Autopsy Round 11, 2022: St.Kilda v North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Disappointing that we didn't go on with it in the last quarter and get a big percentage booster but it was still a good solid win and a lot to like.

Our youngsters were a big positive again, Owens looked a lot better than he did in his first game and got better as the game went on and he showed he can be dangerous up forward too with those couple of goals, Windhager and NWM just get better with each game and Sharman showed his class again.

We looked tired in the last quarter so the bye has come at a good time to give our players a freshen up and get some players back after the break like Higgins, Butler and Clark. We're well placed to launch an assault on the Top 4 and if things go well we could finish Top 2 and get a home qualifying final.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At 8 and 3... we're going ok.

But....So next up we're playing a team of blind one-legged vertically challenged fingerless lepers

"danger game"

"we've only won one flag"

"these are the ones we always lose"

"here comes the old St Kilda curse"

Brad Crouch with -9 metres gained. Atta boy.

Rapt to be 8-3, who wouldn't be? But now our season really starts. Next 11 games includes Brisbane x2, Sydney x2, Geelong at the Cattery, Bulldogs and Freo. That's a tough run home. No doubt we'll have earnt it if we make it.

But we will need to take some scalps from that group because all those teams are our rivals for Top 4.

The bye to rest up, relatively injury free and with some stars waiting in the wings we should be primed to go.

For mine Owens should be a lock for the rest of the year. As much as I like the other kids Owens is going to be special.

Other than Steele, the two I want back in are Higgins and Clark. The other two, Billings and Butler can get in the queue with the likes of Highmore.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Round 11, 2022: St.Kilda v North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Back