List Mgmt. 2022 Trade, Draft, etc thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Man it's sad how far contested marking has fallen away in the AFL the past decade, especially for forwards.

Outside of naughton, casboult, curnow and Hawkins etc.

Obviously Dixon is nearing the end pretty rapidly but he used to be super. Same for Kennedy.

Peak Travis cloke in our forward line would take 10 contested marks a game. (But our scoring would decrease 😎)

id take Larkey in a heartbeat. I like him. Got some agro, demands the ball and cracks the shits if he isn't used. Our KPF's are all too nice.
Now where have I seen that before

Screenshot_20220704-215626_Gallery.jpg

KPFs who could be ‘getable’.
Adelaide: Walker, Himmelberg
Brisbane: McStay (yuck)
Carlton: McGovern (double yuck)
Collingwood: Cox (lolololololololol)
Fremantle: Lobb, Treacy, Amiss (would fit right in our forward line with a name like that)
Geelong: Ratugolea
Gold Coast: Day
GWS: Riccardi
Hawthorn: Jeka
North Melbourne: Larkey, Zurhaar (undersized)
Port Adelaide: Dixon, Marshall, Georgiades
Sydney: Amartey, McLean
West Coast: Allen, Waterman
Riccardi and Amartey please, 2 bargain young talents.

Choco coached Riccardi at Werribee and basically got him into the AFL so no doubt he'd get the best from him. Amartey is very talented but stuck behind the queue at Sydney.

You've chucked some weird one's there too, Jeka isn't AFL standard lol and Amiss is in no way gettable.

Choco coached Riccardi at Werribee and basically got him into the AFL so no doubt he'd get the best from him. Amartey is very talented but stuck behind the queue at Sydney.

You've chucked some weird one's there too, Jeka isn't AFL standard lol and Amiss is in no way gettable.
Jeka is a reach. Maybe rose coloured glasses because he played ok against us in the draw last year. Amiss is similarly a reach but maybe Freo throw him up as a trade if the negotiations for Jackson get tough. But yeah Lobb/Treacy far more chance if any at all.

Jeka is a reach. Maybe rose coloured glasses because he played ok against us in the draw last year. Amiss is similarly a reach but maybe Freo throw him up as a trade if the negotiations for Jackson get tough. But yeah Lobb/Treacy far more chance if any at all.
Treacy sucks dude. The only one's on that list worth touching are the port 3, north 2, sydney 2, Allen and Riccardi and only a couple of them you could see wanting a move

They're the two that stand out to me, too. Riccardi has looked reasonable at AFL level this year but I reckon has more talent than he's shown so far.

I just looked up Amartey's stats in the VFL this year and they look pretty promising:

A bit of a left-field one could be Tom De Koning. If Jackson leaves, TDK would be a really strong replacement. Can take a great contested grab and can play forward and ruck. There's talk that he could be squeezed out due to all the other huge contracts at Carlton. We'd have to pay up in terms of a trade and $$$s but he may be interested if there's enough of a difference in the contract we could offer.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-07-05 at 11.53.06 am.png
    Screen Shot 2022-07-05 at 11.53.06 am.png
    39.8 KB · Views: 34
I wonder if we'd give any thought to giving Todd Goldstein a one year deal if we lose Jackson. Doubt he'll stay at North and might be attractive for him to finish his career with a year at a Premiership contender.

If we can get a longer term second ruck in their mid 20s that would obviously be preferable but if we can't and Goldy is still capable, could be a handy second fiddle to Gawn and we know he can compete for a mark inside 50.

I wonder if we'd give any thought to giving Todd Goldstein a one year deal if we lose Jackson. Doubt he'll stay at North and might be attractive for him to finish his career with a year at a Premiership contender.

If we can get a longer term second ruck in their mid 20s that would obviously be preferable but if we can't and Goldy is still capable, could be a handy second fiddle to Gawn and we know he can compete for a mark inside 50.
Going from an athletic ruck in Jackson to one of the slowest rucks in the league in Goldstein would be a hard adjustment. I wouldn't mind it as it shows the club is trying to improve in this area. But I'd rather rolling the dice on someone younger.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Jackson goes trade him to West Coast. Get West Coast to swap pick 2 for Mac Andrew and pick 8 from Gold Coast.

Send us Mac Andrew and Future first and call it a day.

The lack of conversation on this thread about Mac is disgusting.

When it comes to key forwards we just need to admit we will always find a way to stuff it up. Look at Watts, Cook, Molan, Dawes, Clark, Jurrah (was tall enough), Brown, Weiderman, Hogan the list goes on. Tall forwards who can take a contested mark and MFC should never be used in the same sentence.

I would rather we just loaded up our forward lines with small forwards rather then continue our trend of choking with every tall forward we look at.

Let’s chase Cameron, Schultz, Papley, Weightman, Ginnivan, Higgins, Rioli and Stengle instead

Last edited:
If Jackson goes trade him to West Coast. Get West Coast to swap pick 2 for Mac Andrew and pick 8 from Gold Coast.

Send us Mac Andrew and Future first and call it a day.

The lack of conversation on this thread about Mac is disgusting.

When it comes to key forwards we just need to admit we will always find a way to stuff it up. Look at Watts, Cook, Molan, Dawes, Clark, Jurrah (was tall enough), Brown, Weiderman, Hogan the list goes on. Tall forwards who can take a contested mark and MFC should never be used in the same sentence.

I would rather we just loaded up our forward lines with small forwards rather then continue our trend of choking with every tall forward we look at.

Let’s chase Cameron, Schultz, Papley, Higgins, Rioli and Stengle instead
you're kidding yourself if you think Gold Coast are going to throw away Mac Andrew (pick 5) AND pick 8 for pick 2.

Other than that I agree with you. We haven't had a good key forward since Neita.

you're kidding yourself if you think Gold Coast are going to throw away Mac Andrew (pick 5) AND pick 8 for pick 2.

Other than that I agree with you. We haven't had a good key forward since Neita.

Get West Coast to throw in a 2nd rounder. Pick 2 and 20 for Mac Andrew and 8-9

Get West Coast to throw in a 2nd rounder. Pick 2 and 20 for Mac Andrew and 8-9
Mac legit signed a contract extension a few weeks ago it's nothing but a pipe dream

This is considered a fairly weak draft. Mac Andrew would probably go pick 2 in this draft. Which means they're downgrading pick 8-9 to 20 for no reason. I still can't see that happening.

They gave up pick 2 for Weller. Wouldn’t be a first.

That pick 8-9 will become 11-12 after priority picks (North), Ashcroft (Brisbane), free agency comp (Carl Amon, Mcstay).

Mac’s family is from Melb, he is a Dees academy player. I’m sure it wouldn’t be hard if a bit of coin was included and lure of a few years with Gawn. He would be a perfect backfill to jacko.

Last edited:
They gave up pick 2 for Weller. Wouldn’t be a first.

That pick 8-9 will become 11-12 after priority picks (North), Ashcroft (Brisbane), free agency comp (Carl Amon, Mcstay).

Mac’s family is from Melb, he is a Dees academy player. I’m sure it wouldn’t be hard if a bit of coin was included and he would be a perfect backfill to jacko.
ffs how hard is it to understand he is not for trade, he's already extended his contract before playing a game that's how highly GC rate him. they would never let him go in a million years and he was never a melbourne player, falling into our zone and doing a few training sessions does not equal melbourne diehard lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back