Game Day Round 7, 2022: St.Kilda v Port Adelaide

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes, with GWS thrashing the Crows and Freo beating the Cats our form looks even better than the "experts" claims that we haven't beaten anyone yet.
GO SAINTERS!!!
And if we stuff it up tonight which we shouldn't we will be right back in the pack
Sorry i just don't have the trust just yet in this group , not like i did back in 09-10 , i want to be there but im not quiet there yet

Yeah, it sounds as though Cairns games are low scoring and tropical humidity doesn't enhance ball handling skills. Just need to get a win here but it's a shame we aren't doing lot of percentage building in games. We usually only play one good quarter or half of footy. In a tight race it might be the difference between top for or not.

In a way not smashing sides means that we are keeping low profile with no fanfare but on the other hand it stops us from having that fear factor for other sides meeting us. Also get overlooked by the media compared to others around our level.
We got some good coverage after Richmond and Hawthorn, and even given respect from guys like Graeme Corns after GWS...which is a tad unsettling; but you're right...we don't get the "love" that those guys get. In fact we usually receive a compliment with a backhander thrown afterwards.

"It was a good win for the saints...but."

I'd love to see a foot on the throat 4 quarter performance of intimidation and dominance to shut everyone up at some stage. I don't think we're quite there yet though. I think we're an edge and sharp blade short of being the real deal. The momentum has definitely swung however, and it's been a fun ride watching us put the pieces together in the right order. We should win here, and it should be comfortable...but most of us know it won't, and it'll only be in the last 5 minutes of the game where we can pull our hearts out of our mouths.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back