Autopsy Collingwood Ducks v Roos

Remove this Banner Ad

When the heat turned up, the same offenders couldn’t handle it.

Dropped marks, poor decisions in trying to break tackles, playing off men in a defensive area.

Just dumb campaigners.

LDU is a ******* star though.
Start of each quarter was Simpkin LDU Anderson on the ball for the first 3 quarters.

LDU would come off at the 8 min mark and Greenwood would replace him

Last quarter started with Greenwood LDU and Simpkin. The mix was wrong and cost us ascendency out the guts.

Mahony came on and went straight to the wing which released Scott from Sidebottom and ****ed us

Our young mids are horrendous ball watchers in transition and when the heat got turned up they constantly got to poor positions and allowed overlaps. Bailey Scott and powell big offenders here.

Frustrating as we were the better side. Hate to be a pies supporter come September on today’s viewing

We're desperate for more mature bodies who can run out games.
Endurance in the 4th killed us more than anything today.
Can't believe Mahony was the medi sub, no offence to the kid but he's not someone you want to bring in during clutch moments.

Geeeez!! Some people are hard to please! After losing all year by 40 points or more, we lose by just 8 to a bloody good team and play some very good football doing it and everyone is whining about it! Pull your heads in and be happy with the effort that the boys put in.

It's a loss but who cares, we're not making finals, improvement in effort, skill and fitness is the best we can hope for.

LDU played like a genuine A grader, Powelly getting back to what we were seeing last year and BUCKETS holding down the back line is what I'm happy with. Also really liked Young's game today too, been a big critic of him and I was pleased to see him play well.

On SM-G998B using BigFooty.com mobile app
It’s just absolute stupidity to lose the game the way we did.

The players didn’t lose this one, it was lost by incompetence.

Why change a structure that has worked all day and troubled the opposition?

I swear this bloke is the biggest issue this group has, he disadvantages this side every week with stupidity.

Great game. So many good things to take out of it, I feel so much better after it than before it. Going off everything we have seen this year we had no right whatsoever to lead for the majority and be so close even at the death.

I don't like abusing other posters but seriously I think some of you have lost the plot if you're having a tanty about how that last quarter played out. We were absolutely cooked and out on our feet with blokes cramping up everywhere. Yes it's an indictment on our fitness, but we've all known our fitness hasn't been up to snuff for years, and as our friend Adrian showed with his emails it IS something we started to focus on this preseason. Hell At least one ITK has talked numerous times about how it's a focus for us but the club understands it will take a couple of years to completely fix. At least the lads actually played with such intensity today that they reached the breaking point, unlike any other time this year!

It was a big factor but I don't think fitness is the sole reason for that last quarter.

With that being said, I don't blame the players for it though. They did their absolute best with the resources they've been given. Massive indictment on the entire football department IMO though.

With that being said, the game showed we have a nucleus to build on. I think a footy department change will show a huge improvement in the coming years. Just need the right people in there to develop.

Understand the sentiment (especially after last week) that this isn't the time to go the pitchforks.

That one hurt, but onwards an upwards.

Nice to be happy for three quarters. I didn't even feel that against the Eagles.
I agree, I am all good with losing games, if we are competitive and show “something”. Today we showed something. And Although a loss hurts, I’m not angry. Im disappointed.

The game was on our terms until fitness become a real struggle in the last Q. The loss comes down to fitness which also is good for Walsh to see.

Interesting that this was the first time this year we looked at using 45 kicks into the corridor, why did it take so long? It works

Also, no Xerri, No Walker and No Turner. Based on last year, McKay is better as the lone key tall in defence. Walker and McKay obviously doesn’t work.

A lot of questions were answered in todays game

Start of each quarter was Simpkin LDU Anderson on the ball for the first 3 quarters.

Last quarter started with Greenwood LDU and Simpkin. The mix was wrong and cost us ascendency out the guts.

Mahony came on and went straight to the wing which released Scott from Sidebottom and *ed us

Our young mids are horrendous ball watchers in transition and when the heat got turned up they constantly got to poor positions and allowed overlaps. Bailey Scott and powell big offenders here.

Frustrating as we were the better side. Hate to be a pies supporter come September on today’s viewing
Pies have made good teams look ordinary this year. Would have been beyond hilarious if they’d lost to us and the Eagles, of course, but playing well in big games doesn’t seem to be their problem.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fitness and lack of leadership cost us.

Sidebum, Howe and Pendlebury huge in the last quarter.

We were gassed, cramping all over the ground and didn't have any senior players able to stand up the way the Pies did.

I'm gutted by the result but proud of what we showed today.

Mahony came on and went straight to the wing which released Scott from Sidebottom and *ed us

The bloke in charge is todays winning coach.

He pulled if every conceivable move he could to allow Collingwood to win.

Their backline was struggling matchup wise until Noble pushed players back and allowed Howe to play loose.

Pack your bags idiot!

The difference is incredibly obvious. When the game is in the balance, who steps up? Pendlebury, Sidebottom, Adams & Howe. Who doesn’t step up? Norths senior players. Unfortunately that is where our list is at.

A lot of positives out of today.
Posted pretty much exactly the same thing.

Great effort. What can you do? We lost because we’re so used to losing. Nothing more. A first step, hopefully. Great effort. I love Larkey.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I was seriously about to post the same thing. Step in the right direction. It’s disappointing that we lost but your absolutely right.

Hope this team can get some consistent games together for the remainder of the year.

We're desperate for more mature bodies who can run out games.

This is the crux of it.

Our list is unbalanced and we're in dire need of just a couple of reliable and skillful mature guys to help.

A great audition for the new coach.

Amazing what happens when we play players in their preferred positions see Goldy, LDU and Mckay. What a complete waste of a year.

Onwards and upwards and bring on the changes in the next week or two.
A win was just thrown away.

Well done to the playing group on doing us proud, but these blokes aren’t getting any favours from the bloke in charge.

Effort, we tried hard, whatever.

That is utter nonsense.

Good teams win that game.

I can't believe it's got to the point where we "trying" and "got close" is somehow acceptable logic of how we want to move forward.

It's a disgrace we lost that game considering our lead at 3tr time.

Utterly unacceptable.

The difference is incredibly obvious. When the game is in the balance, who steps up? Pendlebury, Sidebottom, Adams & Howe. Who doesn’t step up? Norths senior players. Unfortunately that is where our list is at.

A lot of positives out of today.

The difference was obvious.

The ball movement and cohesion was better than anything we’ve produced this season.

There were a lot of positives.

I’m also more disappointed than in the big losses.

We absolutely could have won that game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy Collingwood Ducks v Roos

Remove this Banner Ad

Back