Game Day Round 8, 2022: Essendon v Hawthorn 7:25pm May 7th, @ Marvel

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
1x6n.gif

Would be great to see Day, Impey and Bramble make solid contributions since they've had a bit of time to get back into the swing of things. Hope Callow also shows what he's made of - love to see a few marks and a goal or two from him. Other than that, just want to see the whole team commit for 4 quarters - and a win - by a point could be just as fun as 50 points, so don't care about the margin. Go Hawks!!

Very curious to see how we handle going into a match as favs, absolute rarity for us in recent times.
Think it'll make any difference?

I think the boys will be confident & have belief in the team/plan, but I don't think we'll have any issues due to being 'favourite'.

Our good performances this season have been the result of being harder & running harder than our opponents. I think this'll be the focus pre-game: the process, not the result.

Think it'll make any difference?

I think the boys will be confident & have belief in the team/plan, but I don't think we'll have any issues due to being 'favourite'.

Our good performances this season have been the result of being harder & running harder than our opponents. I think this'll be the focus pre-game: the process, not the result.

I hope not mate, hope we just continue the mindset we've seen all season.

I’d love a win, a big win, but recently this * team have been able to get runs on against us. I’m not seeing an easy kill
We've made a couple of fundamental changes since those last games, which sees us as a very different opponent to the one they brushed past.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hard to saying anything about this game and not think of Adam McPhee pointing at Hawks players after Lance and Richie slapped him around a bit. Nothing like retaliating with a solid round of finger pointing when you've been punched in the face.

That and their self-appointed 'greatest team of all time' having a dynasty that ran between the years 2000 and 2000. Winning one in a row with that team is absolutely hilarious.

Also James Hird being thrown over the fence by Shane Crawford at Waverly. Quality Hird performance.

And the drug program that James Hird used as a thermo-nuclear level self-own, to blow-up any credibility that he or they ever had.

I don't care if we win by one point or a hundred. Every time we beat them it's an 8 point emotional experience.
This is brilliant.

On VOG-L09 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Every year, every club has one solemn duty to perform for the good of the game.
Today it’s Hawthorns turn to execute the task.
Happy hunting …
Don’t you mean every week?

Ridley, Redman and Kelly all missed training yesterday and on Thursday. If they miss tonight, that's Essendon's 3 best defenders out!
THERE SHOULD BE NO EXCUSE FOR KOSCHITZKE AND GUNSTON TO NOT KICK 13 EACH AND CALLOW TO KICK 7!

Last edited:
Ridley, Redman and Kelly all missed training yesterday and on Thursday. If they miss tonight, that's Essendon's 3 best defenders out!
THERE SHOULD BE NO EXCUSE FOR KOSCHITZKE AND GUNSTON TO NOT KICK 13 EACH AND CALLOW TO KICK 7!

Nah the mids just run to inside 50m and pepper the big sticks 24.32 to us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back