Preview Changes: R16 vs Melbourne, Saturday July 2, 4.05pm ACST @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

3. and if Ned had been injured the past few weeks, and underperforming because of it, you can be guaranteed Burgess would've pulled him out of the team a lot earlier. Burgess is the best in the business.

i’d say he’s either hurt himself against north, or his “injury” is BS.. there’s no using it to excuse his shite form for the past month or so..
Looks like he's carrying a medial strain.

Crouch not on the emergency list, Sholl will be sub
Crouch is listed as an emergency with Newchurch, Sholl & Gollant.

Agree Sholl is the most likely sub.

What experience?

The only experienced guys we have available are Laird, Crouch Tex and Smith. We are so young in both SANFL and AFL.
Experience as in playing guys like Murphy over Newchurch. Always the same players getting rotated through, (almost) never any newbies tried. It's wearing thin on me.

I was half expecting Crouch to get picked also.

If you're a crows fan trying to decide whether to go to this weekend's game and you see a promising young small forward on the verge of being selected (Newchurch), and you see a dud in Murphy getting selected over him... Why would you want to go?
I have an umpire exam Saturday, if Newchurch was playing I was going to race there as soon as the exam finished and maybe get there 10 minutes into the first quarter, but now, I'm not going to bother going.

You wonder why we’ve stalled in our rebuild? Because we aren’t blooding youth or constantly playing them?
Except for Jones, Berry, Thilthorpe, Murphy, Rachele, Fogarty, Butts, Murray Hately, Hinge, Soligo, Rowe, Parnell, Schoenberg we aren't playing anyone 23 or younger. Hopefully Newchurch or Sholl will be sub. Still a few more young guys who deserve a shot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would be a good week to run Hately with Petracca, but we will probably match him up on Langdon off a wing & he will be run off his feet.

Clearly selecting Murphy over Newchurch or Cook shows we have nfi of the concept of a rebuild...
I just don't see any other reason for picking Murphy. He doesn't offer anything up forward. Some of those in the 2's must be shaking their heads on how to break into the side.

Imagine how Newchurch feels, he played alongside Murphy last week and it's Murphy that gets the call up.

And the muppets wonder why we have retention issues and poor player development.

Here is example 5,312 in a long line of shit decisions.

Whoop de do. There's no incentive for him to perform next week.
Have you never heard of the “I’ll ****ing prove them wrong” attitude? If not that’s why you’re in here and not out there

Last edited:
Classic AFC. Spend the week bragging about the debut of a 25 year old SANFL player, but go out of your way to avoid the debut of a kid who might actually end up a game winner.
Should we pick a kid who has game winner ceiling but might put in a D grade performance, or pick the bloke we know is a B- at best?

I just can't understand why we think Murphy is a first choice player. Every time he is out of the team, we can't resist rushing him straight back in. It's mental.

If they play him in the midfield - okay selection and worth a shot.

If they want a 100% small forward, Newchurch should be in.
We want a small forward who applies pressure. They don't need to get the ball. They don't need to be able to pass it to a teammate if they do get it. They don't need to be able to kick goals. All they need to do is run around a lot. That's it.

Have you never heard of the “I’ll ******* prove them wrong” attitude? If not that’s why youton here and not out there

That's what he has been doing, and Nicks keeps ducking up selections.

It would be like working along side someone and doing 10x the work then them with much better quality, the time comes for a promotion and the boss comes out and gives that position to the clueless numpty next to you.

And this is not the first time it has happened so don't try and tell me you wouldn't feel despondent/annoyed/betrayed/bitter/let down.

You would have to be a saint to feel nothing. I'm sure he'll keep plugging away but don't fool yourself (when it is such a clear cut decision) that there won't be some resentment - not just from Newchurch but from the other youngsters watching on in disbelief.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview Changes: R16 vs Melbourne, Saturday July 2, 4.05pm ACST @ Adelaide Oval

Remove this Banner Ad

Back