Analysis Hawks 2022 Hypothetical trades (read the pinned post)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firstly, the "No Kane Cornes" Rule is back

Last edited by a moderator:

Can’t see how they afford it AND what they will trade, unless Syd give up two firsts for Martin and get back at least one from Bris for Lance.

Again I can’t see the Lions giving away anything like that when they need to bid on Ashcroft and possibly Fletcher. Unless it’s a future first - but they might need it for the deficit as well.

If Mitchell and bruhn trades largely cancel each other out would we be happy with trading out our 2nd for another young player (Bergman, durrsm, Flanders etc) and basically having 1 decent pick in this years draft? (But maybe okay with young talent coming in?). I can’t imagine we want to play with our future picks too much given McCabe. Or is there another player traded out?

Still can’t see us getting pick 2 unless there’s a big trade looming.

Can’t see how they afford it AND what they will trade, unless Syd give up two firsts for Martin and get back at least one from Bris for Lance.

If Richmond succeed. Good stuff. Opens up yet another bidder for TOM.
Tigers hold 12,19 and 30 right now.

If Swans give them 17 for Dusty, Tigers will get both Hoppet and Taranto with ease.

As an aside. The work that is going on at the moment is all about us, yes the HFC, participating with Geelong and Sydney, two massive HFC foes, again and AGAIN in a finals series. We just NEED to get there, it might take 3 years BUT, the HFC has got to get it right.
I'm all for that!

Tigers hold 12,19 and 30 right now.

If Swans give them 17 for Dusty, Tigers will get both Hoppet and Taranto with ease.
Excellent point. And they well might.

Taranto is a butcher and does Hopper get it enough. Not sure. I am not concerned about RFC until we play them.

Personally I like what the HFC is doing at the moment.

Get pick 2.

That said, Gresham and the HFC aggression for him next year is very, very important. Sorry for the departure.

Excellent point. And they well might.

Taranto is a butcher and does Hopper get it enough. Not sure. I am not concerned about RFC until we play them.

Personally I like what the HFC is doing at the moment.

Get pick 2.

That said, Gresham and the HFC aggression for him next year is very, very important. Sorry for the departure.
Hey Tops,
Any idea who the clubs keen on if we did land pick 2?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Had a good year. Can tackle, take contested marks and is clever around goals. A bit like Toby Greene lite.

However despite this I believe he views himself as a midfielder. Could be a dangerous player if he gets to split his time between mid and forward.
Which is exactly one of our positions of need

Dusty to Sydney seems pretty unlikely now, swans pretty adamant.
Can’t see it happening - monster contact for someone who’s lost the love for the game.

Expecting Wardlaw to be gone to North.

We have had long, long term interest in Sheezel. If we got Tsatas I would be personally rapped, particularly if we managed to get Duursma from Port.
So is this all to say that if we do make the move up to No. 2, is it with the idea that we’re really keen on getting at least one of Wardlaw and Sheezel?

Can’t see it happening - monster contact for someone who’s lost the love for the game.

So is this all to say that if we do make the move up to No. 2, is it with the idea that we’re really keen on getting at least one of Wardlaw and Sheezel?
No. Expect Wardlaw gone to North. Sheezel and Tsatas. Not my view, but the Club view. Personally, go for the pure mid in Tsatas.

No. Expect Wardlaw gone to North. Sheezel and Tsatas. Not my view, but the Club view. Personally, go for the pure mid in Tsatas.
Interesting - IMO with Amon and Bruhn apparently coming in, and Sheezel’s apparent incredible footy IQ, I’m leaning towards the pack of Cheezels (plus another diehard Hawk fan)

Would be good to see either come in though!

Stocker for free makes a lot of sense with where we are at. 22, contested ball winning midfielder. Those are the type of low risk, high reward acquisitions that we should be aiming for (unless he is toxic to our culture in which case steer clear).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back