Coach Men's Senior Coach: Brad Scott

Remove this Banner Ad

Lyon leaked. Scott did not. Thete's caution in that for other clubs who might later consider Lyon.
It makes it really interesting more broadly. Who are people getting their info from, and who did they get it from in the past, who now doesn't or can't tell them anything?

Noticed a few journos tried to get Dave with a few gotcha questions.
Eg - Clarkson, Sheedy and Hird.

Glad he kept his mouth shut and didn’t respond.
All three questions probably to be expected. Clarkson was shut down as not commenting on other clubs, Sheedy was answered diplomatically but explicitly, and Hird was answered generically by both of them talking about the process more broadly and how it was set up/Scott's experiences with it.

I noticed that too. When Kevin Sheedy first spoke to the team back in '81, he used the words "You have to" quite a lot, and Simon Madden walked up to him after it & said "It's not you, its we".
And then Sheeds sacked him as captain?

Me and a mate were tripped up with that all night last Saturday, masquerading as cat fans trying to get the goddamned pubs to open.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hard to admit because I've never been sold on Scott, but that was fairly impressive as far as press conferences go. He probably comes with more beneficial experience from his AFL house gig than I had initially thought and he's not gonna muck around or pull punches so to speak, so that's something

It makes it really interesting more broadly. Who are people getting their info from, and who did they get it from in the past, who now doesn't or can't tell them anything?
I'm not sold that that's been completely weeded out yet, Lore. I mentioned elsewhere, with the external review going on, people might be keeping quiet for their own sake.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Men's Senior Coach: Brad Scott

Remove this Banner Ad

Back