Coach Men's Senior Coach: Brad Scott

Remove this Banner Ad

I think this is the best outcome we could have hoped for. To me he is by far the best person for the job. We definitely won’t be seeing bruise free footy and the players will know exactly where they stand. Looking forward to good times ahead.
wasn't my choice (and wtf do I know) but it really does feel like the right one for us

I like that he's come out saying no one is entitled. right between the eyes of the club. like it

it is genuinely unbelievable how much a simple change of outfit can improve a man's likeability factor!!

1664501833138-png.1522193

meh, Hird would have had a better press conference.

"I'm very disappointed, shocked is probably the best word. As a coach I take full responsibility for what happens in our footy department. If there have been goings on within our football department that are not right we want to know."

elbow to the ribs wrong speech jim

clears throat

"i'm incredibly humbled to be given the job...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brad Scott took North to 5 finals campaigns in the 9.5 years he coached, and his best home & away season was 2014, when North had 16 wins. That year they beat both grand finalists Sydney and Hawthorn. The last time Essendon had 16 or more wins was 2001.

Brad Scott is exactly what this club needs IMO. He drives high standards both on and off the field and forms strong relationships with his players.

Just rewatched the presser. Brad spoke very very well, don't think their could be a criticism of that, great IMO that he wasn't drawn into any short turn turnaround magicly winning finals next year, too that he wasn't willing to be drawn into his views of people from afar he wanted to get to know them first ona personal level.

His little quib at Tom Browne about missing is phone callls.

Be spoke very very well.

In retrospect, the job was Scott's to lose once he applied. The value of experience in his resume would have blown other competitors out of the water. He has brought with him a detailed, surveyed knowledge and understanding of the modern game and the breadth of strategy across the entire competition with him.

When he mentioned that coaching again has always been in the back of his mind through all of the new learning and experience he had at AFL house, the penny dropped for me.

His football brain will be of the highest order.

Just rewatched the presser. Brad spoke very very well, don't think their could be a criticism of that, great IMO that he wasn't drawn into any short turn turnaround magicly winning finals next year, too that he wasn't willing to be drawn into his views of people from afar he wanted to get to know them first ona personal level.

His little quib at Tom Browne about missing is phone callls.

Be spoke very very well.

He speaks very well, when he isn't emotional/agitated. It is the press conferences after a loss where he used to be a bit of a loose cannon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Men's Senior Coach: Brad Scott

Remove this Banner Ad

Back