Opinion Non-Crows AFL 5: Save Ken

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Port fans are a classless lot who honestly, would never have stood and applauded a great from our club off the field. They were even gutter trash pricks after the Phil Walsh memorial showdown. I don't know why we are even surprised. Yet our club keeps playing nice guy.

Port fans are a classless lot who honestly, would never have stood and applauded a great from our club off the field. They were even gutter trash pricks after the Phil Walsh memorial showdown. I don't know why we are even surprised. Yet our club keeps playing nice guy.
Tonight - I was actually surprised at how few boos Tex got.................Initially, then when they got on a roll, the crowd skied downhill and then went ballistic at him late. Was actually quite pathetic.

I mean, I expected them to be tossers and do it from the beginning. But to be cowards at first, only finding full voice once the game was over? Entitled bunch over there who are afraid of receiving their own medicine.

Tonight - I was actually surprised at how few boos Tex got.................Initially, then when they got on a roll, the crowd skied downhill and then went ballistic at him late. Was actually quite pathetic.

I mean, I expected them to be tossers and do it from the beginning. But to be cowards at first, only finding full voice once the game was over? Entitled bunch over there who are afraid of receiving their own medicine.

The problem was only 60% of the crowd were Port fans. The rest were sold tickets to Crows. All the fairwhether assclowns were to gutless to even bother showing up.

My wife was at the game tonight (she's a Port supporter) and she was telling me that she thought some of the crowd was embarrassing when it came to Walker.

Apparently people around her were yelling out that he was a racist and calling him a piece of shit etc.

One thing my wife said, which made me laugh, was that the she could tell from looking at the idiots who were yelling that crap out that they more than likely would have been the same people who were laugh reacting on Facebook when stories were posted about Betts being racially abused back when he used to play for us.

Last edited:
So, does this mean we also have "tanked" after half time. What will happen to our pick 5?

Yep we tanked too, same as Essendon. Last round is a total tankfest. Reckon there’ll be 9 clubs that have done it by the end of the round. Blight on the game, AFL needs to do something about it. You just can’t have 9 teams tanking every week in the last few rounds of the season.

Yep we tanked too, same as Essendon. Last round is a total tankfest. Reckon there’ll be 9 clubs that have done it by the end of the round. Blight on the game, AFL needs to do something about it. You just can’t have 9 teams tanking every week in the last few rounds of the season.
Happens in every code pretty much.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Delete this post, I want to see how far ABAB will take it. I might even get a basic football knowledge comment from him. Although, he’s like an amoeba, stimulus - response, he won’t be able to help himself anyway.
It wasn’t ABAB that brought it up originally. It was adelsidecrows.

Grotto's Sunday Guide to the Final 8:rainbow:

No need to go searching for the info, its all here.:$

1. GEELONG CATS
Round 23 result:
def. West Coast Eagles at GMHBA Stadium by 85 points
Finish 1st

2. MELBOURNE
Round 23 result:
def. Brisbane Lions at the Gabba by 58 points
Will finish 2nd if Sydney loses to St Kilda OR wins by less than 9 goals
Will finish 3rd if Sydney defeats St Kilda by more than 9 goals

3. FREMANTLE
Round 23 result:
def. GWS Giants at Manuka Oval by 20 points
Will finish 3rd if Sydney loses to St Kilda and Collingwood loses to Carlton
Will finish 4th if one of them lose
Will finish 5th if neither lose

4. SYDNEY SWANS
Round 23 game:
St Kilda at Marvel Stadium, Sunday 4:40pm
Win: Finish 2nd if margin is 9+ goals or more, otherwise finish 3rd
Lose by 17 goals or less:
Finish 4th if Collingwood loses to Carlton, 5th if Collingwood defeats Carlton
Lose by more than 17 goals: Finish 5th if Collingwood loses to Carlton, 6th if Collingwood defeats Carlton

5. BRISBANE LIONS
Round 23 result:
lost to Melbourne at the Gabba by 58 points
Will finish 4th if Sydney loses to St Kilda by 17+ goals and Collingwood loses to Carlton
Will finish 5th if one of those things happens
Will finish 6th if neither of those things happen

6. COLLINGWOOD
Round 23 game:
Carlton at the MCG, Sunday 3:20pm
Win: Finish 3rd if Sydney loses to St Kilda, 4th if Sydney beats St Kilda
Lose: Finish 6th

7. RICHMOND
Round 23 result:
def. Essendon at the MCG by 66 points
Finish 7th

8. CARLTON
Round 23 game:
Collingwood at the MCG, Sunday 3:20pm
Win: Finish 8th
Lose:
Finish 8th if Western Bulldogs lose to Hawthorn OR beat Hawthorn but can’t make up roughly 2 goals of percentage, otherwise miss finals

9. WESTERN BULLDOGS
Round 23 game:
Hawthorn at UTAS Stadium, Sunday 1:10pm
Win: Finish 8th if Carlton loses to Collingwood and they make up roughly 2 goals of percentage, otherwise miss finals
Lose:
Miss finals

10. ST KILDA
Round 23 game:
Sydney Swans at Marvel Stadium, Sunday 4:40pm
Win: Finish 8th if Carlton loses to Collingwood, Western Bulldogs lose to Hawthorn and they make up roughly 20 goals of percentage, otherwise miss finals
Lose:
Miss finals

The AFL should strip all the bottom 6 team of their draft picks lol.

Well done Ken! 😍

At least Buckley coached his team to lead ~5mins before FT in a GF.

That Eagles passage of play in 2018 for the goal by Sheed, was perfection. It needed so many things to go right.

It was the greatest goal in modern day AFL footy, given that the pressure and expectation that a Premiership was literally riding on it.

At least Buckley coached his team to lead ~5mins before FT in a GF.

That Eagles passage of play in 2018 for the goal by Sheed, was perfection. It needed so many things to go right.

It was the greatest goal in modern day AFL footy, given that the pressure and expectation that a Premiership was literally riding on it.

Yes, Buckley and Daniher got their teams to Grand Finals. Scott, like Ken, made prelims. Mind you the two prelims Scott got Norf into were both outside of Victoria and on both occasions Norf came through two knock out finals to get there. Unlike Port Powers last two efforts.

I am just very happy for Ken that he has more time to keep doing the wonderful job he has done there. And wow, 50k there last night. What a show of support by the Port Power faithful 😍😆

Yes, Buckley and Daniher got their teams to Grand Finals. Scott, like Ken, made prelims. Mind you the two prelims Scott got Norf into were both outside of Victoria and on both occasions Norf came through two knock out finals to get there. Unlike Port Powers last two efforts.

I am just very happy for Ken that he has more time to keep doing the wonderful job he has done there. And wow, 50k there last night. What a show of support by the Port Power faithful 😍😆
Even with Scott IIRC he did the unimaginable at the time, he led the Eagles at HT in one of those prelims. They were massive underdogs.

Ken is clearly the worst.

Anyone got Club Teals record against top 4 and 8 teams over the last few years handy?

I have an annoying family member coming over and I would like some ammo
Well currently they have only beaten one Top 8 side in 2022.

Currently we have beaten 2.

Even with Scott IIRC he did the unimaginable at the time, he led the Eagles at HT in one of those prelims. They were massive underdogs.

Ken is clearly the worst.

Yes we were extremely shaky in the first half of the 2015 PF. Norf played well, we ended up kicking really poorly but got through. Unfortunately didn’t end well the following week 🤦‍♂️

I wouldn’t say Ken is the worst! He has had a lot of bad luck. He is just trying his best. And I am sure he would have been so appreciative of the support from the faithful last night. From both sides 😆

Year 11 next year! Go Ken.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back