Preview Round 16 v West Coast MCG Sunday 2.10pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely disgraceful decision to play George. No way has he earned his spot but I’ll tell you two players who have- stack and cumbo! He even s**t in cumbo face by debuting him as the sub.
*ikf fuming on this.

He was made sub because Marlion became crook at 4pm in the arvo of the Sydney game. It was never intended.

So a kid( Clarke ) gets dropped after one bad game and no doubt will need to put 5/6 good games together to be considered again . Whilst we recall a bloke who was dropped after s**t form for most of the last year and a half and one decent vfl game.
Also happens to be against a bottom side .
Will lose another 3-4 kids who haven’t been given a decent opportunity again this off season .
Efa

Yet they give Clarke 3 games, who's VFL form was okay but nothing special, even though he has obvious talent.
Yes Clarke is a talent, and was doing some nice things in the VFL, prior to his promotion but by no means putting together the performances that Cumberland is/was.

Last year too I was surprised when Sampson Ryan was selected to play he obviously wasn’t ready.

Both have bright future’s, but you have to raise your eyebrows when they get picked and Noah has made the 23 once!!!

Anyone that thinks favouritism is playing out here is kidding themselves. I love Dimma and what he’s done but he is a stubborn, strong willed coach, saw it pre 2017, with a number of players continually gifted games. He changed over the 2017 preseason and became a better coach for it. But I’m willing to bet my house on it that Cumberland is not Damian’s idea of a Richmond man

What did you think of the way Stack filled the space when defending the transition of Geelong players out of defence? That’s right …. I’ve got no idea either.

Dimma and our coaching staff know what helps us win games of football. We are a system based team, and have won 3 flags because every player knows their role and plays it.

Why do we all sit here thinking Dimma would pick Castagna over Stack if Stack gave us a better chance of winning? Dimma has the detailed information for any number of things that go into Richmond winning, most of which we have no idea about.

Jack Higgins was having what I thought was an excellent year … he kicks 2 goals again and is averaging 2 goals … and gets dropped. This tells me goals are not the most important thing as a small forward.

Maybe Stack and Cumberland are not strong at defending ball movement ? Maybe they’re not fit enough to provide repeat sprint efforts to defend opposition kicking around the backline … again, only our coaches would know.

I hope Stack kills it again and comes into the team as he’s massively talented and a far better prospect than George. But I know there’s obviously a very good reason others are chosen ahead of him and trust the coaches to be picking our best team to win.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Yes Stack had an excellent first year but when you compare the vision from then and now he now looks slow, this may be fitness or could also be that he now creates more time and space. I’m unsure, any comments welcomed

How is he not dominating when the commentators and every other person watching the game gave him best on last week, from a flank!
He has torn up the VFL the last two and a half weeks.
Thought it would have been a perfect chance too see how fair dinkum Stack is this week against the Eagles but we still have Norf up our sleeve.lol

Yes Clarke is a talent, and was doing some nice things in the VFL, prior to his promotion but by no means putting together the performances that Cumberland is/was.

Last year too I was surprised when Sampson Ryan was selected to play he obviously wasn’t ready.

Both have bright future’s, but you have to raise your eyebrows when they get picked and Noah has made the 23 once!!!

Anyone that thinks favouritism is playing out here is kidding themselves. I love Dimma and what he’s done but he is a stubborn, strong willed coach, saw it pre 2017, with a number of players continually gifted games. He changed over the 2017 preseason and became a better coach for it. But I’m willing to bet my house on it that Cumberland is not Damian’s idea of a Richmond man
Define what a Richmond man is and i'll think you'll find one thing lacking in Cumberlands game and its the same thing lacking that put Caddy into retirement and thats able to put fwd pressure.
Is there a spot for Cumberland right now?I doubt it with MRJ lack of tank we need at least one of our fwds to have that capacity to run all day.
Once MRJ and or Judson get that tank then there will be a spot for Cumberland if he's good enough.
Thats the way i see it.

