Coach Men's Senior Coach: Brad Scott

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s so comforting having a Scott brother as our coach, I don’t even know why.

I don’t mind Solomon if he’s brought over, have watched some of his old training videos from the suns days, he’s relentlessly good.

Would love if Caracella continues on as an assistant.

As for other assistants, good question, maybe Teague, Selwood, even frosty.

Are we sure he's twins with Chris Scott and not prime Gary O'Donnell?

Didn't present a plan to the committee or tell anyone at the club about assistant coaches he was going to bring with him if he was appointed. Completely open mind about it,

Seems likely he'll keep the ones that want to stay?
He doesn't really have a choice.

Most coaching staffs are set by now which makes poaching difficult, and the period for clubs to tell assistants they were no longer required was like a month ago so guys there currently aren't likely to be sacked.

Guys like Solomon or Joyce who aren't in the AFL system currently are really the only ones left to appoint if he wants.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Most coaching staffs are set by now which makes poaching difficult, and the period for clubs to tell assistants they were no longer required was like a month ago so guys there currently aren't likely to be sacked.

Guys like Solomon or Joyce who aren't in the AFL system currently are really the only ones left to appoint if he wants.
Also that I'm pretty sure our assistants are contracted and would have to be paid out. Was a response to a direct question he was asked though and I'm pretty sure some of the others had people in mind that they wanted to bring with them so it's interesting in that sense.

dont mind that given I think we have some good ones

Senior - Brad
Def - ??
Mid - Caracella
Stoppages - Tapping
Fwd - Gia
Development - Tudor
VFL - Roberts

Scott says he first he had to decide whether he even wanted to coach again, and then whether Essendon was a good fit. He wouldn't have taken up the invitation if he had been offered the job outright without a proper process.

Implicitly, perhaps he also had his own questions for the panel?

Seriously impressive...What a fantastic appointment, we are on the right track. Barham talking about leaks, now focusing on football and members has me excited. Also shows the difference between Lyon and Scott...Lyon wanted the position handed to him, Scott wanted to go through the process.

Seriously impressive...What a fantastic appointment, we are on the right track. Barham talking about leaks, now focusing on football and members has me excited. Also shows the difference between Lyon and Scott...Lyon wanted the position handed to him, Scott wanted to go through the process.
Lyon leaked. Scott did not. Thete's caution in that for other clubs who might later consider Lyon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Coach Men's Senior Coach: Brad Scott

Remove this Banner Ad

Back