Analysis Hawks 2022 Hypothetical trades (read the pinned post)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly, the "No Kane Cornes" Rule is back

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting - IMO with Amon and Bruhn apparently coming in, and Sheezel’s apparent incredible footy IQ, I’m leaning towards the pack of Cheezels (plus another diehard Hawk fan)

Would be good to see either come in though!
The club is said to want an elite mid.

Unless they think Sheezel can be that they’re looking to get one of Tsatas or Wardlaw.

Stocker for free makes a lot of sense with where we are at. 22, contested ball winning midfielder. Those are the type of low risk, high reward acquisitions that we should be aiming for (unless he is toxic to our culture in which case steer clear).
If we upgrade Newc or some other rookie I would rookie Stocker

The club is said to want an elite mid.

Unless they think Sheezel can be that they’re looking to get one of Tsatas or Wardlaw.
To be fair though, elite mid at 18 and elite mid can be very different things. Good chance they have their eyes on a slightly lower output but higher ceiling sort of pick later on. I'd almost prefer that than giving up too much to get Wardlaw as there's a fair bit of risk there.

Excellent point. And they well might.

Taranto is a butcher and does Hopper get it enough. Not sure. I am not concerned about RFC until we play them.

Personally I like what the HFC is doing at the moment.

Get pick 2.

That said, Gresham and the HFC aggression for him next year is very, very important. Sorry for the departure.
My mail is Gresham is being hotly pursued by us for FA. We add Amon, Bruhn, first pick in the draft, possibly Bergman or Duursma plus Gresham within 12 months we are absolute geniuses. We're adding depth and talent to our biggest weakness. Look out 2024.

My mail is Gresham is being hotly pursued by us for FA. We add Amon, Bruhn, first pick in the draft, possibly Bergman or Duursma plus Gresham within 12 months we are absolute geniuses. We're adding depth and talent to our biggest weakness. Look out 2024.

A fit Gresham is the ideal player to complement our current mids.

I know where we are with Gresham. Great to hear it from someone else.

Someone will put him on their primary. North at the very least. If we want him I reckon it would have to be primary list.
I don't think they will. Well known he has a small tank and can't run through the midfield, which is his natural position. They tried him down back to cover this and it didn't work. Good VFL level mid and that's it.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It feels like a big and productive off-season for us.
If it gets as big as some think it will there’s going to be some melts.

If we are able to land both Bruhn and Flanders then I'd really hope we are trading both Mitchell and Worpel out.
Picking up Flanders I imagine would be more a hope he comes good than any certainty.

Even Bruhn is no certainty to make it. We’d be banking on upside more than output.

Worps we’d be selling for cents on the dollar.

We are a good chance of being in for more pain next year in the middle especially if Mitchell goes. And I’m for the Mitchell trade.

Last edited:
If we are able to land both Bruhn and Flanders then I'd really hope we are trading both Mitchell and Worpel out.
Mitchell seems gone.

Don’t know if we have interest in Flanders but bruhn, Flanders + a big body with our first pick (Humphrey or ginbey) would give us a very different look around the contest (if it comes off).

Worpel probably gets games next year anyway as we’ve moved on all our other midfield depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back