Yes Stack had an excellent first year but when you compare the vision from then and now he now looks slow, this may be fitness or could also be that he now creates more time and space. I’m unsure, any comments welcomed
Don't watch vision, watch a game. He has lost note of his pace, the difference being that he was playing half back where he could stream forward and utilize his run carry and kicking ability. As a small forward he has to hit the ball and turn around, it is not his best position but that is where he is being played and it has taken him a while to get that balance right, which he is now doing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Define what a Richmond man is and i'll think you'll find one thing lacking in Cumberlands game and its the same thing lacking that put Caddy into retirement and thats able to put fwd pressure.
Is there a spot for Cumberland right now?I doubt it with MRJ lack of tank we need at least one of our fwds to have that capacity to run all day.
Once MRJ and or Judson get that tank then there will be a spot for Cumberland if he's good enough.
Thats the way i see it.
One thing that Cumberland doesn't lack is aggression. But it is a different type of aggression, it is at the ball more so than the space that seems so precious. Cumberland hits the ball in the air or on the deck very hard, and has great lateral movement once he has it. Give me that over someone who runs and chases and not much else. Young Cody Weightman had 5 goals last week at half time because he did just that, (with no free kicks from memory). Heeney, Elliot, Ryan, Greene, Papley, Breust, Cameron, Richele, Rankine the list goes on, all small forwards who are dangerous.

No point harking back to past Premierships, we had a start studded team the likes we are unlikely to see again for another 30 years. It was them that got us premierships not the pressure players, who played an important role, but it was Martin, Rance, Riewolt, Cotchin, Vlastuin, Grimes, Lynch and a few others that won us premierships.

We missed the 8 and are in 9th right now. We are a good chance for the 8 but no means a given.

Last edited:
Leave your facts out of this.
But emotional hindsight with half truths is so much more fun when trying to justify my thoughts on something when I don’t have all the information

Perhaps try watching the reserves before dribbling sh!t. A grade prep that can read can quote stats. How about he should be getting a gazillion touches and 8 goals a week while you're at it, cos that's what all medium forwards average right? Unlike 95% of the players in the magoos Stack can actually hit targets and we would've lost by 10 goals if he didn't play as he set up nearly every goal himself.

I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS USELESS SKIDMARK SACK OF SH1T IS BACK IN THE FU2K3N TEAM. HE MUST HAVE OTHER HIDDEN TALENTS THAT ONLY HARDWICK KNOWS ABOUT.......... We had an admin girl one job who.............
What a horrible post.

Ok so you don’t like him but that’s nasty language.

Where you a bully at school?

Thats the way i see it.
Fair points T O O, but surely we need to see Cumberland and what he has to offer at the top level.
He’s lightning quick, can kick the ball 60m, is good in the air and has forward smarts. Do we want to lose a player like that to the Bumbers or another club?

We are not the dominant team we were from 2017-20, we can’t rely on Dusty to continually perform at his old level. You need to continue to build and bring new talent in.

I’ve heard all the arguments about George’s defensive ability, guarding space, etc…. Bottom line is he’s a very average footballer being gifted games while a talent like Cumberland doesn’t even get named in a 24 man squad

Last edited:
For those melting about Stack not being included. He didn't get a single coaches vote from either coach

Geelong 13.11 (89) lost to Richmond 16.7 (103)
Jake Aarts (Ric)
7 Jye Chalcraft (Gee)
7 Noah Cumberland (Ric)
3 Jason Castagna (Ric)
2 Cooper Stephens (Gee)
1 Will Martyn (Ric)

Fair points T O O, but surely we need to see Cumberland and what he has to offer at the top level.
He’s lightning quick, can kick the ball 60m, is good in the air and has forward smarts. Do we want to lose a player like that to the Bumbers or another club?

We are not the dominant team we were from 2017-20, we can’t rely on Duty to continually perform at his old level. You need to continue to build and bring new talent in.

I’ve heard all the arguments about George’s defensive ability, guarding space, etc…. Bottom line is he’s a very average footballer being gifted games while a talent like Cumberland doesn’t even get named in a 24 man squad
No arguements for me when it comes to Georges skill level with ball in hand but he obviously does play his role otherwise he wouldn't be a premiership player x3.
Losing Cumberland to another side well i'd be surprised if that happened.You could throw a blanket over 100 players who fits in that same category.
I said jokingly before but the Norf game might be the right match to test the waters with Cumberland.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back