List Mgmt. 2022 Trade & List Management Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also whilst I don't think this TT stuff will eventuate I have seen some comments on your board valuing him highly as a pick 5 or 7. I'm curious though as to the feeling if the suns hypothetically traded all of their 2nd round picks for him 25,32 and 33. This being the equivalent of pick 5 in points and allowing north to use as currency to bring in players through trade?
I can't speak for everyone but TT would need to post a video online of him burning his north guernsey before I would consider trading him this year.

12 months ago I thought that he was on track to be an All-Australian. He had a rough year in every way possible.

I would give him a year with some structure under Clarko and see if he still wants to go.

Jy Simpkin is untradeable.

Not because he's the greatest player. Because his value to us and what we are trying to build here is more than what any other team would value him.

Simpkin and LDU are the cornerstones of this rebuild. LDU because of his ability. Simpkin because of who he is to the club.

Firstly, no one in their right mind would offer pick 12 for Simpkin. Secondly, a direct answer to your question "why?" It's because not everyone rates players at the same level. Some people would rather take that risk than keep persisting with him.
For me that risk makes no sense. And interested why you are like think no one would offer Pick 12 for Simpkin?

I would think his value is very much worth Pick 12. Young mids with his ball winning ability don’t grow on trees.

Even with his limitations Simpkin is proven and developed and has massive upside given his age.

Some people just want shiny new toys I guess. The same toys that could be thrown in the bin because they don’t live up to the image on the box.

Pardon the intrusion
Mcpherson is contracted till next year so will likely still be at the club next year unless he requests a trade.

Also whilst I don't think this TT stuff will eventuate I have seen some comments on your board valuing him highly as a pick 5 or 7. I'm curious though as to the feeling if the suns hypothetically traded all of their 2nd round picks for him 25,32 and 33. This being the equivalent of pick 5 in points and allowing north to use as currency to bring in players through trade?

How many list spots are you likely to have available?

And interested why you are like think no one would offer Pick 12 for Simpkin?
It's not just the bad decision making, its the severity of the bad decisions. It's not enough to be simply a ball winner the way the game is evolving, you've got to be smart and able to kick. Blokes like JHF or any future prospects don't want to be deflated by ridiculous turnovers, they want to win.

Cal Twomey confirmed on trade desk that we have talked to Bruhn but also said Geelong are a good chance. He said Hawks interest is on the other end of the spectrum, not 100% on the wording but seemed like he meant they were less interested than us & Geelong. weird considering some of the hawks posters on the Tanner Bruhn thread are adamant he’s a hawk, although matched what the posters in here have said.

Also said that Logue is between staying at Freo and coming to VIC so what we already knew, and believes more will be found out after freos season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With Hall signing today list spots are now at a premium!

Not sure how we take 3 in the draft let alone add all these trade targets and extra picks.

Can't fill a cup that is already full.

Desperately need those extra spots as part of any assistance package now.

Corr, CCJ and Xerri with deals to 2025😂
Greenwood and Lazzaro 2024🧐
Spicer, Bonar, Polec, Mahony, Ziebell 2023😨

Our delistings are almost sorted for the next 3 years. North doing reverse list management by avoiding having hard conversations for a while now loll

It's not just the bad decision making, its the severity of the bad decisions. It's not enough to be simply a ball winner the way the game is evolving, you've got to be smart and able to kick. Blokes like JHF or any future prospects don't want to be deflated by ridiculous turnovers, they want to win.
Trading Jy for the right price is not the worst idea to be honest. Its not even a bad decision. Its actually good list management. Jy is Jack Z MkII.

Hard as a cats head, was a forward, blind kicks the footy, cant hit the goal etc.

Jy’s kicking is an absolute Lia ****ing Bility moving forward.

I love the kid, I respect his leadership and his effort to keep moral high in tough dry times. Moving forward, he will not be part of the midfield core. So where do you play him?

As a list build decision to build a flag, or a flag winning team, I honestly struggle to fit Jy in the team which really is a tough decision to make.

Corr, CCJ and Xerri with deals to 2025😂
Greenwood and Lazzaro 2024🧐
Spicer, Bonar, Polec, Mahony, Ziebell 2023😨

Our delistings are almost sorted for the next 3 years. North doing reverse list management by avoiding having hard conversations for a while now loll
Those top three….
17A02269-AD3B-4667-ABE2-2AE41EBEC184.jpeg

Jy should have been moulded into a genuine small forward. Not a midfielder. His side step on boundary lines and his tenacity at winning the pill inside the 50 was awesome when he was 18/19. That should of been persisted with. Not make him a midfielder where by his disposal is below AFL standard

Cal Twomey confirmed on trade desk that we have talked to Bruhn but also said Geelong are a good chance. He said Hawks interest is on the other end of the spectrum, not 100% on the wording but seemed like he meant they were less interested than us & Geelong. weird considering some of the hawks posters on the Tanner Bruhn thread are adamant he’s a hawk, although matched what the posters in here have said.

Also said that Logue is between staying at Freo and coming to VIC so what we already knew, and believes more will be found out after freos season.
Basically Browne and Hawk ITKs versus Twomey and Edmunds on the Bruhn front.

Ooo, the drama of AFL trades...

Basically Browne and Hawk ITKs versus Twomey and Edmunds on the Bruhn front.

Ooo, the drama of AFL trades...

I’ve looked up that Hawks ITK’s posting history… it’s really a lot of misses. Nothing of substance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back