while driving ...powernaps be damned ).
Then another 12 hours to Cairns to get there in time to go to the pub on Sunday. We did not stay long.
Scuba coarse Monday morning at Port Douglas. Scuba courses at Port Douglas are better than those in Port Phillip.

Luckily got a flight back.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not much of a swimming spot. They have that pool in the middle of the main drag though. I'm not sure how dangerous the croc threat actually is but I wasn't about to find out either. There's irukandji jelly fish up north too, If the crocs and sharks don't get you the jelly fish will.

It's not much of a swimming spot. They have that pool in the middle of the main drag though. I'm not sure how dangerous the croc threat actually is but I wasn't about to find out either. There's irukandji jelly fish up north too, If the crocs and sharks don't get you the jelly fish will.
Yeah Cairns itself is a bit meh but there are some great spots all around it.

Crystal Cascades.

IMG_0710-LR.jpg

You forgot the stonefish. They go alright !

The crocks are fairly safe away from inlets and creeks , but best to ask a local.
The stingers come in after the first rains of the season, once again best to ask a local.
Sharks not so bad, probably better than Sydney and nowhere near as bad as W.A. or S.A.

NOTE: If you don't know any locals, and you just ask a random, there is always the risk that they think you are a flog and give you totally wrong advice.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back