List Mgmt. Trade targets 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
AFL gives us Band 1 compo on the proviso we trade both picks to North for Horne-Francis, in the same manner that Motlop got Geelong end of first round compo so they could trade it to Gold Coast for Ablett.

Port gets the extra mid that they need to compete with the really good teams.

North gets an extra top ten draft pick that they desperately need.

The AFL addresses the problem with North without compromising the draft too much by assigning a priority pick.

Horne-Francis gets to go home and ply his trade.

It's a new James Frawley deal. Everyone is happy.

And we throw in Travis Boak as a good will gesture.

Kane Cornes believes Port Adelaide should weigh up making a play for Hawthorn midfielder Tom Mitchell.
I’d laugh this off if it wasn’t from Ken’s AFL media accredited propagandist.

We missed finals because we didn’t have the missing piece whitenoisers!!

I would be one of those supporters who says now, We don't need Mitchell, he's slow and his possessions have no hurt factor.

Then when we get him, I will be He's not quick but he positions himself really well, and his disposals release the players with hurt factor! Something something Greg Williams.

I would be one of those supporters who says now, We don't need Mitchell, he's slow and his possessions have no hurt factor.

Then when we get him, I will be He's not quick but he positions himself really well, and his disposals release the players with hurt factor! Something something Greg Williams.
I call this the Tom Rockliff phenomenon.

AFL gives us Band 1 compo on the proviso we trade both picks to North for Horne-Francis, in the same manner that Motlop got Geelong end of first round compo so they could trade it to Gold Coast for Ablett.

Port gets the extra mid that they need to compete with the really good teams.

North gets an extra top ten draft pick that they desperately need.

The AFL addresses the problem with North without compromising the draft too much by assigning a priority pick.

Horne-Francis gets to go home and ply his trade.

It's a new James Frawley deal. Everyone is happy.

Janus, I enjoy reading your posts but I don’t agree with you here….

Yes the AFL is pro-Victoria and I can see that certain clubs get a “good” run…. But where is your proof? This is essentially draft tampering….

You could just get Matt Crouch if you wanted 5 thousand handballs for 3cm gained.

I would expect 5000 Matt Crouch handballs to result in a net loss.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

For the yearly how about Sam Day post. But seriously, hear me out, if he comes cheap, play him at CHB?

Also I hear Gorringe is free…..

And we throw in Travis Boak as a good will gesture.
I see what you did there Papa G Spot ;)

Here is a summary of Boak's stats in all the finals he played in except for 2007 because it was his first season, he was about 18 etc.

1657124206449.png

Oh look. Turns out Boak averages slightly higher Disposals, Kicks, Clearances and Score Involvements in Finals than his career averages. As a fine player by your admission during the regular season, that doesn't seem like a player that failed his club in the finals series. Lets look a bit closer.

2013 vs Geelong. 26 disposals, 5 tackles, 4 clearances, 7 SI. Seems like he did what he could to get us over the line in his first year as captain.
2014 vs Hawthorn. 33 disposals, 7 tackles, 6 clearances, 1 goal and 11 SI. Didn't get us over the line there. Disappointing. Probably best on ground, but still.
2017 vs West Coast. 26 disposals, 6 tackles, 4 clearances, 10 SI playing as a high half forward. Piss poor.
2020 vs Richmond. In a shortened match, disgusting conditions where both sides collectively kicked 86 points Adjusted stats - 24 disposals, 5 tackles, 5 clearances. Arguable whether he did enough. 32 yo Brownlow runner up failed us yet again.
2021 vs WB. 24 disposals, 3 tackles, 5 clearances and 2 SI. Yep the 33 yo ex captain had a below par game, didn't pick the team up on his shoulders and push them across the line. That 71 point deficit was on him. He should have played the game of his life so that we could...lose by 6 goals.

That clears up for me why he has consistently let down supporters when it counts. Maybe you are still pissed off about the prelim. Maybe you secretly blame him for the 2007 Grand Final debacle. He was the captain in waiting after all.

Last edited:
I see what you did there Papa G Spot ;)

Here is a summary of Boak's stats in all the finals he played in except for 2007 because it was his first season, he was about 18 etc.

View attachment 1440972

Oh look. Turns out Boak averages slightly higher Disposals, Kicks, Clearances and Score Involvements in Finals than his career averages. As a fine player by your admission during the regular season, that doesn't seem like a player that failed his club in the finals series. Lets look a bit closer.

2013 vs Geelong. 26 disposals, 5 tackles, 4 clearances, 7 SI. Seems like he did what he could to get us over the line in his first year as captain.
2014 vs Hawthorn. 33 disposals, 7 tackles, 6 clearances, 1 goal and 11 SI. Didn't get us over the line there. Disappointing. Probably best on ground, but still.
2017 vs West Coast. 26 disposals, 6 tackles, 4 clearances, 10 SI playing as a high half forward. Piss poor.
2020 vs Richmond. In a shortened match, disgusting conditions where both sides collectively kicked 86 points Adjusted stats - 24 disposals, 5 tackles, 5 clearances. Arguable whether he did enough. 32 yo Brownlow runner up failed us yet again.
2021 vs WB. 24 disposals, 3 tackles, 5 clearances and 2 SI. Yep the 33 yo ex captain had a below par game, didn't pick the team up on his shoulders and push them across the line. That 71 point deficit was on him. He should have played the game of his life so that we could...lose by 6 goals.

That clears up for me why he has consistently let down supporters when it counts. Maybe you are still pissed off about the prelim. Maybe you secretly blame him for the 2007 Grand Final debacle. He was the captain in waiting after all.
All those numbers look pretty good but the problem is people don’t remember them.
What they do remember is stand out clangers in critical times in big games.
Hope he can be kept at the club after he finishes footy.

Ofcoarse they read big footy 😂

Lol the fact that the footy media mafia willingly chuck out one of our most important clubmen ever, but OH NO they couldn't possibly get rid of the failed loser coach 🙄

Just who is Ken's manager anyway? He's gotta be some crocmedia guy or something. It's gotta be illegal the way he's using the media try to manipulate public opinion, and therefore keep himself in a job.

Gold Coast is set to secure the final piece in its 2022 contract/list puzzle, with young star forward Izak Rankine almost certain to re-sign with the club.

Rankine, who was taken by the Suns with Pick 3 in the 2018 draft, is one of the most in-form small forwards in the AFL, booting 10.3 from his past three games and averaging 15.9 disposals from his past seven games.

While much early speculation around the off-contract Sun surrounded a possible move home to South Australia, Essendon had been strongly linked to Rankine in recent weeks.

Reporter Sam McClure on Wednesday night told 3AW Sportsday the Bombers had offered Rankine a “huge and mammoth five-year deal” at around $800,000 per season, according to industry figures — an offer he’d declined. Although the Bombers, according to McClure, claimed that figure was off the mark and that they simply spoke to Rankine’s management rather than offer him a deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back