Review Freo Get Over the Line Against Kangas Rd8 Review

Remove this Banner Ad

Treacy is an interesting one. Started like a house on fire but seemed to fade out of the game.

He’s shown in the WAFL he’s a deadly kick for goal from 50 but so far has mostly bottled it on the big stage. Did start to find his range a bit last year. Probably feels like he’s playing for his spot every week at the moment to be fair.

Can take a mark but doesn’t seem to get on the end of many leads.

Hard as a cat’s head but Amiss probably showed more footy smarts in one game than Treacy has so far.

I love the kid & I know he’s young & hopefully has a lot of development in him. I’m just not sure how to rate him so far.

I think Tabs, Lobb & Sturt as the medium is our best bet at the moment. Amiss is mobile enough to play 3rd banana too.

Interesting times ahead.

Luckily for us he's a 19yr old Key Forward turning 20 and still got plenty of development left physically and mentally. Took Tabs many, many years to get to the forward he is today and even then there's so many tools that Treacy's got that neither Tabs nor even Pav ever had. He is a pressure forward in a Key Position's body and rarely loses his feet in a contest. I generally can't wait until he's 23-24 and got the tank to play out full games since we've seen some exceptionally promising glimpses.

Treacy as CHF and Amiss as our FF is the dream for the next 10-12 years. The future is bright folks

I understand the sentiment, but take Goldstein, Ziebell, Simpkin and Anderson out and they are a side of under 35 games per player, nearly. We are at least 2 years ahead of them in development terms, before even considering coaching or club structures. Just IMHO though
Sorry but that’s not true.

We had 13 players under 50 games vs Roos 10 players.

Also, our average age was 23.7 vs North’s 24.7.

Fremantle had an average of 63 games vs 77 games for the Roos.

The difference is the quality of our young players.

+’s
Structure
Defence
Transition to attack

-‘s
Switta injury
A few too many bombs into the forward 50 (yes I’m nitpicking)
Henry - just not sure on the problem. Seems to want to do too much rather than the easy option?

He's a legit pillock.

His false tears as he left radio to go work at 10 were so pathetic. Staff were all looking at eachother like... wtf. Prick wouldn't even acknowledge you if you walked past unless you were the GM.

Would piss around the fire if he was on fire.
I pissed on his car one night after a game….. does that count?

I actually felt sorry for the Roos last night. They're clealry under seige. Some of their kids just couldnt take a trick - holding the ball, then out on the fulls. Our pressure just smothered them. Cant remember the last time I had empathy for a team we smashed, but I did for them last night.

We still have a long way to go but we're a genuine contender this year, and our flag tilt appears to have arrived earlier than expected. I also choose to take the view that its Melbourne and Brisbane that will need to be at their absolute best to beat our system. From their perspective, we'll be a test for them!

If we starve them like we do everyone else, we have a few powerhouse talls in Tabs, Lobb & Darcy and a swag of hungry speedsters swarming everywhere that can hit the scoreboard.

I say lets take their scalps too, and lets have a crack at the title! Go Freo!!

I actually felt sorry for the Roos last night. They're clealry under seige. Some of their kids just couldnt take a trick - holding the ball, then out on the fulls. Our pressure just smothered them. Cant remember the last time I had empathy for a team we smashed, but I did for them last night.

We still have a long way to go but we're a genuine contender this year, and our flag tilt appears to have arrived earlier than expected. I also choose to take the view that its Melbourne and Brisbane that will need to be at their absolute best to beat our system. From their perspective, we'll be a test for them!

If we starve them like we do everyone else, we have a few powerhouse talls in Tabs, Lobb & Darcy and a swag of hungry speedsters swarming everywhere that can hit the scoreboard.

I say lets take their scalps too, and lets have a crack at the title! Go Freo!!
Nope. None. No sympathy. No mercy.

I want to see us smash teams this year.

The way to a premiership is paved with the bones of crap AFL teams.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Erasmus is raw but he's a goer.

Took Noddy until his second year now he is firmly in the best 22. Ras will be the same.

Also - heath had a great game. Got some guns.

Get Lobb, Tabs, Fyfe, Acres, Freddy and Colyer and we have some absolute fire power.

Gotta find a way to keep Amiss in. He needed support but if he takes a mark inside 50, there's a chance. Lobb to decoy and leave space for the kid and we are on

I reckon we now give Tabs extra recovery time. Jye keeps his spot.

Loved every minute tonight but the one moment that stood out for me was Young streaming through the middle, collecting a handball then dobbing a beautifully kicked goal from about 50. That was the moment I thought “Geez he’s going to make a fantastic midfielder one day”.
100% agree with the sentiment but Steady Eddie could have had me thinking “Geez he’s going to make a fantastic midfielder one day” against that mob.

Just wanna drop in to say I hope Switta is okay. That looked bad and for a moment there I didn't think he was getting up. He's a hard worker and an excellent bloke to boot, always got time to give his experience to people in overcoming injury.

I've been riding the Freo bandwagon for a few years now. Good even team with excellent structure and competitiveness, which anyone can see has been building for a few years. Hope you guys go all the way this year 👍 If not, given how young your side is this is really just the start of a long premiership window.

They even linked to the Gossage tweet on the weagles board and said what a shitcampaigner he was. Dude is universally hated.
I mean...his previous tweet was taking one of our list management employees to task, over the fact we "let Langdon get away", so he has form and he deserves to be served HARD on Twitter!!!

The thing that I am liking most about our style of play is that is sustainable.
Whilst I was never a fan of Jason Webber, I believe a big contributor to all the injuries we had during Ross’s tenure was the demanding game plan. More focused on effort and this put too much physical strain on our players and they would often break down.
I our forward pressure is better than it has ever been,but that is more due to smart structures and player placement. We have now had a few years of no Ross, so hopefully the boys bodies have now physically recovered from his required.

I would also like to add that the boys appear to be genuinely and instrinisticly motivated to win, so there is a lot of self regulation. JL has done a great job with this! Again… compared to Ross who largely motivated by fear, JL is doing very well ☺️

I don't even have a Twitter account, but I'm considering creating one, so I can tell that beady-eyed pr*ck exactly what I think of him!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back